Pot Plants ina Qld court as eviedence of harmless herb

I have nothing against free speech mate, what I object to is the lack of respect. Following is a quote of some of the statements the haters have injected into this thread:

What an utter waste of time , the man is obviously non compos mentis and should be treated as such

Hasn't done anyone any favours and just makes cannabis campaigners look stupid.

im too ashamed to attend a court with these fools

get a life people

clowns such as roc

what a waste of fucking time for all involved.

fuck off home to NSW

how much of a dick he acted like.

I mean fuck why don't you lot direct your energy and anger to the SYSTEM rather than a FELLOW STONER.

Do you get it yet? Its not that I disagree with anything you guys are saying necessarily, it about RESPECT and SUPPORT for a REAL PERSON who is standing up for themselves.

There are numerous other threads and you can start more if you think you know how to achieve law reform. No one is trying to shut you up, but I for one would appreciate it if you would show some respect.

I hear what you guys are saying, and I've made the same arguments myself in the past. That doesn't concern me either way in this thread. Its about support and solidarity for a fellow stoner and human being. :thumbsup:

Mullray I'd rather good bush grown buds to hydro any day. The problem most people associate bush bud with is the commercial mas produced crap thathits the street.

I've grown outdoor smoke that I'd put up against hydro any day of the week, and in it's time has been mistaken as "wicked hydro". Take good care of ya plants and it doesn't matter if they're grown inside or out.

But as for Nimbin "movements" yeah they can be embarressing. I lived n that area for years and have many friends and family from the area, so don't try lobbing me into a basket of hating anyone around there. I'd show some picks of a humpy I lived in there for years if it wasn't so incriminating.

but some of the people in the area get rather radical, like the radio Nimbin's weekly "women's self help mastubation" program that ran for a years. It was a shown by pro-feminists designed to teach women the joys of what they could achieve by masturbation. this really casts a long shaddow on the general public's perception of people from the area. It was xplicit and base, and although it had no direct link with the HEMp movement, it's just some of the unusual goings on that do occur and frighten people.

hell it embarressed me, I was an avid radio nuimbin listener when I lived within radio wave distance, but I couldn't let the kids stay around when stuff like that came on.

rob

Its about support and solidarity for a fellow stoner and human being. :thumbsup:

Fair enough. I have said before, in another thread about this, that I do have respect for him because he is trying to do what he thinks is right. I still have nothing against him, but I still do think this was a pointless exercise, a waste of money and time, and yes I think he acted like a dick. That does not mean I hate him, not at all.

Also, it would be nice if he could get on here and say hi to us himself, maybe then we would not seem to bag out "some fictitional character", as he appears at the moment, IMO. I remember Radic saying in one of the other threads that Rock does indeed read these threads, and is appreciative of the support. Maybe if he could explain his reasons, personally, then not as much criticism would be leveled towards him.

Oh, and thanks for the nice reply Pipeman, I feel bad now that I accused you of troublemaking.

let's face it who wants bush when you can have good hydro.

I'm with robbie on this one. Can't put it any better than this:

Mullray I'd rather good bush grown buds to hydro any day. The problem most people associate bush bud with is the commercial mas produced crap thathits the street.

I've grown outdoor smoke that I'd put up against hydro any day of the week, and in it's time has been mistaken as "wicked hydro". Take good care of ya plants and it doesn't matter if they're grown inside or out.

This isn't really the place to dig up the hydro/natual debate. We don't know if Rock or Radic is part of the Nimbin anti-hydro misadventure.

but I still do think this was a pointless exercise, a waste of money and time

He publicly showed that not everyone falls for the government line on pot being dangerous. I don't think thats pointless.

If nothing else the bloke has guts. I've only been to court a couple times and they were family law matters. The entire scene intimidated me.

frankly the whole excersize has pricked a real interest with me on a technical level, I have no idea what practicle good or bad it could bring really. I'd love to know the answer to some of the questions I asked regarding his status in "normal" life, as in other aspects he needs to identify himself to accpet privledges allowed us in society.

cheers

rob

He publicly showed that not everyone falls for the government line on pot being dangerous. I don't think thats pointless.

Not really freddie, he did that a long time ago when he took the plants into court, not once but twice. That was a decent argument which I agreed with, and that is why I respected him, and said so.

But that and this are two different things. This was an appeal against the fine, not the possesion of Cannabis, or anything to do with the fact that Cannabis is classed as a dangerous drug. And the appeal was pointless, this is what I am saying. The title of this thread is actually misleading somewhat.

So, I guess your right Pipeman, I still don't get it. And, I don't think the publicity stunt worked as none of the major newpapers/ Internet news sites took any notice of this either, where as they did take notice when he took the plants into court. The only reason we know about it is through first hand accounts of what happened.

This is why I would like to hear it from the horses mouth, so to speak.

Edited by iamnotacop

yeah man of course it didn't achieve anything in practical terms. but it felt damn good, and Rock was certainly pumped up about it.

I mean if you get a sense of pride and satisfaction from standing your ground, is that a waste of time? It certainly wasn't to Rock and his supporters.

FREE LUNCH!!!

I have expensive tastes, shit i hope its not Maccas.

I'll be happy to supersize your meal, and an apple pie for desert as well. :thumbsup: