• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
Barneys Farm Cannabis Seeds
Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment

Photo

Sea of Green: Get a harvest every 2 weeks

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

DrDee

DrDee

Budding

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 Posts:
  • Interests:Growing and smoking or course. I seem to have developed a habit of buying seeds. I like to have lots of choices so call me a seed collector. I like to ride motorcycles. Travel is my biggest passion though as I've gotten older and the world has become more hostile, I'm limiting it to more local environs.
  • Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal
  • Fav. Heads:"Hydroponic"
  • Fav. Lighting: 400 and 600hps for flowering
    400MH and T-8HO for veg.
    Shop light for clones and seedlings
Al-B,
That surprises me that aeration made that much difference in your grow. But I'm a total hydro newbie. I'm in hydroton and with the flood schedule I'm on (5 x 15 minutes) I'm sure I'm getting plenty of O2 to the roots. I'm using non-organic nutes which are very stable and my air pump is pretty strong and really bubbles up that hose and into the tray while flooded. I'm really not worried about aeration. I'm going to stick with the same strain on the E&F table until I get it dialed in and that sounds like something that's worthy of a test. One run with 24/7 aeration and one without.

One of my local grow buddy is an AN user and what he does is to have the air pump come on 10 minutes before application. He said it really helped with his pH management. Much more stable. All very anecdotal though.

If I can lay my hands on that AN newsletter I'll forward it to you...
Cheers,
Dee
"If you aren't busy being born...you're busy dyin'" Dylan

Say thanks with some bits:  bc1q2u6zm8fvmf9n6zv0kdtq0gsvhjfhdcysfss94j  (BTC Only)

Al B. Fuct

Al B. Fuct

Couch Locked

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1021 Posts:
  • Interests:growing dope
  • Cannabis Use:Medicinal
  • Fav. Lighting: 1000W HPS x2 in flowering, 400W HPS for mothers

That surprises me that aeration made that much difference in your grow.

Hey, I was just as surprised!

One thing which masked the negative effects of the pumps quitting was my application of H2O2 (50% grade, 1ml/L every 3-4 days), which is a very fine solution oxygenator, though my primary purpose for it is pathogen suppression. When I'm religious about adding H2O2, the absence of oxygenation with pumps/stones is less noticeable- but sometimes I forget to dose the tanks. Yields are better with 24/7 aeration, probably because it provides oxygenation if I forget to do it with the H2O2.

I ran without air pumps for several months, not thinking it was that much of a problem... but when I put new ones in, the difference was immediate and dramatic.

I didn't note any pH management differences with vs without aeration.

Al B. Fuct

Al B. Fuct

Couch Locked

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1021 Posts:
  • Interests:growing dope
  • Cannabis Use:Medicinal
  • Fav. Lighting: 1000W HPS x2 in flowering, 400W HPS for mothers
I've been thrashing the same 130 or so 175mm pots in my system for about 7-8 years now. Many are cracked or otherwise damaged. Bought them so long ago that the place I last got them from has gone out of biz.

Could not find plain old black 175mm plastic pots to save my life at Bunnies, dollar shops, Kmart, not even at my local, usually-way-too-expensive-so-last-resort-only Flower Power shop.

Hit the web, found these guys:

http://www.gardencityplastics.com/

Whoomp, there it is. Every possible size and colour.

2 stacks of 70 black 175mm pots cost $63 cash money off their whse dock, $0.45 a pot, about 1/3 the price for near sized pots elsewhere. Bargain.

ff069

ff069

Planted

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Recreational
very impressive.

iCann

iCann

Planted

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal

For those who don't know, the Big Blue Bastard is a 5 tube UV fluoro ioniser... which is still on my workbench, waiting for me to work out why a 16W fluoro tube connected to an 18W ballast pops the ckt breaker on my workbench's 240V power supply.

Hey Al,
been following your threads around, all i can say is... :peace:
I'm really interested to find out how did the Big Blue worked out for you, as I'm looking at one myself

Edited by iCann, 23 November 2008 - 10:38 AM.

Cool cat 13

Cool cat 13

Planted

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 Posts:
  • Fav. Heads:None
Hi Al, great thread. My grow isn't that dissimilar from yours and I've been doing it for years, but you have some nice efficiencies that I will definitely be looking to emulate next time. I grow in rock wool with drippers, but am now gonna think carefully about swapping to ebb and flow, those drippers are a real pain. A couple of questions in case you are still floating around on the forum: when do you transfer your clones into your pots, is it before or after you put them in the flower room? Also, if it is after, how do you find their roots develop without any vegging? Finally, is there any reason why you don't grow straight into Rockwool blocks instead of using those pots?

Stanley.Beamish.

Stanley.Beamish.

Maturing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 Posts:
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads), Hashish
  • Fav. Lighting: 315W and 630W D-Papillons

:twiddle:

Errrrm...... 9 year thread revival..........

Good luck with that one Cool...................

Cool cat 13

Cool cat 13

Planted

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 Posts:
  • Fav. Heads:None
Never know your luck if you don't try. Either way, it's a good thread and deserves any attention it can get.

Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment
Barneys Farm Cannabis Seeds
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.