The Mighty Volcano!

yeah gotta agree with ya thinking there Dave. Never tried the Volcano myself, but have just bought a Vapour Genie, and I must say I'm furkin impressed by it.

I can't imagine a Volcano givin me 10X the quality of stone I'm getting from the Genie for 10X the price. Someone's makin a killin out of em that's for sure.

When I shopped around for an introductory vape buy, I too could not find or understand the reasoning behind the exhorbitant price for the Volcano. I must admit though, it does get brilliant reviews all round.

Cheers.

Another thing with the Volcano is that it was one of the first proper vapes out there (2003 High Times Cannabis Cup i think it was released), and its price figure was set back then and hasnt really changed since. But since that time and especially in the last couple years a lot more vapes have come on the scene, and it seems there are at least one or two vapes that have the upper-hand on the Volcano. The Super Vapezilla seems to be the #1 at the moment, but that's about the same price as a Volcano at US$500. The regular Vapezilla is US$400, basically the same deal but not digital. Still though I don't see much difference between the Volcano and the US$99 V-Tower, which is the one I'm leaning towards at the moment

I must admit though, it does get brilliant reviews all round.

Yep, the only thing wrong with Volcano is the price :thumbsup:. it's a quality product

Edited by Oz

Hey dave, I see where your comming from and I agree that the price of the volcano seems a bit steep, so steep that they have priced themselves out of most peoples budget.

about 15 years ago I spent over $200 on a double chamber bong and I've still got it cause it's made from very thick top grade glass it's been dropped and knocked off the coffee table soooooo many times it would of broken 100's of times if it was some $35 piece from the local shop, but at the time most of me mates were all "$200 on a billy your fuckn mad rovert" but I recken I've got allot more than $200 bucks worth outta that thing and its still going strong.

If I was going to buy a cordless drill tomorrow for example I would buy the $300 makita over the $99 GMC , wouldnt you? cause I know the makita is going to last at least 3 times longer it's going to be nicer to use and have more grunt.

the point is you usually get what you pay for Ive read about plenty of people sending their cheap vapes back for new heating elements or having to buying new whips or just not beeing happy with the product :thumbsup: , I have never heard of a volcano packing it in yet nor have I heard a bad review.

I did look at the vapezilla and a few other vaporizers that are a touch cheaper, I just wonder why they dont sell anywhere near as well as the volcano :peace: not as much advertising maybe

Edited by Oz

rovert you make a lot of good points and i understand what you're saying :thumbsup:

But the Volcano is 2003 technology with a pricetag that hasnt changed ... there have been several advances made in vaporizers since then, and those are actually cheaper. In other words, the best product isn't always the most expensive.

The unique thing about Volcano is that because it was ahead of its time it was able to make a name for itself and set the price at anything it wanted, and now it is seemingly sold on reputation alone. Nowadays there are more advanced vapes such as the Super Vapezilla which from all accounts do a better job than the Volcano, yet simply because it's new it's not as well known and thus not as well advertised, but that lack of public knowledge doesn't make it an inferior implement.

In other words, you CANNOT judge a vaporizer simply because it has a high pricetag. Just look at the "Limited Edition Green Volcano" for example, the only difference is that it's painted green yet it costs nearly half a grand more -- the Volcano manufacturers are obviously aware that people are willing to burn money on it.

Heya Dave , when you work out which one is the best pls let me know , cause i have got the 99$ one advertised on this site and i dont like it at all ... in fact its going in the bin ... serves me right for being a tight-ass :thumbsup:

i definately want one that heats the air not the plate .. even if it is 800 bux :peace:

:)

Guest niall

A new model Volcano is due out soon - digital temp readout but I haven't heard if there's any other change. I doubt it, Storz & Bickel have a really bad reputation in the vapouriser community as being profiteers and they'll drag the Volcano on for as long as they can, at as high a price as they can.

I still prefer inhaling bags through ice/water filtration with the Vriptech anyway - bags alone are convenient and portable, but they can dry your throat out and get harsh pretty quickly.

The only development I'm waiting for is a small, quiet, portable replacement for the Steinel heat gun - something medical grade, but small and comfortable to hold. To be used both in upright bag mode as well as a heat source for bong style vapes, even dry pipes. Hopefully a cordless version is in development, with fine grained control over the temps and airflow, plus preset buttons so you can dial in to several presets quickly. Oh and something without exposed metal or heat surfaces so that it can be handled without fear of burning your hands or the carpet if you drop it.

But saying all of that, I still believe that the real future is in liquid cannabinoid extracts being vapourised by a tiny, handheld, battery operated device about the size of a pipe or cigar. Something that can accurately control dosage. This kind of development requires a legal cannabis industry, or worst-case the pharmaceuticalisation of cannabis extracts and synthetic cannabinoids. I suspect this is what Cannasat, GW and others are working towards - Big Tobacco have the same type of technology in reserve.

But even then, I'd be happy simply going down to the local "coffeeshop" and having a few pints of low-potency cannabis shakes - something that approximates the level of intoxication of a standard pint of beer so it's familiar and predictable in its effects. Then just eat a meal when you want to come down, easy!

My volcano arrived about 4 days ago, I was out of town and couldn't wait to get back when I was told that it had finally been delivered, well........ it only took about 10 days but was kinda hanging out to try it out as I'm sure you'll understand.

Anyway to make a long story short it's very smooth, tastes quite good I've tryed 3 different types of gear and they all tasted alot different, the high is'nt as heavy as with smoking and it just seems sort of cleaner without the smell and the smoke .

It bit take a few bags before we got the right heat ( we found 5 was more than enough for very dry stuff).

my mate is a long time, die hard bong smoker and reckens the volcano was heaps better tasting and got him just as bent as off 1 bag as he would off 2-3 cones.

I'm more of a joint person myself and found 2-3 bags were about the same as a average J and I think I'd rather the high off the volcano.

you can get 3 people pritty high off half a gram with this thing with nice gear so thats not bad in my books.

Over all....... yep they are bloody expensive for what they are really, but they sure do what they're made for. if that makes sence. I gave up the tabacco almost two years ago so it was a bit of a treat to myself and it's another step in a healthyer direction and it looks like it's going to stretch out the stash a bit longer if ya know what i mean hehehehe so For me I think it's going to be a good investment in the long run but we'll see i suppose.