Ever wanted to mix your own Nutrients or are cheap ?

OK was looking for info on the different additives within 2 part nutrients and found this little treasure !!

Its a bit indeapth but hell if you wanna make your own Nutrients then you need this level

:thumbsup: The Excel Spreed sheet for DIY nutrients

Oh you need Microsoft Excel ..... :toke:

The list of nutrient elements to use are::

Anhydrous ammonia (NH3)

Ammonium nitrate, pure (NH4NO3)

Ammonium sulphate ((NH4)2SO4)

Calcium chloride hexahydrate (CaCl2.6H2O)

Calcium nitrate (Ca(NO3)2)

Calcium nitrate (fertilizer grade) (5Ca(NO3)2NH4NO3.10H2O)

Calcium nitrate tetrahydrate (Ca(NO3)2.4H2O)

Calcium oxide (CaO)

Calcium sulphate dihydrate (CaSO4.2H2O)

Diammonium phosphate ((NH4)2HPO4)

Magnesium oxide (MgO)

Magnesium sulphate heptahydrate (MgSO4.7H2O)

Magnesium sulphate (MgSO4)

Monoammonium phosphate (NH4H2PO4)

Monopotassium phosphate (KH2PO4)

Nitrate (NO3)

Phosphate (PO4)

Phosphoric acid (ortho) (H3PO4)

Phosphoric anhydride (P2O5)

Potash (K2O)

Potassium chloride (KCl)

Potassium dihydrogen phosphate (KH2PO4)

Potassuim nitrate (KNO3)

Potassium sulphate (K2SO4)

Sodium chloride (NaCl)

Sulfuric acid (H2SO4)

Just so you have an idea the level this thing goes into

Edited by Shithappens

I just searched for "monoammonium", this is the only thread at this forum with it mentioned ... but zero replies! ... and your post was in 2007!

Anyway sorry for being a full bloody decade late ..... but YES!

Your list is beautifully comprehensive, although it seems it can also be beautifully short'n'sweet ... well, the base anyway

Still need secondary and trace elements, but I was surprised how simple the makeup of Yates solubles are and how seemingly easy and affordable the components are ...

Yates All Purpose Soluble Grow (25 - 5 - 8.8)

- Potassium sulfate (10 - <30%)

- Diammonium phosphate (10 - <30%)

- Monoammonium phosphate (10 - <30%)

- Urea (30 - 60%)

- Trace elements (1 - <10%)

Yates All Purpose Soluble Flower & Fruit (14 - 2.6 - 21)

- Potassium sulfate (30 - 60%)

- Diammonium phosphate (10 - <30%)

- Monoammonium phosphate (10 - <30%)

- Urea (10 - <30%)

- Trace elements (1 - <10%)

Trace elements for the Flower & Fruit one (% w/w):

- 9.7 Sulfur (S) as sulfate
 - 0.004 Boron (B ) as Sodium borate
 - 0.01 Manganese (Mn) as sulfate
 - 0.0003 Copper (cu) as sulfate                      
 - 0.004 Zinc (Zn) as sulfate
 - 0.5 Magnesium (Mg) as sulfate                          
 - 0.001 Molybdenum (Mo) as Sodium molybdate
 - 0.18 Iron (Fe) as Sodium Ferric EDTA                         
No calcium in this case. No cadmium/arsenic/etc either though ... get MiracleGro if you want some of that shit.

So Veg vs Flower is basically exactly the same product, just with swiched levels of Potassium sulfate <> Urea

1x N source, 1x K source, but 2x P sources (dia + monoammonium)... anyone know why? (some plants prefer one over the other? one releases faster than the other?)  And I wonder if cannabis needs both or could we get basically the same result from just 1 of the phosphates

Checking on google and ebay it seems all of those four main ones can be bought for ~$10/kg, and I haven't noticed any regulations or warnings or "Cannot send to WA" or whatever yet, but as they're fertilizers I'm still a little hesitant to order any yet without checking more into making sure it's legally ok and not on any funky lists - anyone know? Oh, and from reputable source - I don't do Chinese heavy metal.

But seeing as it would work out to only about $40 to end up with 4kgs of the base nutes which is ~90% or whatever of total nutes, and gives you total NPK control, and they last for ages if stored well... it's looking a tempting option if possible.

ps. not Aussie but interesting "DIY hydroponic nutrients" page - http://www.mbferts.com/searchquick-submit.sc?keywords=DIY+Hydroponic+Fertilizer

Even better, some bloke put together a list of homemade DIY recipes for commercial hydro nutes! http://support.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/t/diy-your-own-name-brand-nutrients/6140

Edited by alienpuppy

no you can keep your dynamic lifter and blood & bone out of my hydro tank thanks :)

Sulphate of ammonia, sulphate of potash, super phosphate, packet of Manutac trace elements.

yep that's basically the direction i'm leaning ... one of each of the main for N P K, and a bag of something like Manutec to take care of all the traces, maybe even the secondaries too but i havent had a chance to look into which has what yet

just had a look at Manutec Trace Elements, how does she look?

%w/w
10.00 Calcium (ca) as Carbonate and Sulphate
 2.90 Magnesium (Mg) as Carbonate and Sulphate
12.00 Sulphur (S) as Sulphate
 5.00 Manganese (Mn) as Sulphate
 5.10 Iron (Fe) as Sulphate
 5.10 Zinc (Zn) as Sulphate
 1.00 Copper (Cu) as Sulphate
 0.50 Boron (B ) as Sodium Borate
 0.006 Molybdenum (Mo) as Molybdate

And here's Yates Trace Elements, no calcium though and a lot weaker ... again %w/w:

0.53 Sulfur (S) as Sulphate

0.34 Iron (Fe) as lignosulfonate chelate
0.34 Magnesium (Mg) as lignosulfonate chelate
0.34 Zinc (Zn) as lignosulfonate chelate 
0.26 Maganese (Mn) as lignosulfonate chelate 
0.13 Boron (B ) as lignosulfonate chelate 
0.043 Copper (Cu) as lignosulfonate chelate 
0.005 Molybdenum (Mo)as lignosulfonate chelate 

Edited by alienpuppy

2x veg 2x flower haha. Well not me but friend with terminal cancer im helping to set up due to success with thc+cbd during his ongoing chemo, but he doesnt have easy access to a hydro shop and things aren't going to get any easier for him so we're looking into all options with consideration to his situation.

he's grown hydro before in the past and i think the only way he knows, plus he already built a growroom and watering system for hydro. It wouldnt be much of a problem if we decide to switch to soil or coco though, might dent his pride a bit, but I'm looking into all options for him. His main thing is he wants it to be easy enough for his wife, and ideally without having to require things from hydro shops for a variety of reasons including he doesn't have any local ones, and would prefer Bunnings/Coles etc. Also with the cancer he's got he doesn't know if he's got 20 days or 20 years to live, which throws a spanner in the works when it comes to quantity

Sulphate of ammonia, sulphate of potash, super phosphate, packet of Manutac trace elements.

These will work, just have to work out the right ratios to mix, got all them at home, might have a play see what works

Might go 50grams of ammonia, 50 of phosphate and 10 of potash, and one spoonful(spoon in packet) of trace elements per gallon

just need to work out how much water to add, two buckets should be safe enough, no idea really,

might experiment a bit see if I cant kill something