odd leaves

Hey guys,

after a little advice if ya dont mind, had a look for myself but found some conflicting info, hoping one of you might pick it straight away.

Growing in soil, ph is about 6ish last time i checked. I've been using Flower Power A&B nutes, only every few days though.

post-12559-1191205373_thumb.jpg

The leaves at the top of the plant only are turning yellow between the veins, the tips are curling down, and there are a few little brown spots on the edges.

From what I've read it may be Fe, Zn or Mg deficencies, does that sound right? Any help is mucho appreciated.

Cheers.

Looks like Zinc to me, how long has this been happening? A foliar spray with a zinc and iron nute will fix it fast. I've done it and all was better in like 3 days.

Alot of deficencies look alike at the start, but the curling tips say Zinc to me...

Edited by Granny

yep...

also the leaf showing the veins like it is.. is and iron deficiency

what have you been feeding it.. ?

a good hydroponic nutrient shouldnt get these deficiencies... iron and zinc are a micro nutrient.. the plant doesnt use a real lot of these.. but it is vital in helping the plant absorb light...

as granny has said.. a foliar feed will fix them right up... you can get a fert thats just trace elements.. i think its called.. Trace Elements.. or you can get iron and zinc individually.. this will help the problem... but its not going to go away untill you change what nutrients you are using..

the nutes i'm using are meant to be alright, i had a look at the side and it's got all the good stuff, and it's the stuff for veg growth. maybe i'm just not using enough, first time with it. will get some zinc and iron to try the spray, then play around with the nutes again. god bless trial and error....

Two things I just remembered and think might be of use.

The product I use that's zinc and iron, called "Spray and Grow" says on the label that I need to be sure the Ph of the water I mix it with is on the alkaline side. I'm told to add baking soda to my water if the solution mix doesn't turn an amber color. I don't know if that'll have any bearing on other products, but it can't hurt to know.

The other is about growing in soil, especially in pots. I try to foliar feed rather than pour nutes into the soil, for two reasons. One is that if you over feed or have too much salts in the soil it will build up and it is hell trying to flush soil. The other also has to do with flushing but it's the end flush before harvest. The less that's put into the soil, the easier it will be to have a clean end product.

The last 2 weeks of my soil grows are all plain water. It's a slow flush, but it seems to work for me.

Bufo, Today I posted a few pix of a couple of clones grown in soil indoors, and my outdoor girls trunks are as thick as my wrist,

The indoorsies are over a meter tall. Worm shit. Good shit. All kinds of shit. I know, yanks are full of shit, but hey, I can't complain, it's excellent shit Bubba! :D

Edited by Granny