Cleaning Your Bong

Guest Urbanhog

I have said this before, I am still sticking to my trusty home brew kits cleaner (not sterilzer).... all you need is teaspoon into a blocked bong, fill with hot water, and leave overnight, rinse it out, its sparkling clean and its better than using these harsh chemicals like bleach, etc etc because they are not designed for using on products that is consumed by humans, but the home brew kit cleaner is designed on products consumed for humans so I personally feel this is a lot safer than using desolvit, 'Big Kevs' cleaning products, etc etc :P

Guess everyone is different, if it works on you, it works! :P

Cheers, and happy cleaning my fellow bong cleaners :P

Urbanhog http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/sp/chefico.gif

Salt and metho is the only way to go for glass bongs, I've used all the eucalyptus crap, it doesn't work, makes your bong smell nice though,

The salt is the key as it knocks the chunks of resin off. Your bong, will look better than new. Just wash it out with heaps of water when your finished.

I use raw sugar instead of salt, white and brown sugar are no good, but raw sugar and coffee sugar, demorra I think its called are good. A friend uses sea salt cos its big and chunky and has abrasive edges.

Basically a crystal with an edge in the metho scrapes all the crap off perfectly.

all we ever use to clean the inside of a glass bong is washing powder(clothes).Strong stuff.

Sprinkle some inside, get hot water in there and twirl around for 2- 4 minutes.

Though be careful cause bong becomes very slippery if its not dry on the outside.

lok

Ahh my favourite subject, bongology.....Well, my fave way to clean a bong is just to flush it out with warm water and (yes) eucalypt oil...but then I also rinse it with cold water and a bit (few drops) of vanilla essence to mask up any of the eucalypt taste that may still reside....This is so I can use the bong as soon as I've cleaned it.....and as for how often one must clean the bong...well, when your bong is as black as Wesley Snipes; I think that's about time :D

Guest weekprik

I forgot about my bong and found it the other day EWWWWW, it was full of mushroom fungus shit :D,

can I clean this out or should i chuck the bong, which is ceramic,

Also I often use spirits instead of water to make the weed taste awesome eg drambuie or Jack daniels,

am i weird and does this destroy the smoke?? it doesnt seem too.

put some metho in ya bong let it sit for a while, pour in some uncooked rice, shake an pour out, make sure u rinse under water, the metho leaves no residue, an ya bong will be clean as, i got a ceramic, it get all resin off, even off the outside off the stem, it works great,

Guest Urbanhog
I forgot about my bong and found it the other day EWWWWW, it was full of mushroom fungus shit :D,

can I clean this out or should i chuck the bong, which is ceramic,

Also I often use spirits instead of water to make the weed taste awesome eg drambuie or Jack daniels,

am i weird and does this destroy the smoke?? it doesnt seem too.

I would soak the fungus bong in some bleach or home brew kit mixture for couple of days and maybe do it twice and rinse well, as some fungus can be damaging to health, otherwise if its a cheap bong and can afford buy other one, oh well why not? If you are lazy like me :P

If you are using spirits instead of water in bong chamber that holds the water? I think its a stupid idea because the alchoal in the spirits can absorb some of the THC filtered thru the spirits before it enter your lungs because THC is also alchoal soluble as it's oil/fats soluble. So you might be wasting some good THC from the buds in some cases.

But... of course it tastes smooth and better in some cases, but you might losing some THC and other cannabinol's. This is often reported in many other cannabis forums and information sites.

I really can't confirm this 110% but its what I have always believed because I have been cooking with cannabis for years and I always know that THC is both fat/oil and alchoal soluble.

Cheers, Urbanhog :P