i've never collected pollen befor and herd of some one saying that they were going to mix it with flour.i know that in normal gardening ppl mix sand with very small seed to get an even spread when they plant them and im guessing that is the reason to mix the pollen with flour. but was i wanting to know if using flour was safe or even needed.happy herb.

Flour is ok, also rice that has been completely dried in a microwave.

I collected some from a male plant about a month ago and put it in a black plastic film container with one of those silica jell packets you get with pills from the chemist.

It keeps it from sticking together and when Im ready to use it, I'll dip a soft artists brush into it and brush it onto selected buds when they are ready.

Your right, flour is for an even spread, people do it to make their pollen go further as you need one pollen grain to hit one pistil to make a seed, especially with a paintbrush method it is a good idea as the paint brush will be brushing many pollen grains onto a few pistils each brush. The flour is not at all bad for your plant. If you want alot of seed you dilute your pollen up to 100/1 and paint heaps of the plant. But, if you are using a couple of males to pollinate one female I really think that pollen bags are a better method as you can be 100% sure of seed parentage.