The End of Oz Stoners?

Further proof politicians are just squares, brainwashed by the own policies they've enforced.

I can't think of anything worse than the government filtering out content so i only have access to what THEY want me to read.

I can only imagine the next generation of politicians which would have been brought up without the knowledge on such issues which were banned by this filter.

There are already existing internet filters on the market, what a waste. Are they unaware? Of course not.

Send in those letters m8's, but remember you'll get further with a big stick and a kind word than just a big stick...or a kind word. ;-)

Pollies have to deal with abusive shit all the time. There is a sample letter on the site that I linked to that you can use of you like.

Cheers

Kids must be protected from seeing people fucking, but watching them die on the televised News service has always been OK.

Shades of Marlon Brando/Apocalypse Now there Al.

'They make us drop bombs on women and children but they won't let us write FUCK on the sides of our airplanes because it is immoral'

... and just the mention of The Family First Party makes me grind my teeth :bongon: it makes sense their name popped up in this thread.

Hey brick50 fuck the muskets, check this guy out. When you need to make a point,... use a bulldozer! lol

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=PZbG9i1oGPA

I wonder if that footage will be banned? lol I'm guessing running over an entire town in your bulldozer would not be legal in most states lol I bet he was smoking pot too! lol

:bongon: This is bloody ridiculous this country has freedom of infomation! lol

The Goverment already supply a free internet fiter called Interguard. Its free to download to any computer anywhere.

I have it on my computer,i get onto sites like this one after entering a password.

The goverment must be stopped lol It should be our right to look at whatever we want to.

What! the goverment expect us to go out and spend thousands on a new computer....then more expence on connect to an

internet provider....start surfing the internet and find out you cant access a shitload of sites. what a waste of money you have just spent.

They do need to combat terrorism but not by cutting the freedom of info every australin ctizen has the right to!

lol lol lol

Isn't this a blatant deprivation of freedom?

More like freedom FROM information than freedom OF information . . . did I fall asleep and wake up in bloody China? :bongon:

I'll be emailing every political bar steward to tell them they must be insane to think that they will get away with telling 21 million Australians what sites they can and cannot visit on the WORLD WIDE WEB . . . 10,000 out of every million sites would be blocked 'by accident'? Do they seriously think Australians will put up with such inanity, oh, but then they are used to that, they ARE public servants, none of whom can seemingly successfully organise a pissup in a brewery . . . lol . . . be interesting to see how well this attempt at filtering goes down . . . I don't see it happening, it's taking AWAY our right to personal choice and personal freedom OF information . . . and that's bloody un-Australian!

Ok first of all lets all calm down abit lol

firstly oz stoners is a US based site thus the .com not .com.au so we are covered by freedom of speech act

with that said you can now see that the site cant be shut down unless there is proof of illegal activity and hence the site rules

now with that out of the way if the aust goverment is to push this through a simple proxy server program will get you anywhere you wanna go

so again before we all run off and make a huge mark by writing heaps of emails to this issue and ending up putting more heat onto the site, Lets all take a deep breath and chill out as i dont see it effecting us much at all

cheerz :bongon: