Never seen this before.."bizarre deformations"

A good friend of me, and an experianced grower who visites me a few times a year from Canada, send me this email with some pics of weed with "bizarre deformations", here's what I got :

Have you seen this before?  What is the cause?  What is the cure?

XXX(*I protect his name if ya don't mind)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.theeboot.nl/images/bizarre01.jpg

http://www.theeboot.nl/images/bizarre02.jpg

I anwered :

I've not seen this before XXX, but I'll ask some other growers here, maybe they know, the leaves seem to look healthy so I doubt that it's a nutes problem, did you grow this strain before? anywayz I'll ask around for ya.

and his answer :

Thanks also for looking into that bizarre branch deformation.  If the pics aren’t clear enough, I can retake them.  To answer your question, no, not that strain.  It is happening to Sensi Star and Durga Mata.  All, everywhere.  Totally weird.

Well, here's where you come in. I really have no clue and neither have the few growers I hang out with, I also don't know these strains.

Has anyone here seen this before?

lol hmmmmm.....

How's the humidity in there? :o I know that the lower trunks on my plants can sometimes develop root "bumps" and callousing because the humidity at the soil level is very high.... Tomatoes can do this too, lay the stem on the soil, or keep spraying the same area, and it can start to develop adventitious roots, like orchids producing aerial roots.... That's just one idea, maybe you've got something like gall disease in fruits....? Not sure about that one..... Any insects invading the grow room? Some of them can have very strange effects on plants, like setting eggs inside stems and the grubs resulting eat their way out, but the trees keep putting more tissue on the damage, and you get large galls on the stems.... Hmmmm, anyone else have any ideas? :o

Do they grow lots of plants??? Oh well does'nt really matter....I reckon it's a MUTANT... uno a freak or sumthin...ok it's happening to more than two...have they been pollenated, are the using any kind of mutagens etc...could be alergic to somthin...could also be from being moved around alot.....they're my guess...only guesses though..

well,..what I understood is they are growing with a lot of other plants from different strains but it's only happening to Sensi Star and Durga Mata (?) :o

well,...I emailed this link to him so I'll expect him to react soon...it IS weird, isn't it. lol

Get him to take some clones to preserve the genes, then move the plants to another grow.... That should tell him whether its a genetic instability, or environmentally caused.... And I still think they look like root bumps IMO. :o Could be a good thing... Super quick to root clones.... What's the bud smoke like, or are they just in veg? lol Oh, and are they seed plants or clones? That could be it too, some mutation during the cloning process..... hmmm, I look forward to discussing this with Mr XXX.... :o

Guest Urbanhog

Since you mentioned "Sensi Star" & "Durga Mata"... know much about their parents/backgrounds? I mean was one of the mutants crossed with either or mother/father of same strain crossed with different strains? Did your "friend" breed the seeds/strain himself or ordered the seeds from the seedbanks?

Or were the plants mildly damaged at early stage? like accientily knocked over, etc? Because once I bumped one of my plants years ago, as I was very wasted, and somehow the damaged stem healed and gotten fatten up a bit, by using bit of support for the weight of the heads. But they didnt look like the pics you supplied, they were fattened up but not deformed.

lol

Urbanhog http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/sp/chefico.gif

Since you mentioned "Sensi Star" & "Durga Mata"... know much about their parents/backgrounds? I mean was one of the mutants crossed with either or mother/father  of same strain crossed with different strains? Did your "friend" breed the seeds/strain himself or ordered the seeds from the seedbanks?

Or were the plants mildly damaged at early stage? like accientily knocked over, etc? Because once I bumped one of my plants years ago, as I was very wasted, and somehow the damaged stem healed and gotten fatten up a bit, by using bit of support for the weight of the heads. But they didnt look like the pics you supplied, they were fattened up but not deformed.

lol

Urbanhog http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/sp/chefico.gif

I really dunno, the last email I got is a few days ago, I emailed this link to him a few hours ago so I can't tell you more either, I'm just as curious as you guys(and girls) :o think we have to wait till we hear something. Have a toke in the meanwhile I'd say. :o

well, to keep ya'll informed, just got reply two minutes ago. lol

Thanks, man.  I checked out the post…  way cool.  I’m registered with the sobriquet “xserrurier.”  I’ll check back there to see any responses.

Once again, I can’t thank you enough for your efforts.

Salut,

XXX

PS – humidity usually runs around 50% – 60%... when the room reaches about 65% the fans and stuff come on and shut off at about 50%.  No bugs (that we know of).    The plants are dying fast.  I give ‘em 30 days, 45 tops.  Basically, it’s called “start over.”

sounds like it's killin' them plants fast. http://www.clubs.nl/ClubsData/67948/incoming/yikes.gif