The Backyard Garden and kids

Guest weekprik

Hey, an no need to get those American Pit Bulls.. especially if ya got kids.. they'll think it's a game to rip ya little ones apart bone by bone

My dog is not a pitbull, He is a purebred Staffordshire terrier, but was a throw back because of his size, he was double the size of his brothers and sisters,

He is great around my kids,

as all staffies are.

Hey, an no need to get those American Pit Bulls.. especially if ya got kids.. they'll think it's a game to rip ya little ones apart bone by bone

You've obviously never seen, let alone owned a bully of any sort. I've never met an agro one yet, and I've met huge pitbulls which were sookier than the avg cat. It's more the guy who owns the animal, than the animal itself. There's no better babysitter than a bully, full stop.

Here's the best security system on the planet... lol lol

post-33-1057540809_thumb.jpg

Guest Urbanhog
I do however have Beehives in my backyard.. i was thinking of rigging up a trip system that pisses the bees right off.

lol that sounds a funny system, but good idea hehe

Urbie lol

yeah, I reckon i could corner the market with the beehive trip system.

I just have to work out a way of pissing them right off.

I could probably rig one up with an electric lawnmower and a couple of house bricks. cause bees hate it when dirt is digged/disturbed and a brick dropping on the roof of the hive would get the gaurd bees motivated.

But it would be expensive.

Bees also hate people dressed in dark clothing more, because it reminds them of bears.

regards

Kash

hey i hate arseholes who rip off other peoples grow

i have 2 staffies on guard

my dogs have grown up with my grand daughter for like 6 years and just love each other

i have never beed ripped off but my son admitted to me when he was 14 or 15 him and his mate used to take a few buds to smoke.

i didnt think he knew they were growing, who was i kidding.!

tom- i like you security system, my mate had 3 shepherds and he never got ripped off.

i like the idea up a tree although watering might be a problem

keeping plants shorter and bushier amongst other shrubs etc has always worked for me

I used to have a great dog for all this kinda stuff. We lived remotely, and had a 1/4 mile long driveway. The entrance to the driveway was on a corner. if I heard a car slow down for the corner, I couldn't tell if they were just gearing down and on their way, or if they were altering course into our driveway. But the instant they slowed down, I looked at Ned, and he'd be straight onto any car that was into the driveway, a quarter mile away and unseen. Amazing stuff.

He slept under me, werever I moved in the lowset home. He was 65kg bull mastif cross, and would sense what room I was in, and drag himself under the house in the dirt to be near me as I setled from room to room. In the end I couldn't let him do that anymore.

He would stand and put his front paws on my shoulders and look me squarely in the eyes.

A few times dealers came out to the house un-invited, and for all their tough guy attitudes, none of them would even wind down their windows until I held him firmly.

Incredibly smart, he was easy to teach anything to, and never showed an ounce of agression to any of my 5 kids. But if you didn't belong to the house, hell, he used to frighten me if he actually got hold of someone.

Man I miss him. I had no idea you could get so attatched to an animal.

cheers

rob

PS. I noticed before that someone was mentioning their plants often get eaten down by wallabies. I've posted this here before, but a thing that worked well for me was to get good meat bones. We used to kill our own beef, but you can buy bones from the butcher's. I'd tie them all around the grow with wire, and this would attract all the dingos for miles. They eventually set up permanent camp around the grow, and year in and out, I had my own gaurd dogs out in the bush. no wallaby would come withing sniffing distance of that patch. Of course this only works if u have wild dogs in the area. I replenished the bones whenever I saw the bones weren't tasty anymore, and whenever we killed another steer. never take any away, the more the merrier.

In the first place I had wallaby problems, in the end, I didn't use fences or any such thing, just the bones. never had another plant eaten again.

cheers

post-33-1057757779_thumb.jpg

Edited by RobbieGanjaSeed