Maryjane the Cannabus rolls into town

post-1601-1205803485_thumb.jpg

Dakta Green, the co-ordinator of the 2008 National Cannabus tour, making his point at Puke Ariki yesterday.

Standing beside his green bus, over looking the green of Puke Ariki, "Dakta Green" inhales, smiles and blows a thick cloud of smoke in the air.

"It's very simple," he says. "We wish to legalise cannabis."

Mr Green (aka Ken Morgan) was in New Plymouth yesterday on board "Maryjane the Cannabus" with members of the national organisation for the reform of marijuana laws (Norml).

The group was on a nationwide tour planning to visit 42 towns and cities in 42 days, holding a protest at 4.20pm every day.

"We want to stop people being locked in jail for cannabis offences, we object to them even being called offences!" Mr Green said to the crowd who gathered around the bus, nostrils flared.

"We are Norml people, doing normal things!"

The Cannabus tour comes at a time when the Aotearoa Legalise Cannabis Party is sitting seventh in the most recent Colmar Brunton poll.

With 0.4%, it has more backing than United Future NZ and Jim Anderton's Progressive Party combined.

Mr Green said there had been huge support of the tour from people of every aspect of New Zealand society.

"I've had homeless people, politicians, lawyers, doctors, even reporters smoking in the bus," he said.

It was time this was recognised.

"I'm a grandfather not a criminal," he said. "But I've been in jail and that makes me a criminal."

The protest, which involved a lot of cannabis smoking, has so far been ignored by police. Mr Green said New Zealand's cannabis laws were the result of the United States imposing their laws on the rest of the world.

"In New Zealand we proudly told the United States to take your nukes and shove them," he said.

"It's time to tell them to take your cannabis and shove it up your bong and smoke it!"

The group of happy faces responded with a thrust of their tightly rolled marijuana cigarettes into the air.

The bus will be in Stratford today and Hawera on Wednesday.

Author:HARRIET PALMER

Date:Tuesday, 18 March 2008

Source:Taranaki Daily News

Copyright: © Fairfax New Zealand Limited 2007

Thats a great idea B)

:greedy:

good on him, but i feel sorry for him as well because the further he goes around the country smoking up the more the police are going to be told to do their job. should that happen and there is a single mention on the news about him smoking up in public with the police merely looking on instead of arresting him im 100% sure the following day when he lights up a joint he'll get tasered and then put in the cop shop until his case goes to court B)

I want to drive that bus! Callin NORML tomorrow to let them know I have a CDL and am available.

They had a big rally here in Cali on Sunday to protest the Feds violating state law by busting people. I guess they want to get the attention of the candidates, mainly "insane Mc Cain"... like it's going to do any good....

But hey that's good news Frazzle!

NZ doesn't like the US.... Ask just about any kiwi in NZ what they think about the war on terror and they'll pretty much start bagging Americans in general so US influence there is zero since the Kiwi's told them to jam their nukes in the eighties.

MJ is a totally different thing there to Oz. Almost part of the culture and very much part of their recent history. There seems to be an open tolerance for all things different in NZ - which is completely the opposite to Australia which seems to embrace a American like myopicism on some levels. Kiwi's are very free thinking in a very free place. Australia seems to be something other than NZ but let's hope that changes one day. I sort of compare Australia and New Zealand to the US and Canada. NZ is Canada and Aus is the US. Probably not quite the right thing to do but there are fair comparisons if you generalize.

I'm thinking of moving to NZ. I was there a couple of years ago for 2 months and loved the place. Beautiful landscapes, great fishing, cool clean air and down to earth people.

Good on the folks from Norml...

hey..not all americans are arrogant, xenophobic, violent, gun toting, big headed fuckwits that think the sun shines out of their ass.

there are a lot of intelligent,kind, thoughtful,peaceful and loving people there as well.

..just had to mention that since i see a lot of america bashing on these boards....its interesting since aussies are a tolerant, easy going people overall.. 20-30 years ago americans were a lot more admired and respected in this country. i think it has gone downhill due largely to various political and millitary policies applied by their government.

its true that australia has become a lot more americanised over the past 30 years mullray....particulary the past 15 years.

its also true that any country that becomes the dominant millitary power of the world forces/influences their culture and beliefs and way of life onto many other countries...eg. the persian empire, the roman empire, the british empire and now the american empire..hmm i might make a thread about this topic..could be interesting if people dont get emotional and start a flame war..

..anyway back on topic!!...that cannabus is pretty darn kewl...would love to go for a ride in it up and down the meandering roads of the land of the long white cloud....smoking a big fat Jay and adding some more white cloud fumes to the atmosphere!!

Edited by grok

"hey..not all americans are arrogant, xenophobic, violent, gun toting, big headed fuckwits that think the sun shines out of their ass.

there are a lot of intelligent,kind, thoughtful,peaceful and loving people there as well."

Hey Grok, I'm hopefully on the record with this myself - most Americans I've met have been very decent people. Many of them have been apologists for the US. The kiwi's do though tend to not like all things American and that was my point. Australia would be a far better place if they adopted just a bit of the anti American sentiment and learned that the US Fed Government are Nazi madmen and need to be eradicated from the free world. Sort of like taking democracy to the US - perhaps a good hanging of Bush and his cronies in the name of peace lol

But yes back to NORML ------ Love it and Great.

hey..not all americans are arrogant, xenophobic, violent, gun toting, big headed fuckwits that think the sun shines out of their ass.

True. Many Americans are opposed to the dominant politics of George W.

This thread reminds me of a song.

"Toomuch .....its the Magic Bus" If your old enough to remember this.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHge4ElsC14