Drugs sent through the mail

ESPERANCE Police have issued a stern warning regarding the sending of illicit materials through the post after seizing 15 grams of cannabis in two parcels at the Esperance post office.

The parcels, sent from South Australia, were addressed to a man in Esperance who has since moved back to South Australia, according to Esperance Police Constable Jared Pearsall.

“Australia Post contacted us and informed us they had two parcels that were suspicious,” Const Pearsall said.

“After deconstructing the two parcels we found them to contain approximately 15 grams of cannabis.

“This led to the execution of two search warrants, one in Esperance and one in South Australia, leading to the collection of smoking implements.”

Const Pearsall said that sending illicit materials through the post could result in charges such as possession with intent to supply, although he added charges had not yet been laid in relation to this particular incident.

“South Australian police are following on our inquiries,” he said.

“Most things that get sent through the post will be scanned at some stage, so it’s highly likely you will get caught if you do send illicit material through the post … it’s highly irresponsible and quite futile.

“You may also be leaving yourself open to being charged not only under state law but also commonwealth law, with the commonwealth penalties being much harsher.”

Source: http://esperance.yourguide.com.au

the laws that get broken by sending illegal things in the mail is a bit of a concern, but the police think that because they picked up 15g over 2 packages that using the mail for sending drugs is futile? I once had the aussie post chick roll her eyes as she handed me a package with a couple of ounces in it because you could sorta smell it and if that isnt enough one time when a package was sent to me under a name i made up that didnt get collected, i had to walk into the post office and collect it claiming that my friend hurt himself and im picking up his mail for him :D

almost forgot about all the seeds and clones that get sent in the mail as well...futile my arse ^_^