• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
Barneys Farm Cannabis Seeds
Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment

Photo

Cleaning Your Bong

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

BlackBeauty

BlackBeauty

BB

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 Posts:
  • Interests:Vaping the Volcano, Fitness, Music, Wining and Dining, Travel, Philosophy, Buddhism, NLP, Podcasts, Muay Thai, Systema, Psychedelics
  • Cannabis Use:Recreational
  • Fav. Heads:"Hydroponic"
  • Fav. Lighting: none
I use methylated spirits, a satay stick and a bong brush too.....works great, but you've got to let the bong dry COMPLETELY afterwards, otherwise you will get residue and ya bongs will taste like metho lol

If you let it dry completely, all the metho will evaporate away and you won't get a nasty aftertaste.

Say thanks with some bits:  bc1q2u6zm8fvmf9n6zv0kdtq0gsvhjfhdcysfss94j  (BTC Only)

Anarchitect

Anarchitect

Planted

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 Posts:
Rubbing alcohol with salt works a treat in warm water.

BlackBeauty

BlackBeauty

BB

• Members
  • 1210 Posts:
  • Interests:Vaping the Volcano, Fitness, Music, Wining and Dining, Travel, Philosophy, Buddhism, NLP, Podcasts, Muay Thai, Systema, Psychedelics
@Anarchitect: do you use that as a soak or use a brush with it?

SiR-SmOkE-A-LoT

SiR-SmOkE-A-LoT

Planted

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 Posts:
SIMPLE GREEN!!!

I own a glass bong & to clean it I just simply put about a capfull of "Simple Green" in the bong, add some hot water, then shake it around a bit & also let it settle for a few minutes. Doing this will give you a sprakling brand new looking bong everytime :rolleyes:

By the way, Simple Green is a non-toxic all purpose cleaner which can be bought from heaps of shops (eg. Kmart, Safeway, etc)

BlackBeauty

BlackBeauty

BB

• Members
  • 1210 Posts:
Thanks for the recommendation SiR-SmOkE-A-LoT, happened to find it on Danoz Direct too! :

http://www.danozdirect.com.au/?cid=72|...tem=60&mitem=61

But, I might go try just a bottle from Kmart this weekend....

(Guest) Urbanhog

(Guest) Urbanhog
  • Guests
This isn't "environmental friendly" way of cleaning bongs but its a great lazy way, just discovered other day......

Other Day, I was cleaning up my home brew beer kits, and I was cleaning with Sodium Metasilicate which is commonly known as "Brewers Detergent", mind you fellow stoners, please dont get confused with Sodium Metadisulphite which is also commonly known as "Brewer's Sterilizer" ....... :P

And I was surprised how well this stuff Sodium Metasilicate really cleaned the home brew kits.... so that got me to have a go, and see what happened if I used a teaspoon of Sodium Metasilicate inside my glass bong and filled up with boiling hot water and let it soak for 1-2 hours... wow! this stuff really "ate" the tar in the bong chamber... I just shaked a bit, and it cleaned off .... :blink:

Then I just rised off with boiling hot water.... now its nice'n'sparkling glossy!

Becareful with Sodium Metasilicate powder, it's strongly alkaline.....

It's bloodly cheap it costed me between $4-$6 for 500 grams and I can image if you just used this just for cleaning bongs it will easily last you over a year, only need a teaspoon, or two for really filthy dirty bongs that it's long overdue for cleaning ::):

Sodium Metasilicate can be brought at your local home brewers shop or in the home brew section in SOME of your location supermarkets.

Just thought should share about this with ya guys....

Urbanhog Posted Image

(Guest) bacchus

(Guest) bacchus
  • Guests

I use methylated spirits, a satay stick and a bong brush too.....works great, but you've got to let the bong dry COMPLETELY afterwards, otherwise you will get residue and ya bongs will taste like metho  :blink:

If you let it dry completely, all the metho will evaporate away and you won't get a nasty aftertaste.

i use the same method as bb with glass bongs....but instead of using a bong brush, i throw in a bit of rice with the metho and cover all the openings and shake it for a bit....comes up sparkling, no scrubbing required......a good rinse with hot water and let it dry and you are away...

BlackBeauty

BlackBeauty

BB

• Members
  • 1210 Posts:

I use methylated spirits, a satay stick and a bong brush too.....works great, but you've got to let the bong dry COMPLETELY afterwards, otherwise you will get residue and ya bongs will taste like metho  :blink:

i use the same method as bb with glass bongs....but instead of using a bong brush, i throw in a bit of rice with the metho and cover all the openings and shake it for a bit....comes up sparkling, no scrubbing required......a good rinse with hot water and let it dry and you are away...

rice!

great idea! thanks bacchus :)

(Guest) bacchus

(Guest) bacchus
  • Guests
no problems bb....glad to be of assisstance.....oh, forgot to mention that you may still need to soak the stem after, it's a bit tricky for the rice to get up there....

gotmybuds

gotmybuds

Planted

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 Posts:
I have a ssteel bong with brass fittings. The best and cheapest way I have found is to use dry steel wool. Only a small amount is needed and can be reused until there is nothing of it left. Should work on glass and ceramics. As a bonus the steelwool polishes at the same time

Barneys Farm Cannabis Seeds
Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.