• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
International Cannabis Cultivation Questionnaire
Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment

Photo

metal halide spectrums

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

WantDaChronic

WantDaChronic

Ghetto Grower

• 420 Crew
  • 7365 Posts:
  • Cannabis Photography Competition

• Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal
  • Fav. Heads:"Hydroponic"
  • Fav. Lighting: 2x 600w HPS in flower, 2x 400w HPS in vege
ebay listing

on that ebay listing it says the MH globes come in 10,000k , 14,000k and 20,000k spectrums for plants and marine aquirums. im just wondering if anyone knows what to expect from the different spectrums and which would be the best option for keeping my mothers alive?
My Current Grow Skunk #1
Cannabis Nutrient Problems with Advice and Pics If your plant is sick, click that link...

Say thanks with some bits:  bc1q2u6zm8fvmf9n6zv0kdtq0gsvhjfhdcysfss94j  (BTC Only)

F420

F420

Lfdjhbkma...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3215 Posts:
  • Interests:Cars, Bikes and my kids.
I believe that the higher the number the more Blue it has in it.

Posted Image

http://en.wikipedia....lor_temperature

if your only looking at something for mothers, its wont make a huge difference. Althought the blue is best for vegging. So I would probably shoot at something like the 14000 or the 20000 as it contains more blue, and since your not flowering. the Red isnt important to you.

olor temperature, or degrees Kelvin (°K), is a number assigned to a bulb to describe the color of light it emits. The lower the number the warmer or more to the orange/yellow side of the light spectrum is its appearance. The higher the number the cooler or more to the blue side of the light spectrum.

Here are some °K examples and their corresponding color descriptions:

yellowish

noon sun

white with blue

20000K MH

blue

Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.

SukonmiSkunk

SukonmiSkunk

Couch Locked

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1814 Posts:
  • Interests:Smoking choice ganja, growing choice ganja, guitar and mountan bike riding
  • Fav. Lighting: 400 and 600 HPS
great info there spook.. I just wonder If i should pin this?? :scratchin:
Posted Image
thankx NATH for the awesome job on the banner.....GROW POT TO SAVE THE PLANET

"The easiest way to gain control over the population is to carry out acts of terror. The public will clamour for such laws if the personal security is threatend" - Josef Stalin

OPPERATION NORTHWOODS a disturbing read where the US GOV. calls for terrorist attacks as a pretext to invade cuba... devised in 1962, declassified in 2000

WantDaChronic

WantDaChronic

Ghetto Grower

• 420 Crew
  • 7365 Posts:

• Fav. Lighting: 2x 600w HPS in flower, 2x 400w HPS in vege
well that couldn't have been answered any better so thanks spook :peace: and since it was answered so well and SS wondered if he should pin it, i'll just pin it :scratchin:

red-eye

red-eye

Planted

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Recreational
HI ,, this is good info , but the only thing is ,, i cant find a MH bulb that is over 10000k ,, please can someone advise what make of bulb i should get 600w range,, i got a BLV 40e growmaster,, but found it only has 4200k which im guessing is way to low

Edited by red-eye, 27 November 2008 - 09:39 AM.

Reverend

Reverend

The Zimmer Society

• 420 Crew
  • 2636 Posts:
  • Fav. Lighting: 400w MH Veg 600w HPS flower
If you go to the hydro shop and ask for a MH retro to suit your ballast say 400w or 600w, that is all you will be needing for the blue light.
Cheers
Reverend
Stay Safe

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

-PLATO-

red-eye

red-eye

Planted

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 Posts:

If you go to the hydro shop and ask for a MH retro to suit your ballast say 400w or 600w, that is all you will be needing for the blue light.
Cheers

Hi,, I got a Sunmaster 600w metal halide @ 7200k,, but when i was there i was told that OSRAM sont plus 600w is the best HPS money can buy for flowering,, is that tru ,, if so im gona return my phillips 600w sont plus and get the osram ,, can some one confirm if it is or not ,, or was the chap in the shop just trying to sell me the most expensive bulb??????

cheers

Red-eye

ganjagiggle

ganjagiggle

Planted

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 Posts:
around 6500k is perfect for veg. imo

nitram

nitram

Lfdjhbkma...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3364 Posts:

• Fav. Heads:Bio-Organic
Hi

This listing (140079512251) has been removed or is no longer available. Please make sure you entered the right item number.

I am currently running a 'SLAVANA' 400W Metal Arc (M59) R m400/c/u bub........... She's sweet for vedging. I believe it is in the 10000K (white with blue) as it kicks of so blue before toping of white.

I've been looking at ebay HD bulbs. GROW Lush bulbs HERE

Don't seem to be cutting it with the quality? You get what you pay for? There cheap as there philosophy is to "be the biggest , cheapest on-line hydroponic suppler".

If you want to play with 'spectrum' play around with the UV (blue) 5,000k - 10.000k.
;)
Nitty.
Nitty's Newby's choice :
DWC's Nutrrients promplem with pictures
Beneficial Insects, Mites & Organism
Fungus Gnat Control and Thrips Control

Ask not "What if" or "What will." For yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift. Just enjoy NOW.

Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment
Barneys Farm Cannabis Seeds
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.