Are you a lighter theif?

Are you a lighter theif?  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

fire and the ability to control it is what started the progression of human evolution..

has any body seen that movie castaway.. when right at the end he finds out how easy it is to have fire.. imagine some Tom hanks was a smoker and he had a lighter.. and just before he got on the plane he had a smoke and a guy bumbed one and borrowed the lighter.. never to return it..

I agree with AussieBudsRoxs, (and yeah, they do rock!) matches are a simple solution. There's 100's of lights in there, cheap as and you can 'see' how many lights are left. If a mate nicks a few matches but leaves the box, no one's the worse and it's all good (it's sorta like stealing a clone off a plant as opposed to running off with the whole tree, roots and all).

But if you just must have lighters, buy a 3pack each week and leave them scattered round your dwelling. Lighters aren't a posession that needs hoarding and hiding .. they're an everyday tool for living and if someone just needs to nick yours, i Say let 'em have it.

That said, if they walk out with 2 or more lighters, tell the cheapo to bring his own or go without next time :rolleyes:

By the way, thoughtlessly stealing a lighter, then returning it shows class and a good deal of remorse for the trauma incurred, be mindful and represent ganja positively, people.

lol

Yes , an amusing topic .. I doubt there would be many a smoker out there that hasn't accidentally pocketed a lighter before .. lol ..

And altho I have met a few "Collectors Intentional" ... I have personally never intended to take anyones precious lighter .. :P

I like what Pebz and the rest had to say ... I too think that it is not always an human smoker that happens away with your flint-fired device .. ;) .. Same as spare socks and spare pens and spare Plectrums (as someone mentioned) ... There are indeed small theiving creatures that prey apon our pocket-sized useful belongings .. :ermm: .. Evil Gnomes and wayward fairies , oh My!!! ... -.-

ANyhoo , I have kept a spare 3pak of Bic lighters on the shelf (per regularly) for many years now ... I'd say maybe half of all of em get finished by me .. the rest are somewhere else :idea: heheh .. A 3 pak (Bics) lasts me ..um .. about 2 months maybe , if I don't lose any .. *rough guess .. nearly always got some matches around tho .. its hard to light a bong with your toaster ;)

O.k. then .. Happy Happy Joy Joy! ;) ... and remember ... don't forget! :D

Cheerz :wave:

Budman :toke:

P.s. The Human Pant-Pocket is often sloped poorly in the pant design .. considering the layed back position of legs in pants in cars and on couches etc they should have an in-pocket pocket (a design I'm currently working on) .. so as that small useful items will not grivitationally "Slide" out of the Pocket space .. ahem .. sheesh , I can't work under these conditions .. and I canna help think that maybe it was twee , what fell out of Mr. Gods own poorly slanted pocket ..

Who can be sure really ...

:0