Best Strain for depression

eexpee

Question

Hi,

I have had Post Traumatic Stress Disorder with a major depressive disorder for four years now. I find that the Sativas give me a much better high than the Indicas do. But I like to use both three or four times a week. Sativas in the early part of the day, while I use the Indicas at night time so as to relax me. This gives me a better balance and I am able to stay away from the opiates for the day. They both give me the munchies though : ) and at least a break for my liver as well.

Good luck with your depression.

Joeybc

I suffer from bipolar or manic depression. It was diagnosed in 2005, but I'ld probably had it for years and I would self medicate with Cannabis. I took meds for about 4 years, while I finished raising my children, but now have gone off meds as my depression has to do with ME, and what the hell is going on in me; my suppressed emotions, my feelings (which don't happen often in any degree on meds), my chakras, my shit, in other words.

For a good soul-seek, I turn to Cannabis. Once a year, usually when I am fed up and sick of the depression and day to day bullshit, I go up to Nimbin, buy a couple of ozs. and smoke chronically for 2 weeks, chain smoking heads. I eat and sleep when I need to. I internally tackle everything I need to deal with spiritually and emotionally. It's the shaman's journey in a sense.

Then, when I run out, (I live in Vic and supply is crappy and unreliable at best), I find my whole attitude has changed and I am happier, life seems easier and the depression lessens alot (after I get over missing it lol)

Works for me-but would warn, you need the self confidence to do it

I suffer from bipolar or manic depression. It was diagnosed in 2005, but I'ld probably had it for years and I would self medicate with Cannabis. I took meds for about 4 years, while I finished raising my children, but now have gone off meds as my depression has to do with ME, and what the hell is going on in me; my suppressed emotions, my feelings (which don't happen often in any degree on meds), my chakras, my shit, in other words.

For a good soul-seek, I turn to Cannabis. Once a year, usually when I am fed up and sick of the depression and day to day bullshit, I go up to Nimbin, buy a couple of ozs. and smoke chronically for 2 weeks, chain smoking heads. I eat and sleep when I need to. I internally tackle everything I need to deal with spiritually and emotionally. It's the shaman's journey in a sense.

Then, when I run out, (I live in Vic and supply is crappy and unreliable at best), I find my whole attitude has changed and I am happier, life seems easier and the depression lessens alot (after I get over missing it lol)

Works for me-but would warn, you need the self confidence to do it

Mousey were you diagnosed bipolar type 1 or 2? I think some people are incorrectly diagnosed, but if you have real bipolar (especially type 1) I wouldn't recommend going off your meds, then smoking pot. If you have true bipolar, its only a matter of time before you lose contact with reality. I have seen psychotic bipolars who go off their meds before, and then smoking lots of cannabis, they get really unwell, then of course cannabis gets the blame.

I personally don't recommend cannabis for the small minority of people that have schizophrenia or bipolar, especially if you have psychotic episodes...

I have read a study about the THC/CBD contents of plants and their effects of people...

CBD is said to be an important anti-psychotic in the 'cannabinoid' mix.

THC+CBD = Okay.

THC alone = MAYBE not. (for some)

Apparently sativas bred to have high thc but low cbd can send you psychotic for SOME people.

Indicas naturally with a high CBD/THC ratio are found not to induce these psychotic symptoms.

Buggered if I can remember where I saw this, I think is was in these forums.

Peace.

Edit- It was a post by member 'grace' in the cannabis research forums.

"It's lack of balance that makes skunk cannabis do harm, UK: New Scientist"

read up people ! riveting stuff eh

Edited by phreak1987