metal halide spectrums

I believe that the higher the number the more Blue it has in it.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/0e/Color_temperature.svg/578px-Color_temperature.svg.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_temperature

if your only looking at something for mothers, its wont make a huge difference. Althought the blue is best for vegging. So I would probably shoot at something like the 14000 or the 20000 as it contains more blue, and since your not flowering. the Red isnt important to you.

olor temperature, or degrees Kelvin (°K), is a number assigned to a bulb to describe the color of light it emits. The lower the number the warmer or more to the orange/yellow side of the light spectrum is its appearance. The higher the number the cooler or more to the blue side of the light spectrum.

Here are some °K examples and their corresponding color descriptions:

yellowish

noon sun

white with blue

20000K MH

blue

• Upvote 1

HI ,, this is good info , but the only thing is ,, i cant find a MH bulb that is over 10000k ,, please can someone advise what make of bulb i should get 600w range,, i got a BLV 40e growmaster,, but found it only has 4200k which im guessing is way to low Edited by red-eye

If you go to the hydro shop and ask for a MH retro to suit your ballast say 400w or 600w, that is all you will be needing for the blue light.

Cheers

Hi,, I got a Sunmaster 600w metal halide @ 7200k,, but when i was there i was told that OSRAM sont plus 600w is the best HPS money can buy for flowering,, is that tru ,, if so im gona return my phillips 600w sont plus and get the osram ,, can some one confirm if it is or not ,, or was the chap in the shop just trying to sell me the most expensive bulb??????

cheers

Red-eye

Hi

This listing (140079512251) has been removed or is no longer available. Please make sure you entered the right item number.

I am currently running a 'SLAVANA' 400W Metal Arc (M59) R m400/c/u bub........... She's sweet for vedging. I believe it is in the 10000K (white with blue) as it kicks of so blue before toping of white.

I've been looking at ebay HD bulbs. GROW Lush bulbs HERE

Don't seem to be cutting it with the quality? You get what you pay for? There cheap as there philosophy is to "be the biggest , cheapest on-line hydroponic suppler".

If you want to play with 'spectrum' play around with the UV (blue) 5,000k - 10.000k.

;)

Nitty.

• Oz unpinned this topic