Backyard bagseed

Any suggestions on whats wrong with this plant? ive got 2 of them exactly the same with a different looking one inbetween them, which makes me think it might be part to do with the strain?

post-18426-1227856674_thumb.jpg

post-18426-1227856767_thumb.jpg

post-18426-1227856873_thumb.jpg

Heres the red wool bandit, just for chato :) Hopefully its a she because its my best plant by a long way.

post-18426-1227857367_thumb.jpg

Needed a warm spot for the new set of cuttings I took yesterday, this spot worked so well for germinating the seeds I thought its worth a try.

post-18426-1227872116_thumb.jpg

Edited...Thanks frazza yeah I'll give the 2 weirdos the chop, will have a couple of cuttings to take thier place soon I hope, ive also taken cutting off the weirdos and am going to give them as much sun and TLC as i can. Just to see if it makes much differnce as those 2 were really neglected up until now.

Edited by Thylacine

Hey all, just a few new photo's to add

post-18426-1228142508_thumb.jpg Replaced the red wool with chickenwire today, trimmed a few of the big shadeleaves that were getting in the way. Its a bit hard to tell but its tied right over, the stem is on about a 35degree angle.

post-18426-1228141053_thumb.jpg Heres the sun starved runts in the corner of the yard, thats the only direct sunlight they get as ya can see the little one on the left gets no direct light, its just one little bud B)

post-18426-1228141174_thumb.jpg These ones are a bit sun starved as well, but not as much as the others. They are slowly coming along. They got a bit of nutrient burn I think from a strong dose of nitrosol but they are getting better.

post-18426-1228141269_thumb.jpg

post-18426-1228141383_thumb.jpg Heres the one that was between the 3 weird ones from the last post, I pulled them a couple of days ago. This one is kinda distinctive looking, the only one with those shaped leaves.

post-18426-1228141588_thumb.jpgHeres the one that was in the pot, its actually survived better than I thought, just starting to get its first couple of hairs on the crown, bit early but its better than nothing...it could well be dead now the way i mangled its roots taking it out of the odd shaped ceramic pot. Its other problem is the soil there has real bad drainage which I didnt discover untill I put it there.

post-18426-1228141657_thumb.jpg I started to see a tiny bit of new growth on these first set of cuttings I took, so I re-potted them. I wasnt game to remove all the dirt to get a look for the root growth[worried about wrecking them] but they must be starting because by the end of the day they had stopped drooping, even the one closest to the camera which took a bit longer than the rest to perk up again.

post-18426-1228141792_thumb.jpg And finally, heres the next lot. New set of cuttings 5 days old[26 total from 11 different plants] And of course the seedlings, the containers that held multiple seedlings I moved them into individual pots. Glad I did it too because for such small seedlings they had a tap root about 4inches long!

Thats it for now :ph34r:

ps: I should point out for any lurkers that I dont expect all those seedlings and cuttings to survive...if 1/4 of them grow to maturity I'll be more than happy. Also the grow is for my personal use and my first grow in around 11years...Im fed up with giving dealers all my spare cash. Im trying to grow enough over summer to last me 12months or more. If I were in a US medical cannabis state I'd be eligible for a prescription in a heartbeat[ My neurosurgeon would make sure of it]

So basicly leave me the fuck alone, if it wernt for ganja I'd be prescribed a whole host of medications for pain relief due to spinal chord trauma.

Edited by Thylacine

Gday again, time for some updated photos on Ozstoners most southern bagseed badboys...hehe

In the same kind of order as the last post, here they are...

post-18426-1229241230_thumb.jpg post-18426-1229241367_thumb.jpg The red wool bandit is goin well, the undergrowth is starting to sprout up a bit lately. Second pic is one for the ganja benders out there check out the twist on that baby!, the stem at ground level is bout 1 and half inches across...shes a mini trunk B)

post-18426-1229241530_thumb.jpgpost-18426-1229242217_thumb.jpg Next is the 2 sun starved ones, I pulled the little budder that was on the left. More than half the hairs had gone red/orange and it just wasnt thickening up anymore. Its not great smoke but its not bad or horrible tasting or anything. Mixed with some nice stuff its a nice vape mix. And decided to screen these ones as well today At the rate they were shooting up the back one would have cleared the fence soon enough.

post-18426-1229242667_thumb.jpg post-18426-1229242934_thumb.jpg Its scrog central round here!!! Im finding screening them up helps alot with the wind as well, they were getting bashed against the shed and fence alot before, the bloody wind really funnels along there and hits the shed and the poor plants were doing thier best peter garret dancing impression :/ :D These 2 have had a real growth spurt the last week and after I took these photos I tucked all the tips that were reaching up back under and spread them out some more .

post-18426-1229243239_thumb.jpg post-18426-1229243287_thumb.jpg Next up is the strange lookin one, most of the fan leaves only have 3 "prongs"...fingers...whatever ya call them. The second pic shows what I mean, 4 different plants there... Any idea whats up with the 3pronger? another genetic mutant? its strange because all 4 of the plants that were in that spot turned out weird.

post-18426-1229243771_thumb.jpgThis is the re-potted one and its come back to life ok, looks much greener and like all the plants has had a growth spurt recently the tomato plants there have a bit of catching up to do!

Last but not least is the seedlings, geez ive ended up with a good strike rate starting them in pots...normally I'd expect to lose a few to snails...the dog...the cat...birds... :/ But I came up with a plan, one of my seedling houses zippers had shit itself so it couldnt be sealed up properly and I was getting sick of moving them all around chasing the sun around the house when I can....enter the hottrolley ;) post-18426-1229244445_thumb.jpg ..transformers..more than meets the eye... post-18426-1229244561_thumb.jpg..:D.. It works a treat, few cables ties here n there and I park it against the wall there at night which kind of blocks the bottom off a bit. Once I stopped watering them so much and started chasing the sun when im home they have looked really healthy.

Im starting to think growing the bloody things is the only addictive part of them! :) :/ I really cant wait till they are ready, to be self sufficient will be just awesome...I might be able to afford petrol again...;)

Anyhow, thanks for reading and hope yas like the photos. Hopefully someone else is learning along the way with me! I will point out again this is for my own personal use only...I wouldnt be a dealer if ya payed me..;) what a prick of a lifestyle that must be, im too much of a hermit and like my peace and quiet to much.

cheers till next time

Edited by Thylacine

If ya cant beat em....

Thought I had better follow through with it, so heres some new pics :haha:

post-18426-1232287473_thumb.jpg The 2 next to the shed, the one on the left started flowering a week or so ago.

post-18426-1232287550_thumb.jpg The red wool bandit in her new home[the wall is 2.3m wide].

post-18426-1232288125_thumb.jpg post-18426-1232288558_thumb.jpg The cuttings in buckets and a couple of seedlings in the 200mm pots, Bit of an experiment with different amounts of dynamic lifter pellets mixed into the bottom 3rd of the buckets[some with none] pea straw and sugarcane mulch on top.

post-18426-1232288731_thumb.jpg post-18426-1232289206_thumb.jpg This one is interesting, its just a bagseedling but its growth has been way behind all the others[about 1/4 the size] but its allways been very healthy looking and the leaves feel different. They are thicker and "fleshy" for a lack of a better word. They feel soft n fleshy and the same with the stem. No idea what any of that means other than if it flowers ok then it will be the perfect short arse strain for me as im trying to find a nice short bushy strain out of the bagseed, something i can start a mom with and keep under cfl's over winter.

And lastly, heres some of their new home for the ferals in chat :freak:

post-18426-1232289461_thumb.jpg post-18426-1232289623_thumb.jpg post-18426-1232289691_thumb.jpg 3 x 2.3m, came as a flat pack and I attacked it with a grinder and fitted the lazerlight sheets. $900 delivered[approx $70 for the lazerlight n fixings]. A similar sized hothouse kit was $2800.....works for me :blink: Got a rainbow lorrikeet that can go in once the grow season is done, then kick her out again next season!!

cheers for now