Getting high is in your heels

Getting high is in your heels

By Fiona Connolly

January 05, 2008 12:00am

http://www.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,,5828505,00.jpg

THEY bring new meaning to the term high heels - a pair of thongs known as "stash sandals" in which teenagers can hide drugs and drink.

The latest must-have fashion accessory with hidden storage compartment allows users to store their "gear" in the heel of the thongs, which come with a screw cap and key.

Manufactured by surf label Reef and available in most surf stores for about $70, the thongs are marketed as an alcohol container, with the key doubling up as a bottle opener.

A Reef spokesman yesterday denied the shoes were designed to hold alcohol or drugs, but could not explain the purpose of the storage compartment.

"A lot of things happen in shoes, people go on trips and put their money in shoes," he said.

The popular Christmas gift is part of Reef's range bearing the name of surfing champion Mick Fanning, which also includes thongs with built-in bottle openers on the soles.

Rip Curl and Globe also make board shorts with bottle openers stitched in.

Drug and alcohol groups yesterday condemned the design.

"It's a very foolish company heading down a dangerous path that creates their products to be used in this way," Drug and Alcohol Research and Training Australia's Paul Dillon said.

source .... The Daily Smellofgraft :rolleyes:

ps I note the idiot FUCKWIT DILLon is giving us his 2 cents worth , and bleated on when asked for other opinions about say the blisterpac "drug look a like " lollies ( yawn ) and yoofs attitude to ooh spookey WANKY-do unfactual BS drug testing for drivers , what a TOOL . :blink:

"It's a very foolish company heading down a dangerous path that creates their products to be used in this way," Drug and Alcohol Research and Training Australia's Paul Dillon said.

Unlike alcohol and tobacco companies, who must only produce their poisons for the greater good of mankind :blink:

I'd love to slap Paul Dildo across the face with one of those stash sandals.

Next the fucking drug and alcohol groups will be condemning manufacturers of eskies, lighters, spoons, stubby coolers and corkscrews :rolleyes:

:doh:

:doh:

Haha , that's pretty good .. a bit too obvious for my liking tho .. (and I try to avoid wearing thongs anyway (I might have to climb a mountain without notice or something similar (there's always something))) :rolleyes:

I've always thought about taking to my shoes with a razor for this sort of purpose .. but haven't ever bothered to ..

I picture a pair of boots with a sturdy switch mechanism that in banging the heel hard down on the ground a 'disk drive' type slot slides out .. therein lies the goods. :D I'd like that.

I can see how those groovy lookin thongs could serve well though , especially for Music festivals (disregarding Sniffers ofc) and things like Schoolies when people are sometimes searched but only breifly (if not just cycled through as quickly as possible hah! B))

Ayhoo , thats all I have to say (type) on the matter I think .. hmmm , wasn't really worth typing at all was it .. meh , I just like the ejecting disk-drive shoe compartment idea .. it's the future man! :huh:

Cheerz (Drinks from shoe ..) :blink: :)

Have a good night.

Budman :huh:

Man those are nothing...

http://users.bigpond.net.au/revenantgdl/shoephone.jpg

Maxwell Smart was ahead of his time.

http://users.bigpond.net.au/revenantgdl/fishshoe.jpg

Theres nothing like keepin it real with some fish in yo heel.

http://users.bigpond.net.au/revenantgdl/mp3shoe.gif

MP3 Shoes.

Ayhoo , thats all I have to say (type) on the matter I think .. hmmm , wasn't really worth typing at all was it .. meh , I just like the ejecting disk-drive shoe compartment idea .. it's the future man! :applause:

good idea! so when the fuzz chases you and you jump over a fence and land hard your stash goes flying and that's one less thing they can rape you for. you design it and put me down for a pair. :peace:

Man those are great

i might have to start looking for a pair asap me thinks

a mate of mine that used to come to heaps of raves with me got a pair of these doc's from OS good lookin pair of boots then he showed me the special stash compartment and i was like WTF there full on rave boots and let me just say we used that stash spot on many many occasions :peace:

cheerz :applause: