Avoid SA Hydro Shops

I'd like to know why this whole post wasn't binned, and most of the posts that followed. What has it got to do with SOUTH AUSTRALIA? That's quite a few insults on the Insultometer, I've had plenty binned for less :huh:

This post has nothing to do with SA but this has: cops aren't sitting around taking down number plates of people going to their local garden shop (not that I've noticed anyway). Hey, if in doubt - walk. :peace:

:peace:

I'd like to know why this whole post wasn't binned, and most of the posts that followed. What has it got to do with SOUTH AUSTRALIA? That's quite a few insults on the Insultometer, I've had plenty binned for less :peace:

Not deleted probably because there isn;t any vulgar language or any direct personal attacks although I agree with you about it being way off topic.

peace

c

Hmm, you obviously get your share of drama queens here.

On topic, if they are taking numbers, it wouldnt be the first time, and I've heard of this happening is victoria too, about 15 or 20 years ago.

Them getting a warrant is the worrying part, as far as I know, it was always a matter of them getting addresses to watch, not direct busts.

Sometimes I'm glad I dont have to worry about that sort of rubbish anymore.

:thumbsup: They`re gone... Damn, was just getting to be fun too... I love it when I get misquoted, abused, etc.

:disguise: Anyways, back to the topic... I`m told that the S.A gov have a very interesting interpretation of Hydroponic growing, basically anything in an enclosed area with artificial lighting... Is this true? I asked earlier in the thread but got no answer to this. Think I read it in the paper a while ago...

We used to hear stories about our local hydro shop being watched by the police in order to pinch ppl, never heard of a bust that involved `em though... Usually ppl`s stupidity does the work. It would be a fair stretch of time and resources too...

Bye bye trolls... T`was good knowing youse...

JAIKAI

Same deal in Queensland as well, even if your grow medium is soil (under light/s, indoors). The Drug Squads tend to like it like that. Plenty of grey areas they can move around within, to trump up whatever charges they feel like writing up.

I'd imagine that'd be pretty well be the standard, right across Australia.

:thumbsup:

Anything grown with artificial light, heat or nutrient is termed Hydroponic in S.A. If your really interested, google SA legislation and look through the controlled substances act and its regulations. All the SA pot laws are within that document.

This is pretty much what I`ve heard Cooper, they have their own theory on hydroponic growing... That`s farken scary, aint it?

A garden shed with lazerlite roof and say, a 60W bulb to interrupt night hours, for the purpose of growing a legal quantity of pot, is now termed a hydroponic system... It flies in the face of reason :thumbsup: Talk about a law unto themselves...

JAIKAI

this is an interesting topic because being friends with a lawyer he has told me that the police infact breaking the law...

the shop owner and patrons may have a case in relation to harassment..the police have no right to stoke out a licensed premises, whether it be a pub/steakhouse, or a hydroponic shop if it is likely to affect the shop owners ability to earn a living... If the shopkeeper is able to prove that by the police doing this it has impacted on his/her legal business.....you have a case for harassment, and if in fact a shop owner has been singled out, it is even more likely the case would be upheld in court.....in a similar case a bar owner was awarded damages after he proved that by police conducting random breath testing within 75 metres of his licensed premises affected his business and enabled competing premises to thrive.....

food for thought