Maryjane the Cannabus rolls into town

considering the ozzies claim most of the famous kiwis as 'australian', you can't really blame them.

Split Enz/crowded house, Russell Crowe, Rebecca Gibney, Lisa Chappell, Keith Urban to name a few are kiwis, not australian.

The most famous of all would have to be the racehorse Pharlap. Very kiwi, born, bred and trained but again claimed as an "australian' horse".

I've noticed that if any "australians' are claimed by the kiwis, the ozzies have a right tantrum. Then again, the kiwis don't claim ozzies as their own, they've got too much pride to lower their standards. The main reason kiwis come to oz is for the climate and conditions. 4-10 below zero in the winter in some parts of New Zealand is enough to send anyone packing to warmer climates, regardless of their country of birth.

considering the ozzies claim most of the famous kiwis as 'australian', you can't really blame them.

Split Enz/crowded house, Russell Crowe, Rebecca Gibney, Lisa Chappell, Keith Urban to name a few are kiwis, not australian.

The most famous of all would have to be the racehorse Pharlap. Very kiwi, born, bred and trained but again claimed as an "australian' horse".

I've noticed that if any "australians' are claimed by the kiwis, the ozzies have a right tantrum. Then again, the kiwis don't claim ozzies as their own, they've got too much pride to lower their standards. The main reason kiwis come to oz is for the climate and conditions. 4-10 below zero in the winter in some parts of New Zealand is enough to send anyone packing to warmer climates, regardless of their country of birth.

Main reason Kiwi's come to Oz is to earn a decent living :protest Hey, joking - Kiwi's, Ozzies - all the same in my books. Just wish our poor cousins down Antarctic way could relax and have a joke about being the Irish of the South Pacific. Yeah, while I was in NZ they arrested Russel Crowes cousin. Seems he and some mates were blasting handguns while drunk one night and accidentally killed a few of the neighbours sheep or something. Must run in the family..... :xcited:

just as well kiwis have a good sense of humour then. Used to being bagged by the so called 'superior race' of australians, and the all blacks at least made it to the finals of the world cup-unlike some other teams. But hey, alls fun in love an sports I say.

Makes me wonder why Russell Crowe is claimed as australian, because whenever he does something wrong he's labelled as a kiwi, but australian when he's done something good/worthwhile-like promoting the country for example. Usual story, I guess.

More human than most races though.

:protest :photo:

If you can't laugh at your own countrymen, then there's not much hope left in the world. I just think the rivalry between australia and NZ is pathetic and everyone needs to lighten up, chill out an get wasted. No point in bagging each other, plenty of australians live in NZ and vice versa.

:xcited:

just as well kiwis have a good sense of humour then. Used to being bagged by the so called 'superior race' of australians, and the all blacks at least made it to the finals of the world cup-unlike some other teams. But hey, alls fun in love an sports I say.

Makes me wonder why Russell Crowe is claimed as australian, because whenever he does something wrong he's labelled as a kiwi, but australian when he's done something good/worthwhile-like promoting the country for example. Usual story, I guess.

More human than most races though.

:protest :photo:

If you can't laugh at your own countrymen, then there's not much hope left in the world. I just think the rivalry between australia and NZ is pathetic and everyone needs to lighten up, chill out an get wasted. No point in bagging each other, plenty of australians live in NZ and vice versa.

:xcited:

Flying Hi; I'm down with that. I love kiwi land and love the kiwi's - my point being exactly what you said. If its any consolation I try to blame the Chappel brothers on being kiwi and almost convinced one bloke in a pub there before howls of outrage nearly had me evicted. Damn the Phalap thing though but they can have their Pavlova and eat it too :peace: And yeah, the Ozzies can have a good laugh at themselves - it's something you will notice when travelling abroad. The Ozzies unlike a lot of countries don't tend to take themselves too seriously.

aussies and kiwis love each other. they mightn't say so..but they do..the rivalry between OZ and NZ is a friendly rivalry. like how some people like to make fun of another person in a friendly,bantering kind of way..insults said..but not really meant.

i lived in NZ for a year..its a beautiful country albeit a bit cold for my tastes. ANZAC.'we got ya bac'k kiwis ^_^ ..as you have ours.

we both respect our mother country England..'bloody whinging Poms!!'....

as for Phar Lap...surprised no ones bagged out the yanks for poisoning the horse of horses. :peace:

..and that bloody cannabus..im sure i seen it out back of Burke once...kiwis musta nicked it...tsk tsk B)

us aussies know the kiwis like us...almost as much as they like their sheep :uhhuh:

Don't ya just luv the wooly lil buggers :uhhuh:. Friendly rivalry is good, its the few who take it too far and seriously that gets up my nose.

I think someone did write a snippet about the yanks poisoning Pharlap, but was rubbished by them as bullsh*t. Typical though, can't take responsibility for their actions and blame others :peace:. B)

We gotta bitch about someone other than seppos don't we?

Havin a bitch at the kiwis is soooo old now, it just goes back to the good ole rivalry and having nothing better to do. :D ^_^

And yeah, the Ozzies can have a good laugh at themselves - it's something you will notice when travelling abroad. The Ozzies unlike a lot of countries don't tend to take themselves too seriously.

OMG, the aussies take themselves so seriously...having travelled extensively over the past 10 years, its all we noticed. Never noticed them laughing when they lost the Melbourne cup to another country, lost the Americas cup to NZ or when they bombed in the world cup final, go figure. Must have a strange sense of humour B). B)

NZ was gutted when they lost out to the french too tho, so I guess its each individuals opinion and how loyal they are to their own country as to whether they can laugh at themselves or not.

I'm not bagging the ozzies here-NZ'rs have their own quirks and stuff, just like any country. All fun and debates here B).

:D B) ;)

True - Ozzies do take their sports far too seriously but got to say it Flying Hi, I was in a bar in Thailand with people from all over the globe when the Kiwi's went down to the French in the Union. Jesus, the French were cheering madly and the Kiwi's were right pissed off and a couple of fights broke out. Sports can definitely bring out the worst in us, particularly when alcohol is involved. The thing was though that the Aussies and Kiwi's united - when one of us is playing another country we almost become pseudo citizens of each others country and we always stick together on this front. Ask a few Ozzies and they'll tell you Kiwi land is just another state of Oz (ducks). The kiwi's on the other hand may say Aus is an Island off NZ. Yeah, the Brits are cool too. We're all pretty much the same people and the Ozzie convicts got the last laugh. Now the Brits can't get out of their cold, miserable, overcrowded country and relocate to our surf, sand, warm temperatures and wide open spaces. 200,000 of them live in WA alone. B)

As for Russel Crowe... Let's all agree he's a yank :uhhuh: