Best Strain for depression

eexpee

Question

Yep, well that's where it all gets tricky.

Ive done regular exercie in the past, and still do about ^average. But it doesn't help. It helps while im doing it, but it seems as soon as I stop, it comes back almost instantly. So for that to work Id have to exercise all day everyday...

And I was a bit of a health freak in the past, and as a result continue to have healthy eating habits.

The ganja seems to be on my side as far as depression goes. The anti-depressants do their bit, quite well actually, but not to the standard they are supposed to. The ganja just adds that little umph it seeds. I think I will experiment, see what works best for me.

Thanks though for all the feed back.

If you are "Clinicly Depressed" then anything that releases larger amounts of serotonin unnaturally is only helping the short term problem. The problem itself exists allot of the time because your body has troubles creating and regulating it's seratonin release and a constant drain like smoking every day will make the road to recovery harder. Your pills ( assuming you take something ) will keep you all balanced out and you will likely only have occasional mood swings but if you where to miss out of eighter your tablets or cannabis even for a day you would notice the negative side

Just my opinion but Smoking and Depression going together doesn't work for everyone and only you will be able to see the effect it has on you.

Yeah as pure said it. GET HELP, weed is fun, but not a good solution, if you are mentally ill with BiPolar it is not recommended that you smoke weed, because it could end up making the matter worse

I personally cant smoke because of family history, If I smoke I will jump off the deep end, I just provide a service to my mates.

Do not go on some anti-depressants as some of them have the same effect as ecstasy once you are off them, a shocking come down, and lots of people have committed suicide after coming off them. The best way of solving depression is finding the reason why you are depressed, take out the problem and it's solved, I did that and now im fine. lol

The best way of solving depression is finding the reason why you are depressed, take out the problem and it's solved,

Leafy that's very true. In this case there is a solution. The desire can be fulfilled.

In most cases though, the desire can never be reached and the depression never ceases. Not until the desire is let go or changed, or acceptance of the situation is found.

Until acceptance of the situation is found, cannabis can help depression. Also for continual maintenance.

It's always better to feel well and slightly euphoric, rather than terminally sad.

A good hybrid, indy dom or indy ibl should help, if not, keep trying new strains.

Grown yourself, helps treatment best; except for the stress and anxiety caused by prohibition alone.

Being involved in growing your own living medicine is a large part of the medicine. lol

why is it ok to take a pill twice a day to keep your mood under control, but its not ok to have a toke twice a day for the same effect? (a question for your doctor).

then when he tells you prescription meds are safer, ask the doc how many people die each year from prescription medicines, and how many people die from cannabis.

the thing is, half the time the doc is right. the hopelessly depressed patient can't bring themselves to do anything but smoke or drink all day, which obviously doesn't help themselves.

I personally think diet and exercise are the best medicines for depression.

PS - by diet I mean eating healthy food, not trying to lose weight and eating diet foods or any crap like that.

why is it ok to take a pill twice a day to keep your mood under control, but its not ok to have a toke twice a day for the same effect? (a question for your doctor).

then when he tells you prescription meds are safer, ask the doc how many people die each year from prescription medicines, and how many people die from cannabis.

why indeed pipeman ,we can tolerate cardiac arhythmia, liver failure and death (paracetamol), bleeding of the stomach lining (aspirin), normally called an ulcer, as well as addictions to nasal spray after a week and sleep medications available over the counter without prescription ... also other nasty side-effects, like increased suicide tendencies among teenagers with certain anti-depressants, which can be and are tolerated by society and the Law... that's just fine...

we should begin to wonder what exactly the motivation is behind even working on removing the artificial euphoria component from cannabis, given that we use drugs like morphine, hydrocodone, oxycodone and others for killing pain! ... these also cause euphoria just as cannabis does which is so reviled and hated as a universally recognized threat to all youth, every family, school, business, and community ... except strangely, for those who become politicians

are there ways being sought to either separate the euphoria-mechanism from these pharmaceutical painkillers, just as seems to be required of cannabis before it can be used, or else to ban them entirely and jail those who produce, distribute and consume them? ....

why should (only) those dying of cancer be able to sneak a 'high'? .... pain is, after all, only what the patient says it is, why should there be no 'risk of euphoria' consideration for non-cannabis painkillers??

Its two-faced bastardisation and discrimination at its worst !!

lol

I don't tend to think its a conspiracy, I think government policies are more the result of fear and ignorance, and also not making any courageous political decisions, because drug law reform is an easy vote loser

In terms of the pharma companies, I don't think they are in on any conspiracy either, they are simply doing what they need to do to get a new potentially lucrative product on the market. Its as simple as that. As long as they can sell the shit they don't care. I'm sure the pharma companies would love cannabis to be legalised. Chemists shelves would be full of canna products.

Look at all the idiotic policies of governments. Do you really think they're capable of a conspiracy?

In terms of the pharma companies, I don't think they are in on any conspiracy either, they are simply doing what they need to do to get a new potentially lucrative product on the market. Its as simple as that. As long as they can sell the shit they don't care. I'm sure the pharma companies would love cannabis to be legalised. Chemists shelves would be full of canna products.

they resisted Lithium, why wouldn't they resist Cannabis?

"Carl Lange in Denmark and William Alexander Hammond in New York used lithium to treat mania from the 1870s onwards"

"The use of lithium salts to treat mania was rediscovered by the Australian psychiatrist John Cade in 1949"

"The application of lithium for manic illness was approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration in 1970."

Thanks to their shenanigans it took Lithium 100 years to be "ok".

Lets see - cannabis was outlawed in the 1930s iirc (regardless of Doctors' pleas). So that puts Cannabis at around 70 years and counting. History repeating

Edited by roid