DIY Vaporizer - free, easy and effective

... so does it leave behind a strong scent?

I only vape these days and I'm told that vaping smells to people who didn't partake but it's different and nothing like as obvious as smoke from the same quantity of herb - there's a popcorn-ish smell in the left over plant material after the volatiles like THC have vacated the premises for their new temporary home in your head...but all the dank aromatic terpenes are gone.

I happily use slick technology - too old and clumsy to futz with saucepans and stoves so I use an arizer solo. Cost me about $160 delivered off fleabay but it's super efficient and paid for itself within a few months - I use about half what I used to burn per month. It has a little computer control to keep the extraction temperature steady and there's lots of interesting things you can do with different temperatures which free up different chemicals - hard to control on a stove.

Edited by doctor_nelson

I've done this before when I was camping using a portable gas stove, you can control the temperature with a gas stove much easier. It will get you high and is cheap ineffective. The only difference is you don't get the hit/spin/cough like you do from having a big bong or joint, which I think goes hand in hand with getting high.

Good for someone thats health conscious or can't have bongs lying around the house. 

ha well I was considering buying another vaporizer as I gave my last one away to an old guy who I befriended to score from years ago before I traveled.  I tried various DIY ones but nothing worked well for me unless I wanted to get more serious. Then I read this and gave it a try on my little stainless saucepan but not with a clear lid. I was lucky it had a hole at the top for the little handle at the top. I unscrewed that and was found a small size toilet roll. Chopped the leaf up that I came here looking for an idea what to do with and vala it worked. I'm lucky to have a gas stove too. This is ideal for me as it seems much healthier than some cheap Chinese vaporizers I was considering. Then they usually require you to have plastic tube that does not last long and there are concerns over all the components heating in these vaporizers and the gases they are giving off. This method eliminates most concerns and as I'm pretty broke right now this works out good for the pocket until i could save up for a decent vaporizer. I will pick up a better saucepan with a clear lid on tomorrow...

Edited by TAdams