Never seen this before.."bizarre deformations"

G'day...I luv seein this shit...it's soo mysterious...I would suggest taking some clones an keep growin them out to see how things go...you might want to try an see how they go outdoors also...I would keep them just for curiosities sake...I hate throwin away things I can't understand.. :D

I know, some bugs,disease and fungas can carry on from clone to clone...

Also I would suggest thouroughly examining the entire plant...leaves..buds,,stems..roots...soil..seeds...everything to get the lowdown on your freaks..

Try making some seeds as well...this will also help determine the problem...it will be excellent to know if they are viable mj plants or not...especially if they are as vigoourous as you mentioned.

g'day; that looks like mutant to me. is only 1 plant out of all plants that shows the problem, mother and clones.....is genetic fuckup i reckon, keep it alive if possible, it maybe freaky stone too :D

maybe your soil had a bug in it too?

you can get air sucked into clone as you cut it from mother plant, which will do major harm. i recommend watering mother atleast 10 minutes before cutting clones off, you have less chance of air sucking into cut stem then.or cut clone off while branch is under water (tough job).

New Observation: I don’t know what it means, if anything but. . . When you touch the main stalk it feels warm, y’know room temp. When you touch the branches they feel warm. But when you touch any deformed area, that area is cold to the touch. Real cold.

Go figure. It just keeps getting weirder by the day. :D

Peace,

j

Hi there xserrurier, that is one funky pic you posted on the 20th... That looks like just about the strangest bud I've ever seen....

Just chiming in here with another thought I had, what nutrients are you using? And were both strains of plants feeding off the same tank? This may be a genetic disposition to nutrient uptake malfunction.... The Big bud wasn't affected right? And the plants which were affected were of two separate strains? Durga mata and Sensi Star I think was in the original post... Anyway, as to the nutes, it could be a rare micronutrient deficiency, which may not affect the green parts of the plant, but more the stem and fibre production. The pic you showed on the 20th looked like the tips were clear??? I'm only guessing here.... But for 2 strains to produce these effects whilst another in the same room does not is interesting to say the least. Perhaps the big bud is able to cope better with the lack of this particular micro-nute, or maybe it's just really strong.... I'm just throwing this out there....

One more thing and I'll leave you alone... :D One of the best things I've ever seen for getting rid of soil based fungus and other pathogens is a good soak with an h202 dilute solution for about 1/2 an hour, leaving the plant completely submerged in a bucket of the stuff if possible, then drain completely and anything bad for the plants in there will most certainly be dead. The h2o2 aids in oxygenation too, so you win both ways!

Anyway, keep us updated on your progress, and I look forward to seeing the end result of these mutant plants of yours.... Good luck! :P

Well folks, a few days ago, the time arrived for harvest. Even though the plants were weird they still managed to produce what looked like some real nasty buds (mainly, the deformed areas were low on the plant). Ooh boy, sticky and rock f****in' hard! We almost couldn't wait for 'em to be ready.

Yeah. . . You know why they were so hard? Because they were absolutely FILLED from top to bottom with SEEDS! Hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of dark brown/black seeds. For curiosity, we counted [roughly] the seeds in just one top bud. . . well over 200! I haven't seen a plant produce this many seeds even when TRYING to make seeds.

Our plan? We're going to get a metal screen and, working somewhat carefully, crush 27 4-foot plants through it. throw away the sticks and stones and collect the skuff. Hell, I don't even know yet if it's worth smokin'. We'll see.

Our new plants are about sixty days from cloning. We only just transplanted a couple of days ago. So we wait. Hopefully we're done with bizarre deformations for good!

Thanks to all of you for responses.

Peace,

xserrurier

"Cultivez votre jardin." Voltaire

hey,

That is out there for sure... Only thing i've ever seen anything like it was a old timer showing em how to airlayer clone or scarification (when the maristem of plant is scraped really lightly to promote extra root growth... He tried this way but added clone gel to the mix and wrapped it all up.. Within two weeks the plant start to look like that and then stem started to crack apart.... Some said its a folarium deficiency which only visable trait that we can see while growing is when the maristem hardens off and turns pale white colour...

If anyone is interested in cloning on their mums, try putting a small ammount of gel over stem then place some really soft 45 cuts into stem (sorta like what a removed node would be) wrap the area in damp cotton wool (no nutes or gel needed) should start to swell within 2 weeks then place a small ammount of damp soil over the area and rewrap to size of tennis ball or so (stockings are good to hold soil in while on plant)... 2 weeks more and there should be roots emerging

Hi xserrurier! I haven't tried growing indoors before but I have seen 2 things that can cause some deformation that I have seen posted so far..... and they are:

1/ Parasites whether in the medium itself or an air-borne such as a fly etc which plants eggs etc. (I do believe that you guys ruled this one out though.)

2/ Seed treatment like using raw hormones which may explain the vigorous growth and deformation. (This may have been done by the company which supplied them, crook batch like an overdose even). It (and its clones/prodigy) may just be burnt out from growing so quick in the veg phase mate. Over-treated possibly hence: fatal at a young age. NOTE: I have seen deformation similar but nowhere as bizarre as these. Wow! If these were subject to number 2, then they were doomed from the start despite the aggressiveness and promise/potential of its growth, they might just be plain exhausted from the hormonal-stimulants used.

Either way, there isn't much you can do by now. (I read this a little too late and I doubt if there was anything you could really do anyways).

Sorry I couldn't be of much more assistance but the second reason I suggested here was not suggested by anyone else..... Not surprising though as not many people use the type of hormones I am talking about. I have only seen bottles of this stuff with the labels scrubbed off so names of products etc are not available to me but I do know for sure that hormonal treats are sometimes double-edged swords in these instances.

Good luck with the AKs if they are still going!