Pot Plants ina Qld court as eviedence of harmless herb

I don't know what it will result in.

Its resulted in this thread for starters, which may result in some of us doing something instead of making inane posts on the internet. Who knows, stranger things have happened... :P

Tell ya what tho, any Oz Stoner member who wants to turn up next time will get shouted lunch and drinks, and you can talk to the man himself.

um, let me put a cap of 5 people on that, but I'll be surprised if even one shows up. Hope I'm wrong :D

good on him i reckon

So what if he is wasting the courts time? How much time does our oppressive government waste of ours? And we are the ones paying for it... paying for mp's to drink piss in parliament, paying cops to sit at donut king, paying a massive tax on fuel for better roads apparently but where the fuck are they!?!

Here, here!

We employ professionals throughout our Governments to waste our Taxes on a grand scale, so what's so terrible with an individual screwing the system where he can? Compared to the millions of dollars that is blown on anti-drug propaganda and prosecuting personal users & growers, Rock's burden on the system is irrelevant.

If somehow there is a negative backlash from Rock's antics and Qld's Drug Laws are strengthened even further(if that's even possible :P ) maybe it would be the catalyst to motivate those of us who just put up with how restrictive this State is, to stand up and say ''enough is enough''.

This doesn't only relate to Cannabis either, our Governments, both State and Federal, continually increase their level of control and taxation while simultaneously reducing the level of services they provide.

How much further can it go?

Rock is standing up for his right to be respected as a human being and not just treated as another statistic in the farce that is the War on Drugs!

He has my respect for that alone :P

Rock On!

:D

well said imnotacop

this fella rock

i have a suspicion he should be known as gronc

drop the K add a g and n

and we got the idiot formerely known as PETER TILL

:thumbsup:

wat amazes me is u guys think u are doing something positive

positively wasting resources and the courts time

so wen the movement is fair dinkum

]bigger chance of being laughed out..

fuck off home to NSW IMHO

bil

I must be missing something. He goes to court for pot and then gets fined 1800 court costs. So he owes them 1800 dollars. Then he appeals against that and goes to court to appeal. But when at the court he refuses to take part in the appeal?

So I assume that he still owes them 1800??

I must be missing something, because this is just weired. If I am not then, what a waste of fucking time for all involved.

dem canna touch you wid contract law

so the bible say

and datz what the whole christian system run pon

is'nt it?????

well all we need is some Christian cannabis crusaders to get up

stand up for our rights

Forget it Radic, I've been a christian for ten years and know many christians who smoke pot, yet many who don't know better think we're all subject to some rules and regulations in our faith, and trying to convince them we are in fact into a concept that is totally liberating and freeing falls flat on the ears of everyone I've tried to share it with.

Such passages in the bible as "all things are legal for me (a christian), although not all things are benificial", opens us to live life on concience, so long as we offend no-one we have no rules that govern our life. But just getting to the point of people understanding that always winds up in some crazy arguement of disbelief. It's too laid with mines to bother fighting.

Could you help me understand Rock's normal movements in life, how they're effected by disowning his name? Re: driving a car, claiming social security, tax exemption ...anything he needs to identify himself for, even owning abank account. Surely if he owns these things, he admits to being Peter Till. Does he forfeit these things?

cheers

rob

It would be nice if cannabis smokers had someone respectable looking to represent them or even a political party to join. No Clark Kent on the horizon that I can see. The fact is there is no one and no movement. The last one (HEMP I think?) could not even get 500 members to call itself a party. Out of how many Aussie cannabis users? We are an apathetic bunch. I include myself here.

Is Rock wasting court time? Yep, probably. Governments, courts and law enforcement have wasted enough money to run several third world nations on trying to eradicate cannabis since before Rock was born. How much better would our health and education

be it this money was spent elsewhere? The mind boggles when you think of that waste. How many lives have been wrecked by people getting locked up and having lifetime criminal records for using a fairly harmless herb? Yet here we have pages of folk who don’t like Rocks waste of precious court time. Maybe it is the image that you find more disturbing.

Until there is a better alternative I will support Rock.

The reason that there are no respectable looking people in cannabis law reform is because if you have a good job and family then you have a lot to lose by putting your head on the chopping block. If you are a grower it is even worse. It will take someone special to get a show on the road. I hope it happens in my lifetime. :thumbsup:

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2008/0...coast-news.html

Further down the street he said if he didn't push the boundaries of the law, the campaign to decriminalise marijuana would not be in the headlines.

His mission, he told anyone who would listen, was to campaign for the decriminalisation of cannabis in Queensland and show authorities the plant should not be classed as a 'dangerous drug'.

There is no doubt that this man is trying to further the cause, but my personal feeling is that the way he goes about it is not helping anyone, especially himself.

This time the plant seemed larger and Mr Till's desire to make a spectacle greater, after he rang media outlets to inform them of his plan before pacing repeatedly along court corridors saying it was all 'fun and games'.

Once in court, Mr Till, who always defends himself with the help of a quietly-spoken friend, refused to answer to his name and instead yelled at the magistrate to spell her name.

Magistrate Liz Hall told him to be quiet otherwise she would send him into custody, to which Mr Till replied 'Mr Till is not here, I am not a corporation'.

First of all, saying it is only fun and games, kind of makes his point moot as it looks like he isn't taking it serious at all. Yelling at the judge and being disrespectfull does nothing to help the image of Cannabis users, or the law reform movement. He could have written everything down that he wanted to say, and I am sure that if he had have tried to arrange an interview with any of the media present, at least one of them would have sat down and listened to him. At least that way he would have got to say what he wanted to say, the media would have listened, and they would have had something more to write about, rather than how much of a dick he acted like.

Oh and before anyone says to me that I am just a winger sitting at home doing nothing to help the cause, I say that I am proud to have had four letters printed in the "letters to the editor" section of my local paper and I have used my real name. Noone wrote back to challenge my assertions that prohibition is worse than the drugs themselves.

I have already got my defence plan ready and have prepared statements to police and judge, should I ever decide to grow my own, or get busted with a little bit of Cannabis. I would be willing to talk to media representatives, should the need arise. But with my record, due to alcohol and stupid decisions I made when I was younger, there is not much chance of me being taken too seriously.

I am ready to stand up and fight, but only when the time is right. I have three young children and I will not do anything to jeopardise my security while they are still so young, unless I am forced to do so.

First of all, saying it is only fun and games, kind of makes his point moot as it looks like he isn't taking it serious at all. Yelling at the judge and being disrespectfull does nothing to help the image of Cannabis users, or the law reform movement. He could have written everything down that he wanted to say, and I am sure that if he had have tried to arrange an interview with any of the media present, at least one of them would have sat down and listened to him. At least that way he would have got to say what he wanted to say, the media would have listened, and they would have had something more to write about, rather than how much of a dick he acted like.

More condescending masturbation from the haters. Geez from the number of members who have expressed their respect and support for a fellow stoner sticking up for his rights as a human being and not giving a fuck about the bullshit laws we are forced to live under it amazes me that you continue to chime in and show so much disrespect.

I wonder if you would show this much disrespect in person? I seriously doubt it.

Tell ya what tho, any Oz Stoner member who wants to turn up next time will get shouted lunch and drinks, and you can talk to the man himself.

um, let me put a cap of 5 people on that, but I'll be surprised if even one shows up. Hope I'm wrong peace.gif

fuck I was completely off my nut when I wrote that :thumbsup: but the offer still stands, even to the haters...

I don't hate Rock nor anyone else. Hate is a very strong word.

People have the rights to their opinions - it's a forum where people rightfully get to express their beliefs/ideas without bias and the fact is not everyone feels the same way on this subject or any other subject - and I don't know if anyone has expressed any form of anger or hate on this thread regarding Rock and his antics in court.

I think I have the right to say I don't like the way the Nimbin people -which is too broad in itself as it was a few people from Nimbin- went public on the radio and spewed a dialog of what can only be described as hype, hysteria, half truths, no truths and outright lies about hydroponically grown cannabis. Note the shows name - "Green Smack" and draw your own conclusions whether this was hysteria very much like that which the government now uses only these guys beat the government to the punchline and possibly even started the fire (at the very least added fuel to it). At the same time these guys would claim to be activists for the cannabis movement but given the times did more to damage the image of cannabis then even the government was doing (noting the government hadn't got on the super potent hydro skunk bandwagon at that point).

Saying that may offend some but then I found what they did extremely offensive, stupid and questionably commercially motivated because let's face it who wants bush when you can have good hydro.

So yes, I have no respect for what the Nimbin mob did in this situation and I believe that I should have the right to say things such as this without being launched at in an almost attempt to censor free speech - which the Nimbin people would be the first to tell you we all have (unless of course that free speech is against them and doesn't agree with their idea of free speech:-)

Bottom line where Rock is concerned:

It sort of shows what a thankless task it is to be an activist.

This kind of whinging might hold some water if someone was actually doing something to effect some change in the laws for cannabis users.

You say Rock is hurting the law reform movement. I say its pretty fucken hard to hurt a movement that doesn't exist!!!!

You are the one saying that there is no movement. I am saying there is, even if it is behind the scenes, slowly doing a bit here and there. Answer, one question, if you can Pipeman, without personally attacking people so that you dont have to answer, as is you usual MO.

What the fuck did this stunt do to help the cause? If it didnt do any good, and he claimed it was to help, then one can only assume that it either did nothing or did harm.

So there for, because I have done something to help effect some changes in law for Cannabis, my winging must stand up to your scrutiny? right?

More condescending masturbation from the haters.

I guess not.

Oh well, at least the point of a forum is that everyone gets to say what they want to say, and obviously not everyone is going to agree all the time. You really like disturbing the peace with your dribble, don't you Pipeman.

and you can talk to the man himself

Why can't the man come here and explain his side of the story first hand, maybe then we can get some idea of his motives, and understand what the fuck he is trying to do.