• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
Barneys Farm Cannabis Seeds
Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment

Photo

Sea of Green: Get a harvest every 2 weeks

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

Al B. Fuct

Al B. Fuct

Couch Locked

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1021 Posts:
  • Interests:growing dope
  • Cannabis Use:Medicinal
  • Fav. Heads:"Hydroponic"
  • Fav. Lighting: 1000W HPS x2 in flowering, 400W HPS for mothers

I had read that a plant needs to veg 6 -7 weeks b4 turning to flower.

Yep, correct. The plant needs about 6-7wks vegging from seed to get to sexual maturity (displaying preflowers at nodes) before you can even determine sex.

Not sure what you're going to get on just a few weeks of 12/12 from seed sprout. A sexually immature plant won't be of known sex and may not develop floral clusters, of either sex.

While the clones in my op don't get any vegging time per se, the mums they come from are constantly in veg. You have to remember that my mums were sprouted from seed some years ago, vegged to sexual maturity, then sexed. The female lineage lives on of course.

All the cuttings taken from mums post sexual maturity will themselves be sexually mature- and of the same, known sex of the mother.

Say thanks with some bits:  bc1q2u6zm8fvmf9n6zv0kdtq0gsvhjfhdcysfss94j  (BTC Only)

nouseforaname

nouseforaname

Couch Locked

• Members
  • 1277 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Recreational
  • Fav. Lighting: anything i can do u can do better... wanna see more join 420 crew...
hey,
nice neat setup its good when your up and running with perpetual.. might be worth considering is to stake them in the pots as you plant them out

tn_gallery_12710_625_1721.jpgsome people say creating a crib or others say im ruining a rental near u but it's all for the love of a plant....

RIP RGS

Al B. Fuct

Al B. Fuct

Couch Locked

• Members
  • 1021 Posts:
Thanks for that.

They generally don't need staking until late in flower, after wk 6. The bud weight starts to pull them down if all is going well. :peace:

jimbojones5678

jimbojones5678

agoraphobic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3290 Posts:
  • Cannabis Photography Competition

• Interests:Smokin, Fuckin, Ridin
  • Fav. Type:Oil Concentrates
  • Fav. Lighting: as many 600w Sunmasters as will fit in there
So would you recommend an 8" pot for this method?
Would 6" be too small...

Jimbo :peace:
It doesn't matter whether you're black or white...green is the only colour that matters

Al B. Fuct

Al B. Fuct

Couch Locked

• Members
  • 1021 Posts:
I chose 8" because the plants are less apt to tip over. Flooding them 1x/day at lights on is sufficient.

6" will work but you may have to water differently. Might need to water again a couple of hours before lights off. If the tray is packed solid full of pots, even 6" pots will stand up. :)

nouseforaname

nouseforaname

Couch Locked

• Members
  • 1277 Posts:
  • Fav. Lighting: anything i can do u can do better... wanna see more join 420 crew...
hey,
to keep 6" pots standing tie a string from table over pots to other side or a corrogated plastic cover also works makes it easier to hook up drip lines aswell..

Al B. Fuct

Al B. Fuct

Couch Locked

• Members
  • 1021 Posts:
Terrific idea!

Not so sure I'd drip feed rockwool, but it'd be spiffy for clay pellets. :)

Nice one. :punk:

nouseforaname

nouseforaname

Couch Locked

• Members
  • 1277 Posts:
hey,
Yea sorry i didnt even think of the rockwool was thinking clay.. just wondered what you do with waste rockwool? mates used to dig big trenches in their yards and dump it there cause the garbage truck wouldnt lift the bins...

Al B. Fuct

Al B. Fuct

Couch Locked

• Members
  • 1021 Posts:
I dry out rockwool and rootballs by putting them in a milk crate and pointing a fan at it. Takes about a week for one rootmass & waste RW to dry out fully, but once that's done, it's very light and easy to bag up and dispose of in common rubbish.

Once dry, it compacts very well (stomp on it! :)), down to about 20% of the fluffed up volume as it is used while growing. In small, ordinary looking bags, it shouldn't attract any undue attention mixed in with other regular, bagged up rubbish- hasn't so far for me.

Al B. Fuct

Al B. Fuct

Couch Locked

• Members
  • 1021 Posts:
I've been thinking about MacGuyvering up a rockwool squeezer to speed up the disposal process. Based on a can crusher.

Edited by Al B. Fuct, 04 July 2007 - 10:49 AM.

Barneys Farm Cannabis Seeds
Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.