Foods you love that are no longer sold...

-Vice Versas.. yum

-Zoo Animals.. these we just animal shaped biscuits with chocolate on the bottom. there is several substitutes available.. but don't taste as good.

-Get Fresh.. chewing gum with tasty liquid centre

-the original milo bars.. the new ones are good, but i miss the old ones

Well having moved here from Canada, you guys dont have hardly any of the same brands or even types of my favourite munchies. My number one favourite is a snack cracker called Gold Fish, little cheesy crackers in the shape of goldfish.

I also cant find a store that sells pre-made perogies, in Canada you could buy them by the bag with various fillings in the frozen food section

One of the things I really miss and I hope someone can help me out here is that I can't find decent pickles. I like really big, fat, juicy, salty, garlicy pickles. Sometimes they have the brand name Polaski Orgaski, and they are typically associated with jewish deli's or are referred to as kosher dills. I am not Jewish though, not that that matters, just thats what they are usually associated with and I am told that Australia really doesnt have a jewish population. All the pickles I have seen in stores her are tiny and sweet, bleh...

A Canadian national food you dont have is Poutine. Poutine is french fries (chips), covered in gravy and mozarella cheese curds. Usually after eating one of these you then have a deep fried mars bar. I cant find those either, but I heard someone mention on here that they buy them locally.

And lastly, this is not one of my favorite foods, but its totally a munchy food that I love, cuz it is so weird and stoner like and fun. You cant even get it in Canada, but you can get it in the USA, it's processed cheese in an pressurized can. So you actually squirt the cheese out through a small nozel and you can draw with it. I love making funny faces and designs on crackers with it while stoned and then eating them :blink:

deep fried mars bar. I cant find those either, but I heard someone mention on here that they buy them locally.

You can get those at thredbo during the snow season.

it's processed cheese in an pressurized can

That shit is nasty.... nasty nasty nasty....

I like really big, fat, juicy, salty, garlicy pickles.

If you want fucking ace pickles you need to go visit some of the older country areas.

Check out all the oldies shops, or sometimes even on the side of the road, they will usualy sell home made pickles...

Probly more what your after.

::M1557::

Important Information

By using the community in any way you agree to our Terms of Use and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.