Snakes Alive!

Thank you for showing them respect and not killing them like some assholes do.

Some "assholes" have children and live in the country . I know myself ,, I will quickly kill a snake (deadly) just so my family is safe :peace: If I have a Brown snake living under my porch with it's babies ,,, I WILL get rid of all of them ASAP .

I have had pet snakes and love them , but sometimes you have to be practical :D My family comes first .

I had a Death Adder crawl across my foot when I was 11 ,, scariest thing ever :D I just stood still till it was gone and ran home crying ,, we used to have a lot of them around the Coffs Harbour area , and they WILL attack unprovoked .

I understand what you are saying about people going out of their way to kill them when the snake is trying to retreat ,, that is wrong . In most cases , leave them alone , and they will leave you alone :peace:

Edited by Closet Grower

Wicked Naycha. I thought it might be a yellow belly black but there you go non venomous. Goes to show how snakes are easily misidentified.

Awsome pic of the Death Adder too mate. Can see why people have mistaken them for lizards. A year or two ago some dude picked one up thinking it was a lizard and it bit him a few times. He was in cardiac arrest within minutes but survived.

Its so stocky and powerful looking. Imagine the strike :)

Wicked Naycha. I thought it might be a yellow belly black but there you go non venomous. Goes to show how snakes are easily misidentified.

Awsome pic of the Death Adder too mate. Can see why people have mistaken them for lizards. A year or two ago some dude picked one up thinking it was a lizard and it bit him a few times. He was in cardiac arrest within minutes but survived.

Its so stocky and powerful looking. Imagine the strike :)

Yeah I remember that story, poor guy. I have seen someone get barely scratched by a death adder fang, and even then they were lucky to survive.

They have the largest fangs I have ever seen, they are not that long but they're very fat. I'll get a pic if I can (could have the other day but forgot my camera :kingnerd: )

Keep the pics coming everyone!!

:peace:

High Guyz ,

Just stopped in from the bush again to re-supply ... goin' back out within the hour and just thought I'd stop in for a quick squiz ^_^

The site looks to be cranking along nicely (wow so many stoners) :/

I see many snakes traversing the rainforests and countryside (of course) but I'm only lucky enough to snap a photo occasionally ...

Here's just a couple from the last trip ..

post-8241-1233907720_thumb.jpg post-8241-1233907778_thumb.jpg

I didn't know what this snake was at first but have since identified it to be a 'Marsh Snake' .. pretty cool :D

post-8241-1233907945_thumb.jpg post-8241-1233907991_thumb.jpg

And a friendly resident woodpile Python ... about 2 metres .. :/

I saw some huge red-bellies up close too but unfortunatly none of the pics turned out .. probably had shaky hands :wave: heheh

Anyhoo , gotsta go now ... So until next time , enjoy! :D

Cheerz,

Budman lol

P.s. Those Death Adders are gnarly as ... intense striking capability ... but Taipans are probably the most dangerous .. awesome snakes and very very quick. Bring on more pics .. but be safe people ^_^

Hi all. Hard to tell from pics. The same species can be totaly diff colours in diff areas. I remember growing around the Uki area many years back. The death adders up there were flesh coloured while the ones from the coffs region look a fair bit like blue tongues in colour. River rats first pics { well, the third pic anyway} looks a fair bit like a coffs tiger snake. Apparently you gotta count the scales on their head to get it right. :blink: Good luck on that one.. ;). My place is inundated with snakes. Tigers Browns, Blacks. and death adders. If i see im in the bush, they have my utmost respect. but if they are around my dwelling, not pythons and brown in colour. then fuckem. I've had browns on my doorstep, a death adder in the shed, etc etc. I think not, they must go.. cheers..b.b.... ;)

:) bush buggered well said. Im the same with snakes. Out bush in their own environment is cool but poionous snakes around the house? Not a chance :) Having said that I find the poisonous ones the most interesting. I guess its fear. The important thing is being able to differentiate between poisonous and non poisonous snakes. Thats more or less why i started this thread so we can isentify them better. Im now pretty confident that the snake in the first pics I posted is a keel back and not a Brown/taipan and infact. I had one in the house only two days ago which I let go unharmed. They look so much like a brown snake its not funny and most people wouldn't hesitate in killing it. Im ashamed to say Ive killed a couple myself out of fear and ignorance. Not any more.

RR

Here is a picture of a snakebite form my pet carpet python about six feet long. Got me on the hand when I was putting it back in the cage, and held on for three or four minutes.

As you can see from the photo they have multiple rows of needle like teeth, these teeth are curved backwards like hooks and the only real way to remove the snake without damaging and stressing it is to wait.

Palm

post-15017-1234997455_thumb.jpg

Back of hand

post-15017-1234997512_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1