dissapearing colour

anyones comments on this much appreciated,my little plants are slowly losing their greeness,they are kinda starting to go yellow,they are pale green now,also they dont seem to be growing, would this have something to do with the tempreture in the cupboard?, they are about 2 weeks old and arent really growing, most have one or two "small" leaf sets?? i havent started nutes yet,could it be a bodgy light,when i bought me setup i only got a 2nd hand light,i pick my new globe up tomorrow,and from tomorrow they have been under a 400watter for a week,should there be more action than one leaf set in a week?,over to u guys

umm,could be tom, they are in soil,soil/vermic,soil/kittylitter"remember that one"vermic/kitty,vermic,, i have been watering them differently and after a good water, ive been leaving them BUT have been spraying leaves with a water bottle,, i gotta go to the hydro shop tomorrow,so i might look at buying more media, when i bought my vermic,bunnings only had one little bag,but it has gone further than i thought,should i grab some perlite if hes got it??,,by the way what is perlite like ,i have read u guys use like 70/30,,60/40 mixes of perlite/vermic, what does it do,also the kitty litter i dont think is deoderised i cant smell anything,but im kinda going off it,i think it might turn a little gluggy in the bottom of the pots,,any advice on medias very much appreciated as ill proberly buy some more tomorrow,,and tom,, sorry if my writing style is hard on the stoned eyes,i thought commas would help stoned dudes by putting space between comments,but ill take any advice on board ;)

they are in soil,soil/vermic,soil/kittylitter"

A very wet mix, poor drainage, if you want to grow in soil then you need it to be well drained, some of the soil growers may be able to recommend a good pre-mixed brand or instructions on how to mix your own.

i done the hand under light an feel how hot it is trick,but in centimeteres

The hand "trick" is the most accurate that I have used to date.

http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/ruinkai/coolgleamA.gif http://64.207.13.28/mysmilies/otn/glasses/smokin.gif

um that isnt one mix,,i"m proberly gonna get something else tomorrow, but i dont really wanna repot these babys if i dont have too,when i decideed to experiment with different medias,i couldnt get perlite,nearly every pot has a different mix in it, and none the same, but im thinking ill scrapp the idea an work with something more normal, after all its me first indoors grow,an i dont need problems with media if i can avoid it,and im thinking ill move away from my soil,not because of hassles but i need drainage and when i start to use ferts, i know that they will hang around in the soil for longer,,also tom, with ur style hydro setup,with the run to waste setup, if i put trays under the plants to catch the waste how long before i should empty the trays, should i get rid of it when i finish feeding or is it ok for the pots to sit in it and get some more nutes if they want it,and how long do they feed for? and u know how u got the 25litre at top that runs to a resouvoir,is that where u put the fresh water aswell,or can i just run a nutes mix all the time,cuz i might actually put a bit more effort in and knock up a gravity watersystem/feeding, any tips?

also tom, with ur style hydro setup,with the run to waste setup, if i put trays under the plants to catch the waste how long before i should empty the trays, should i get rid of it when i finish feeding or is it ok for the pots to sit in it and get some more nutes if they want it,and how long do they feed for? and u know how u got the 25litre at top that runs to a resouvoir,is that where u put the fresh water aswell,or can i just run a nutes mix all the time,cuz i might actually put a bit more effort in and knock up a gravity watersystem/feeding, any tips?

I now use 29cm square water well self-watering plant pots ($10.95 at Kmart) and set the digital timer so there is little or no overflow on to the floor, the plants roots will then suck up the "waste" from the well in the bottom of the pot, any waste recovered can be put back through the system at least once. The 25 litre container contains pre-mixed nutrients for topping up the main reservoir, it's easier and more accurate to mix the nutrients in a container than in a partly filled reservoir, I keep a couple of watering cans for flushing, excepting the final flush where it is easier to use the watering system.

Here's a link to my previous gravity fed watering system.

http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/ruinkai/coolgleamA.gif http://64.207.13.28/mysmilies/otn/glasses/smokin.gif

thanks tom, but this morning i went to hydro shop, and bought a small pump,$20 bucks, a bag of perlite/vermic mix$15,and some nutes for when im ready, i ended up buying "head on", this is its analyis

nitrate nitrogen 2.22

ammonium nitrogen 0.19

phosphorus 0.31

potasium 3.00

calcium 1.10

magnesium 0.40

sulphur 0.16

iron 0.06

manganese 0.01

boron 0.003

zinc 0.003

copper 0.001

moloybdenum 0.001

does it sound like it'do the job, its a one part mix for vegging,, then theres another part for budding, i didnt buy that one yet, so with my pump i might set something up with a resovoir, im just not sure if when i get it going how long to run the cycles for, im really getting into this and have decided if im gonna spend money i might as well do it properly, but i still dont wanna pour too much cash into it, but i think im kinda getting the peices together, just one more trip to hard ware store, need some water lines an drippers an timers,,by the way "mitre ten" has some kambrook timers on sale, they are kinda tricky u got push tabs down on the timer but for $9.95 its a nice price,, cheers for advice again tom, overanout