Cleaning Your Bong

SIMPLE GREEN!!!

I own a glass bong & to clean it I just simply put about a capfull of "Simple Green" in the bong, add some hot water, then shake it around a bit & also let it settle for a few minutes. Doing this will give you a sprakling brand new looking bong everytime :rolleyes:

By the way, Simple Green is a non-toxic all purpose cleaner which can be bought from heaps of shops (eg. Kmart, Safeway, etc)

Guest Urbanhog

This isn't "environmental friendly" way of cleaning bongs but its a great lazy way, just discovered other day......

Other Day, I was cleaning up my home brew beer kits, and I was cleaning with Sodium Metasilicate which is commonly known as "Brewers Detergent", mind you fellow stoners, please dont get confused with Sodium Metadisulphite which is also commonly known as "Brewer's Sterilizer" ....... :P

And I was surprised how well this stuff Sodium Metasilicate really cleaned the home brew kits.... so that got me to have a go, and see what happened if I used a teaspoon of Sodium Metasilicate inside my glass bong and filled up with boiling hot water and let it soak for 1-2 hours... wow! this stuff really "ate" the tar in the bong chamber... I just shaked a bit, and it cleaned off .... :blink:

Then I just rised off with boiling hot water.... now its nice'n'sparkling glossy!

Becareful with Sodium Metasilicate powder, it's strongly alkaline.....

It's bloodly cheap it costed me between $4-$6 for 500 grams and I can image if you just used this just for cleaning bongs it will easily last you over a year, only need a teaspoon, or two for really filthy dirty bongs that it's long overdue for cleaning ::):

Sodium Metasilicate can be brought at your local home brewers shop or in the home brew section in SOME of your location supermarkets.

Just thought should share about this with ya guys....

Urbanhog http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/sp/chefico.gif

Guest bacchus
I use methylated spirits, a satay stick and a bong brush too.....works great, but you've got to let the bong dry COMPLETELY afterwards, otherwise you will get residue and ya bongs will taste like metho  :blink:

If you let it dry completely, all the metho will evaporate away and you won't get a nasty aftertaste.

i use the same method as bb with glass bongs....but instead of using a bong brush, i throw in a bit of rice with the metho and cover all the openings and shake it for a bit....comes up sparkling, no scrubbing required......a good rinse with hot water and let it dry and you are away...

I use methylated spirits, a satay stick and a bong brush too.....works great, but you've got to let the bong dry COMPLETELY afterwards, otherwise you will get residue and ya bongs will taste like metho  :blink:

If you let it dry completely, all the metho will evaporate away and you won't get a nasty aftertaste.

i use the same method as bb with glass bongs....but instead of using a bong brush, i throw in a bit of rice with the metho and cover all the openings and shake it for a bit....comes up sparkling, no scrubbing required......a good rinse with hot water and let it dry and you are away...

rice!

great idea! thanks bacchus :)