The Mighty Volcano!

The old farts around here might remember that I used to be a huge fan of bongs (double-chamber with tar catcher, naturally!) and joints.

However 3-4 months ago, I bought a Volcano Vapouriser. It was bloody expensive as it costs about $800AUD although I was lucky enough to pick mine up for just under $500AUD but I don't use as much weed anymore plus, I'm not inhaling lots of burnt material which means no coughing up crap the next morning and no more sore, red eyes to spoil my high! :peace:

I put about a joint's worth of bud (no more tobacco yay!) into the chamber which lasts me 4-6 hits which I'm likely to take over 2-3 days. That's pretty economical!! The other plus I've found is that you can really TASTE the weed. You can switch strains between bags and really create a fantastic high. It's also great to pass around at parties as it's not really like smoking any more (for those straights out there). :thumbsup:

The unit has it's own temperature control dial and a thermostat to hold the temperature. No messing about with lighters or finding burnt bits of weed in the residue. I'm a bit lazy to clean it, but most ppl clean it every 4-6 months depending on use.

Things I don't like about it include: the cost, the sound of the fan when you fill the bag and the slowness of it to fill the bag (I have a slightly older model which has a slower fan). I would also love to see a portable version of this but don't want to think about the cost of it! One other thing - I still do sometimes miss the 'ceremony' of rolling a J and smokin' it so from time to time I still do that but most Volcano users have sworn off any unhealthy methods of smoking in favour of their new Vapouriser. Each to their own, I s'pose! :peace:

That's about it for now. Please reply if you also have a Volcano, have ever tried one (apparently more and more coffee shops in the 'Dam have one for public use) or are interested in getting one! :toke:

Hey BB, yeah theres one here mate. It's a good machine. I tried a friend's first and was sold on the idea.

The machine is also a must for medicinal cannabis requirers imo.

I don't smoke anymore and use it every night. The mouthpiece gets stripped down about once a week or 2 for metho or alcohol cleaning. Also strip down the chamber. Trim the bag down a little or change it.

If you like parties, try putting on a real long german bag and leave the tie on it. You end up with huge long bags of vapour, with a sling.. its pretty cool.

I don't mull up for this machine either.. could be laziness, but I find it hardly makes a dif. Just push in enough bud, unmulled for the session size. For me alone, quarter to half a chamber. Fill around 3-4 bags, about 500mm, on temps between 6.5 and 7. Then tap out the chamber and you have this sort of toasted bud in the shape of the chamber. Then I pick it up and push it back in the chamber upside down. So the top, less cooked part is in first. Then toast that side for another 3 or 4 bags, on temps between 7 and 8. Watch till there is no vapour coming thro anymore then change or add bud.

All that is slightly tweeked with more bud, or different bud, or hash, or longer/shorter bags. Not sure if overal it uses less bud than smoking did. Sure gets it in better, tastes so much better too :peace:

Also, could be a bit stoogy, but I save the vaped bud from the vapor genie and run that thro the volcano and it still gives me a good buzz.

Things I don't like about the volcano- yep the price is a buga. Its an appliance really, should be as available as say a sandwich maker! Maybe an expensive one.. but not that exy.

Anyway.. I weighed up cost against lungs. Figured if I had the choice in 20 years time, to buy my lungs back now for 500-800 bucks, would I do that?

Yep. (If I don't get hit by a smoke truck, might live longer and vape longer :thumbsup:)

The price of parts like an extra mouth piece is a bit much.

And the way you get real bent and leave it filling until the bag and chamber fall off! :peace: Not really the volcanoes fault tho.

Have fun in the vol canoes :toke:

:helpsmilie: Hi,There Blackbeauty one more convert to vapeing,and a volcano at that, did ya get that ND, Blackbeauty :doh: care/s more about his lungs and health ND than the price off the volcano,same as me mate,so im not the only dork thats got a volcano for health benefits, plus the taste is so nice, :doh: ,vapeing is the way off the future in my opinion and thats only my opinion, :doh: Regards Chippy.
  • Upvote 1