yellowing between veins

hey everybody

i have other strains in my nursery and they are getting the same feeding as the white heaven and my clones but the ch is the only one to show this....i feed em bat shit and grow big every now and then...they are going on 3 weeks old and this showed up beginning last week

post-13210-1206298548_thumb.jpg

post-13210-1206298556_thumb.jpg

post-13210-1206298566_thumb.jpg

post-13210-1206298576_thumb.jpg

bat shit is a bloom frert strictly for buds

dont use it till you change to 12/12 light/dark

just use strictly the grow till then and dont use grow once you change to 12/12

ok

timeing is crucial

do it now

step 1

quarinteen the damaged plants at once

get them out a there

seperate from healthy plants

seen

i would love to see the under side of a effected leafe

could you take some pix please

irey

there usually only 2 tings that cause diss

1 insects

2 nutrient deficiency

check for small insects under the leaf

and try to id them before you squash em ok

magnafieing glass is a must

or take som high resolution pix of the under side of the leaf

and the meri stems

if you have 20/20 vission you should be able to clearly see them

tinny pests with the naked eye

once we esstablish it is not an insect pest

we can then check & treat for nutrient defficientys

irey guidance

Just did a quick search on green mans page. It seems to be a molybdenum deficiency. It says that should be treated with foliar feed with chemical fertilizer containing molybdenum. Hope that's the problem.

If not, I'd say it's a magnesium problem. Easily fixed using any fert. with magnesium in it.

Good luck :thumbsup:

Edited by eexpee

bat shit is a bloom frert strictly for buds

An excellent source of nitrogen and trace elements, Sunleaves Mexican Bat Guano (10-2-1) stimulates vegetation by substantially enhancing leaf growth and overall plant vigor.

this is a veg bat shit as far as i know

i'll take closeups tonight of under leafs but i dont think it's bugs...i'll get back to ya...thanks for the help

its NOT bugs... its PH fluctuation... locking out nutes.. looks like its locking out zinc.. which turns the veins yellow.. also zinc deficiencies usually accompany iron and magnesium.. but this is only early.. and a decent flush to rid the medium of PH hot spots should do the trick.. and if other plants arent showing these signs.. then the ferts are definitely OK

Think SS is probably right but I was halfway through posting before i saw his reply. I thought magnesium?

http://www.marijuanagirls.com/MarijuanaFre...Guide.html#c9_4

This is the second time I've posted this but I had similar problems recently.

Magnesium

Mg deficiencies are fairly common. They frequently occur in Soilless mixtures, since many otherwise all-purpose fertilisers do not contain Mg. Magnesium deficiencies also occur in mixtures that contain very large amounts of Ca or Cl. Symptoms of Mg deficiency occur first on the lower leaves. There is chlorosis of tissue between the veins, which remain green, and starting from the tips the blades die and usually curl upward. Purple colour builds up on stems and petioles.

A plant in a pot may lose much of its colour in a matter of weeks. You may first notice Mg symptoms at the top of the plant. The leaves in the growing shoot are lime-coloured. In extreme cases, all the leaves turn practically white, with green veins. Iron deficiency looks much the same, but a sure indication of Mg deficiency is that a good portion of the leaf blades die and curl. Treat Mg symptoms with one-half teaspoon of epsom salts to each quart of water, and water as usual. The top leaves recover their green colour within four days, and all but the most damaged should recover gradually. Continue to fertilise with epsom salts as needed until the plants are flowering well. If you are using soilless mixtures, include epsom salts regularly with the complete mixture. Because Mg deficiencies may indicate interference from other nutrients, foliar-spray with Mg to check your diagnosis if the plants are not obviously recovering.

Iron

Fe deficiency rarely occurs with indoor mixtures. Iron is naturally plentiful in most soils, and is most likely to be deficient when the soil is very acid or alkaline. Under these conditions, which sometimes occur in moist eastern soil outdoors, the iron becomes insoluble. Remedies include adjusting the Ph before planting; addition of rusty water; or driving a nail into the stem. Commercial Fe preparations are also available. If the soil is acidic, use chelated iron, which is available to the plants under acidic conditions.

Symptoms of iron deficiency are usually distinct. Symptoms appear first on the new growing shoots. The leaves are chlorotic between the veins, which remain dark green and stand out as a green network. To distinguish between Mg and Fe deficiencies, check the lower leaves for symptoms. Iron symptoms are usually most prominent on the growing shoots. Mg deficiencies will also show in the lower leaves. If many of the lower leaves have been spotting or dying, the deficiency is probably Mg. Mg deficiencies are much more common than iron deficiencies in marijuana.

Other Trace Elements

The following deficiencies are quite rare. Trace elements are needed in extremely small amounts, and often enough of them are present as impurities in fertilisers and water to allow normal growth. Many houseplant fertilisers contain trace elements. Trace-element deficiencies are more often caused by an extreme pH than by inadequate quantities in the soil. If a deficiency is suspected, foliar-spray with the trace element to remedy deficiencies. Our experience has been that trace-element deficiencies rarely occur indoors. We advise you not to add trace elements to indoor soils, which usually contain large amounts of trace elements already because of the addition of organic matter and liming compounds. It is easy to create toxic conditions by adding trace elements. Manufacturers also recommend using amounts of trace elements that may be too high for indoor gardens; so use them at about one-fourth of the manufacturer's recommended dose if an addition is found to be necessary.

edit: oops I cut'n'pasted more than i intended. check the link.

Edited by freddie

yeah its usually a combination of a few things going on.. iron, zinc and magnesium... its mainly from ph fluctuations or.. generally a high PH level.. .. locking the nutrients out.. either way the fix it method is the same for all.. just flush.. let the plants have a good drink of clean water, then try lowering.. or raising the PH.. what ever the case maybe.. 6.3 is perfect.. but really between 6-7 should be fine.. just tweak as you see fit..

magnesium and zinc will both cause the yellowing between the veins..iron too.... i think the lower leaves would be magnesium.. and the top leaves probably zinc.. or the other way around.. i forget..:thumbsup:.. magnesium i find in my room gets locked out when the PH goes below the 5.8.. so i try and keep it up above 6.0..

theres a chart some where that shows the PH range of when certain nutrients are available... and from memory.. around the 5.8-6.8.. youre pretty much in the ball park to getting everything available...