Australian likely to escape death for cannabis

If singapore's laws in the past contributed to drug bosses gaining power it was only because of laws which made drugs illegal. The answer to that problem is legalisation.

Harsher laws only increase human suffering and surely you don't believe the education and economy will fall apart if the people are free to choose whether or not to take drugs? :helpsmilie:

Edited by pipeman

hey but singaporean have a junky mentality.. since of the opium trade (chinese in singapore)

plus the mass importation.. legalistaion in singapore is not an option- since they will be perceived negativly by the western oppressors..

the economy has come a long way..

Before the problem was the laws didnt have a strong way to enforce them and people would just bribe there way out.. so any external nationalities who try to exploit the laws are delt with harshly.. i dont agree with the laws onces again.. just you have no option when u compare the former malay state to just a city

people use singarpore as the trade route for the single reason its the developed nation.. they dont use indonesia or bangkok n e more..

so if u choose to exploit singpores position in the world as a "safe-place" to try import export drugs (im talking about van ngyuen) then its the risk u take as for law of the land..

i am in no way for any legal precedeings against cannabis. im talking just udner the legal definition of drugs.. (and we no canabis should not be ther BUT IT Is)

Hey 123 you should go off and read about the British East India Company(empire) as you don't understand whats going on,I can assure you that the drug dealing owners of the BEIC where the movers and shakers behind the draconian drug laws introduced at the beginning of the 20th century as this company that got the British Crown (Navy&Army) to do its bidding figured out that more bucks could be made by banning a product they sold and had so much power they got the British Gov. to attack China several times to force China to allow the BEIC to smuggle and distribute their product OPIUM into China ,Hong Kong was a spoil of war from the last Opium War not like the modern concept of a war on drugs/wank but a war to push addiction,well fuck me eh?Singapore was there launch base for this opium trade into China ,I believe the same wealthy families that owned the BEIC the rich elite of Britain and N.E. USA and made enormous profits from addiction would never all of a sudden gain a conscience and moral values and willingly give this money and power away and remembering they were so powerful as to force the Brit Gov to do there bidding,no it was there plan ,ban it but continue to do business but separate themselves from direct involvement but still be controlling it and making the now staggeringly fabulous profits now its illegal. This continues to this day,under the Taliban opium production was almost zero now this year its the biggest bumper crop ever ,now you know the real truth behind the invasion of Afghanistan to regain control over opium production. Profit is all that matters to these amoral sub-human trash and the most profit comes from addiction:oil,tobacco,sugar,alcohol,opium etc. :helpsmilie:

hey jess stone.. i do know about the british east india company.. im just commenting on the present solution.. and the british east india company didnt have too much to do with singapore directly.. since that gained independance in the 70's when they brought in a G.C - Gurkha Contingency in to stop the racial violence.. Brtish India ended in 47 with the devision of a few nations.. and the non vote of nepal not to join the indian union..

I no my history, i no the tactics the british pigs used, im not justifiy why the laws are present or not, just why they need to be enforced for forieners.. coz we no white countrys are way to quick to discredit an asian nation if they allow drugs to be decrim.. singapore has a hardstance on alot of things not just drugs..

For the Record jess.. i no all these facts.. READ MY POINTS>> IM NOT DEFENDING DRUG LAWS>. im defending singpore position on it..

Dont question me like a fool as i no all the tactics of the british.. and how the tricked scammed and abused asian cultures..

My only defence is on singapores stance.. not Governements and Drug laws..

For the Record, I am a direct decendant of People who serve.worked.used abused by the british east india company.. so i no alot more than what can be "read" since that is the same kind of exploitatin and mis direction (history) they use with mis information with drugs..

Independance in 65 *corecction* just so no little points of arguments. reform started in 70's

Singapore was part of malaya till the 70's[independance].. so you have to talk of all malaysia if u talk of the british india company..

All i am saying is that in this induvidual case.. since singapore is a city totally reliant on others for non econmical input (i.e food and agriculture) its like saying.. Dont wear shoes into the house, u bring dirt from the outside in.. Dont bring Drinks and Food into the carpeteed room.. etc etc.. people who bring drugs into singpore choose to cross borders.. there is very little chance that it was locally produced.. THAT IS MY POINT!!

i am offended you tell me to read up on the B.E.I.C- and assume i no nothing as i can assure u i no alot..

Edited by 123abc

i do no the monopoly and the hype created (and profits) by making drugs illegal..

im talking on the matter of singarpore alone.. Remmber this is a City-State.. No such thing as the Drought for Aussie Farmers.. this is Australia being just Sydney....

Singpore is one of the most densly populated regions in the world..

I got nothing against any drugs (hey i love drugs) but i do have an issues with certain forgien influences being brought into a country knowing it can provide mass profit (defeats the profit sence).. kinda like bringing in mass American TV and making enormous profit on MTV Barbie Sales.. Cannabis cultivation should be legal in all of asia since its native.. if its imported cannabis- thats a differasnt story and the way the police have described the pacaging.. i assume it is--

Singpore Suffers by not having a country side.. it thrives on being on a major world trade route.. if it were trading human slaves and got busted for that.. would the world take it seriously even though arabs think its acceptable..? same thing im gettin at with drugs.. Western World People (due to propganda by the govs) look negativly on Drugs as a whole.. should singapores status of a rich developed nation suffer just because of that.

Lesser of Two Evils

Singapore is a trade city.. for trade- if u choose to trade drugs out of singapore take the risk.. its all about not paying tax.. not the contraband it self- Chew Gum get fuckd up.. coz they dont sell gum u didnt pay tax.. remmber Tax=Protection Money.. Drugs come from the outside world since no country side (95 percent).. hence no tax is paid.. and the legal drug smugglers are connected in the governement same as in australia!

Edited by 123abc

123abc my vitriol is not directed to the repressed masses that make up the population of the fascist dictatorship that is Singapore or what I suspect is your CITY of origin's general population? So if your in Singapore and you grow you must be a crazy :punk: mofo but if your an ex-pat Singaporean living in Oz and growing why don't you grow in Singapore ? if its such a "wonderful" place, oh yeah thats right they have head ripping off long drop murder for 500+grams of cannabis,so civilised isn't it? :thumbdown:

but to you personally :helpsmilie:

Edited by Jess Stone

actually im not from singapore.. dont assume- it will get u places u dont want to be =)

so to be informed in this day n age of the internet must equate to region of birth.. so for you to no about the british east india company means you must be sub continental, that is the case with the logic you use..

i am not born in singapore or let alone any where in south east asia.. i just no facts because singapore is a hub and meltin point and not to forget to mention has a GDP per capital that is on par with the richest nations of western europe..

the laws of singapore are no stricter than when in england it was a crime to be non protestant/catholic etc etc..

i have family in singapore left over from the british tyranny also in hong kong and brunei... i know about the british east india company but i also no about singapore.. you cant clamp all the negatives about governments as a whole (gov=gang) and then try and push that onto a general broadcast about singapore, the place has been a trade route before van deman was even born, im just saying if u gonna smuggle drugs why not smuggle em out of malaysia. if u try and exploit singapore safe haven status as a departure point to avoid suspicion then the other side of that is tough penaltys. such is the case with van nguyen.

We all know a singapore departure stamp looks alot beter than say Rangoon or Phenom Penh when u are white and skinny(or have a western passport) and have eye bags =) .. Jess when u speak take all varibles into account before generalising asia as a whole just because thailand and nepal are the only coutrys in south and s.e asia to be never governed and colonised by a european power.

fuck me dead jess you got a hell of an axe to grind or a major chip on your shoulder cuz you are being so selective in your responses and arguments it's as ludicrous as the peeps your bagging with such unabsolved haterd....

slow down bro, listen to the birds and shit, have a cone and then reply. might help actually reading peeps replies once or twice before doin so as well. another point while i'm on your case is please break up your replies into paragraghs or at least different points of view, makes a stoner need to read 4 or 5 times before replyin when in such block text.

Reading btw the lines in most of 123's posts's an not just this thread it wouldn;t take that much, let alone einstein to guess where he's descended from, he's given enuff clues..... still stuck then think very mountainous region in northen asia.

now to address the topic at hand, the drug laws in singapore (let alone the world) are pretty fucked up and need to be changed but changing em and tryin to beat are them 2 very different things... then there's flouting em...

I support all 3 forms but i also know that in different places different actions of mine will cause different reactions from the LEO in that region/country.

if ya dont wanna lose and are gunna complain if ya do it's pretty simple dont play the game w/o knowing the rules beforehand cuz it aint easy changing the rules midgame no matter where ya are....

peace

c

Edited by Chato