SA bans hydroponic equipment

Does this man alot of people in south Australia will be out of work?????

Closing small bussiness and recking people who do nothing wrong lively hood is just fucked.

Once implemented there it will have to go Australia wide................Man thats alot of ppl out of work and alot of companies going broke....

Sorry any Australian manufactures of lights, fans, filters, pumps ect ect.. ur now out of work........Its not all about our pot on this one...its gona put people on the street and out bussiness.....

Common sense is not called common sense because its common.......

I fear paulshop is right in that the banning of lights etc will spread from state to state.

I believe bongs might have been banned in Qld first and that has spread rapidly through the other states. If your state hasn't fallen in to line yet make the most of it.

SA needs someone with the intestinal fortitude of Don Dunstan. Now there was a man with vision. We have all seen what TD can do with fluro's. Will they ban them as well and fish tank water pumps. Stupidity at it's finest. You can still get MH and HPS from electrical wholesalers as they are used in a wide spectrum of applications. Don't know how many hydro shops in SA but it will put them out of work. Then again take a road trip to Vic and buy your stuff there.

Some one should set up a hydro shop in say Horsham not too far away from the border.

:) I grow salad veggies under lights too. The lights that have pot under them were illegal anyway because of their use. Any spare equipment I have is intended for when I get the time to expand my salad veggies, it's legal. The laws are totaly unenforcible from what I can see other than being able to charge the sellers of the gear if they knew it was for pot.

Peace MongyMan

• Upvote 1

:) I grow salad veggies under lights too. The lights that have pot under them were illegal anyway because of their use. Any spare equipment I have is intended for when I get the time to expand my salad veggies, it's legal. The laws are totaly unenforcible from what I can see other than being able to charge the sellers of the gear if they knew it was for pot.

Peace MongyMan

The hydro shops might survive if they have some sort of set up whereby the buyer of the equipment must sign a disclaimer stating that the equipment is intended for vegetables only. Takes the responsibility off the shop owner.

i was just thinking about this topic and it occured to me that there is a better option for the government. to be fair it would really suck balls for us, but if they introduced 100 point ID checks when making any purchase at a hydro store it would keep the shops in business and pot growers away due to our healthy fear of getting busted.

but if worse comes to worse its already been pointed out that fluro grows are possible and they will never be banned because the importation and manufacture of incandecent globes will stop in australia in 2010 i think it is :)

I rang a large SA hydro shop that advertises on this site and they told me its all bullshit.Nothing has gone through parliament and there's been no change to the criminal code.They also told me that the proposals would be a breech of the free trade laws and could never be enacted!!Its buisness as usual.

I rang a large SA hydro shop that advertises on this site and they told me its all bullshit.Nothing has gone through parliament and there's been no change to the criminal code.They also told me that the proposals would be a breech of the free trade laws and could never be enacted!!Its buisness as usual.

Scare tactics because the gov is losing the battle?