my very 1st grow!

I'll be returning vigorously to bushwalking (hiking for you yanks B)) in order to sew my seeds about the land. Actually sewing seedlings since they've already sprouted.

It's the first time I've grown since I was a teenager and I'm really enjoying learning about the process of growing and seeing it unfold before my eyes. I've sprouted mine indoors, to be acclimated outside and then planted in the bush. My poor babies have gone through a lot of punishment as I've learnt the hard way (ie doing practically everything wrong that a newbie can do). The one thing I can consistently do now is sprout seeds in 36 to 48 hours (100% success rate from 16 seeds, multiple varities) using the paper towel method. Surprisingly some of my seeds are over 3 years old and still sprout easily. The first 5 took 4 or 5 days to sprout due to low temperatures (putting them in the lounge room with a fire going fixed that).

Beans did yours die due to frost? I think mine have stuggled due to the cold here.

hey guys.

sorry i havnt replied in a while...

i went to check on my plant last monday and something had got to it, fuck!

it had knocked the bottle off that was protecting it and got threw the mesh i had around it somehow.

half the plant got eaten so all that was left was the little baby leaves and a bit of a stalk.

i watered it and fixed it up moved spots etc.

hopefully it regrows but i dont think i will go back till next weekend to check on it.

peace... :toke:

Clones are better than seedlings for transplanting outdoors. Stronger and not so tender and tasty for wildlife.

Thanks for that info Granny :bongon:

Bummer to hear about your plant illmaticyo. I would suggest perhaps trying a few plants in a few spots. You can get things(like various animal urine or skunk odour) to help protect your plant/s from animals. I use my own but I have noticed that it doesn't deter but rather attract my cat. He's a bit of a weirdo and loves the smell of his dad's piss :chef: