DIY Vaporizer - free, easy and effective

i too made a home made vaporizer well sort of...:D i got an electric air pump the kind you would use to pump up an air mattress, with put a cone piece in the top where the air sucks in, turned it on and sucked the air coming out the blower hole...hmmm more seems like an electric bong....now that i think about it

Resurrecting this thread as I tried this a while back. It definitely works, but I keep coming back to the J for some reason. Anyone else tried?

I've tried the light bulb one that "sunnycoaststoner" mentioned a few years back and I went on and bought a cheapo "Top Vapor" vaporizer, but that's been in the press for about a year and I'm rollin Js all the time, just feel like the vapo is steeling something from me that I get out of my spliff, The home made bulb 1 was a better hit than the shop bought one I thought but then again I've never taken a further step and used a top of the range vapo, my opinion could change, but I don't know any1 who's got 1 :crybaby: :crybaby:

Back at university I tried to make a couple of vapes, using the same general design. I'd take a glass mayonaise jar, puch/cut/drill a hole in the lid, and mount a soldering iron handle into the lid with the iron pointed inside. The tip of the iron was sawn off and a metal bowl mounted on, with the sawn end of the soldering protruding a bit into the bowl to maximize contact. I usually had to use some sheet metal shim to fit the bowl on the end of the iron. Once this is done, you punch two more holes in the lid and attach inlet and outlet hoses. Then, you find something to mount the whole thing on so that the iron stands vertically, with the jar acting as a class container over it. Unscrew the jar, put in the herb, close the jar again. For temp control you can use a resistometer between the soldering iron and the mains. Once its producing vapor (which is obvious), you grab a hose and inhale.

It worked pretty well, but the main issue was that the iron took a while to heat up, and reloading was a bit of a hassle if you didn't want to wait for the whole thing to cool - the glass jar got hot, so opening it back up was a bit touchy with the iron on. Now that I've seen a Volcano in action, I think that what I was doing was pretty primitive - those things are really A++!

Too bad I didn't take any photos - this was all happening about 13 years ago...

Thanks for the post. I would agree that this is probably an extremely cheap and affordable method for making a vaporizer. I believe that using a  light bulb is an easier and even cheaper method. To make on simply take a screw drive and poke the black ceramic and metal piece out of the screw in part of a light bulb. Once you manage to clean this part of the bulb out, which is actually much easier than it sounds, you will take a little bit of table salt and pour it into the bulb. Swirl the salt around until all of the white on the inside of the bulb is gone. Take a soda bottle cap and make a hole in it. Place a straw in the hole, secure with duct tape, and use the tape so that the cap fits snuggly over the bulb. Place bud and enjoy!