Restoring the Balance - (title of an old triple J program)

Bufo prehaps you could offer a more inciteful interpretation - good constructive argument you present (PS dont get angry at this im just being a smart arse - chill if u dont care then never mind)

hmmm well apart from the mountain of studies/reports from bloggers all over the globe that are steadily accumulating showing exactly how toxic weed isn't (I'm not going to do your homework though, you find the links, after all your on a quest for the truth :pimp: ) I could only expand further and say that from personal life experience, girlfriends make poor bed partners when it comes to logical discussion regarding your drug taking or should I say your now dwindling drug intake :whistle: Also, a degree or diploma is only the start of a life of learning, do you think you know it all once you leave uni? Also, why would anyone be angry at someones education? Bitchy, bitchy, bitchy :D

Alcohol when enjoyed like most mature people doesnt really effect you at all.

Did your girlfriend tell you that or did you dream that up? :unsure: are you serious?

I think you need to better back up your argument because you have nothing except opinion biased by mum/dad/girlfriend/idiot advisors etc

PS, I would never get angry at your ability to be a smart arse either

Bong on! :xcited:

Doh!!...heh yeah mate I knew what ya meant, I was just being an arsehole :whistle:

Hey I like a shit stirring as much as the next bloke, thats all I see it as, well at least I doubt you could be serious...

I dont think anyone reasonable would suggest that cannabis is harmless for everyone in all cases....thats just bullshit. Everythign has to be in moderation for a start then theres people that cant handle it....just like some cant handle whiskey/red wine or the pressure of their jobs, responsabilitys... ect ect [ I turn into an absolute cunt if I drink whiskey, beer im ok just loud and obnoxious]

Just be aware that just because a study has restricted the release of its findings doesnt give it more credability than one thats made public. I could argue that its just a way to profit, its a sound premise....the more it costs the better it is....right....

If theres a few people who gloss over the chance of abuse and I agree its not harmless if abused[much like chocolate,steak, mung beans ect] Then I think its in part because we are coming off the back of 100 years of prejudice against cannabis users.

My grandmother would be a good example, lovely woman but in her eyes someone who uses weed is no different to the junkie who just bashed some old woman for her handbag so they could shoot up some herion! Their whole generation were fed so much rotten bullshit its scary and alot of it has stuck. But of course they all drank/drink beer.....and lots of it...everyday...

Nothing against your GF but im gonna suggest in 10-15years time she may have a different set of views on the matter. Im guessing your both young[under 25] Ive seen peoples views change over the years including my own.

Out of respect I wont say what I think of psychology in general, for all I know your GF might be perfectly sane :xcited:

I like this thread, it should give many of us the oppurtunity to re-udacate and not re-act

just remember there are 166 million of us world wide danoz and some are more passionate than others, but it will take more than a couple of so called scientists with vested interests to persuade that many people they are wrong.

Reference. http://www.unodc.org/unodc/en/data-and-ana...s/WDR-2008.html

Curiously though the beckley foundation reports 2 known deaths to cannabis (total all time known to man!) has anyone got confirmed info on this? A damn tragedy cannabis 2 prohibition 345355368 (est guess)

another bit of research for you to conduct danoz is to go and get run down by a drink driver and then find all modern medication has negative results and side affects and that the one thing that does help your not allowed to have. Then support current legislation.

" Still im not convinced. The alcohol problems you all so predictibly brought up are problems associated with being really pissed."

Pretty big assumption Danoz. I can have one stubbie and there is a chemical in the beer that makes me want to fight anyone and everyone. I can drink bourbon all night and be ok. I can have a joint before I drink a stubbie and I will be fine and mellow. So if it happens to me there is no reason it wouldn't happen to other people. Only those other ppl don't know what happens. I have lived through two generations of alcoholism in my family. Very violent times.

I would have loved to have seen my grandfather, great uncle and two uncles have a joint instead of a beer. In the end it is having control over what you are consuming and not letting it have control over you. Whatever the drug.

good points enthofarm

I reckon 166mil is conservative estimate, there are people who just wont admit to using it...for various reasons. Just take the metro yuppys....they would sooner admit they have used extacy/ice/coke/speed bla bla than smoking weed......you know, only bogans/rednecks smoke pot...

Then theres the people who hold positions of power and responsabilty....doctors, judges, pollys, teachers ect ect...they will never admit to using it for vastly different reasons, you could argue more suspect reasons[ie they know better]

In reguards to the 2 deaths I had only heard about 1 and that wasnt the actual plant matter, it was that marinol stuff they have in the US[in its early days I think] I cant remember where I saw it but they were trying to define the toxicty of weed, like alcohol is 1/11[1 being the amount to get intoxicated and 11 times that amount being fatal] And they basicly couldnt put a figure on cannabis....because its just not toxic. But then Ive read somewhere else where they did try and put a figure on what would constitute a fatal amount....dont quote me on this but 1400LBs in 15mins I think is what they said, im not sure if thats just a smart arse way of saying its impossible to overdose by normal delivery methods[smoking/eating/vaporizing]

hey RATM said it best.........fuck you I wont do what ya tell me......[repeat]...

woohooo this thread is a winnah!

hey Brick, that sounds familiar ....I used to be the same, one person looks at you the wrong way and its on and thats on beer...whiskey is just scary...i'd be dead or locked up if I had kept on drinking that stuff, without doubt.

Not saying in moderation whiskey is bad, its not im just saying that it effects everyone differently. for me moderation is hard to stick to with the stuff, ya have a few...they start going down like lolly water and the next thing your 8ft tall and bulletproof :whistle:

man, all this typing....ima firing up the vape then have dinner :xcited:

Still im not convinced. The alcohol problems you all so predictibly brought up are problems associated with being really pissed.

I put forward the argument a person can die from drinking too much in a single sitting. sure one could argue that you're correct in saying that its just a result of being really pissed, but how you can be convinced alcohol is any safer than cannabis when the fact is im right in saying alcohol poising can be lethal and can be achieved in a single sitting when there has been no recorded deaths from cannabis consumption regardless of how much has been consumed and over any given period of time is beyond me. its denyability or ignorance, you can decide which one fits best...

and just so you know the lethal dose of cannabis being 1500 pounds to be consumed within 15 minutes is nothing more than an estimation. no scientist has ever had a normal test subject overdose as a result of consuming cannabis regardless of the insane levels of cannabiniods they pumped into them...cannabis might trigger mental illness in people that were already genetically prone to getting those conditions, but the drug itself can never kill a person and the same cannot be said of any other drug on the planet :whistle:

for the record i admit that im biased towards seeing cannabis in a favourable light, but it hasnt come without many years of personal experience smoking and growing the plant as well as keeping upto date on both sides of the argument...the same cant be said of you :xcited:

It all boils down to big government, infiltrating all aspects of peoples lives.

You seem to avoid my "spice rack" analogy, as its simple enough to shoot down your strawman arguement.

But I'll expand.

Big Government is a bad thing. Why? Because it just likes getting bigger!

1) Too much UV from the Sun may be harmful to your health, just wait for it, they'll make slip slop slappin your kids mandatory.

2) Eating too much may be harmful to your health, therefore they'll be more than happy to provide you with rations.

3) Walking outside can be harmful, what the hell, just stay fucking home, its now enforceable by LAW.

3) Too much freedom of speech is harmful to your health, so shut the fuck up, you don't know what your talking about anyhow.

Do I need to continue here? If you don't get it now, you wont get it, ever. Blindly be compliant to "We who know better!" Big Brother and the world will grind to a fucking halt because we all to shit scared to move anymore without pre-approval from the fake and artificial, now too big and too stupid, insane establishment.

This is what it all boils down to.

Anecdotal evidence:

Thousands of years of evolution of the human species? oh but fuck that ay? The natural order hasn't got a clue, lets replace it with our tyrannical artificial order instead shall we?

We are born with intelligence and an innate ability to UNDERSTAND THE WORLD WE LIVE IN and importantly, understand OUR LIMITS.

But that's all wiped clean from young and impressionable minds, now that's fucking harmful perhaps even abusive.

The brains of people are then washed with a simple ideology;

"We are the only authorized sources of information, no need to think for yourself - Trust us!"

Sorry for all the fucks but people need to wake the fuck up fast, but I'm not betting on it.

These discussion have been going on for years, and I can damn well tell its coming straight from

apologist to the rule of the established order.

Faceless.

Yeah thats the impression I got from it, the 1400LB thing was jsut a guess, its like doing it just for arguments sake. They have pumped rats n stuff so full of the active substances in weed that they should trun green!!

I think they only way to OD on cannabis would be to turn it into hash oil and drink gallons n gallons of it. I doubt it will be very good for you but for different reasons than alcohol and opiates. Much like drinking too much water can kill you.

Hey WDC, well said.....you old man you!!.....dont get too ahead of yaself ol boy....I know blokes you have been choofing since before I was born and ya never stop learning......20 is just the start mate, at least your headin in the right direction. I bet you have older friends, I allways did at your age....I found them alot more easy going, I never did suffer from the paranoia thing like some of my mates[drama queens :whistle:] my point is we sound alike, only my first day of work would be about your first day of school...heh...in short, we both have a ways to go yet :xcited: