Big Day Out Bans Australian Flag !

In the case of the WW1 they didn't fight for Australia they fought for the "Mother Country", for Empire,for King (of another country) lets be honest here where stoners and should be more aware of the issues behind the issues and the truth is, its a CONVICT flag,I'm middle aged and ever since I can remember I have not been all that proud of it with its British Jack in the corner and the same colours as the U.J. ,when I was a little punk kid they still played the National Anthem at the movies which was God Save the Queen and the patrons would stand for it , I didn't because it didn't seem right to me even as a kid, what about the never ending confusion between Oz and NZed flag? Besides all of this ramble the whole story is a shameful beatup by the Daily Telegraph the racist slimebags ,they don't want you to know real news like for instance there is a US carrier fleet in the Persian Gulf and a 2nd carrier fleet is heading there now what is the USA up to ? Attack on Iran ? :scratchin:

Jess...Your rambling bullshit is only surpassed by your ignorance on the topic of the Australian flag.

The Australian National Flag symbolises Australia's historical links with Britain (Union Jack) and Australia's location in the Southern Hemisphere (stars of the Southern Cross). The larger seven-pointed star represents the six original states and the Territories of the Commonwealth.post-6835-1169945101_thumb.gif

Edited by postman

Jess to this day.. england is the mother country as the queen is the head of state.. hence why the governer general (representative to the queen) is considered the highest position. Me Personally i dont agree with the Union Jack or national anthem(God save the queen) because as a proud australian but ethnic one-it doesnt represent any of my true history since being in this country- but i let it be coz me sooking about it wont change the present matters of today as i am not native australian(aboriginal).

Post man is right in that sence.. i dont think our flag is a Convict flag, More showing representations that the laws of this country were based on British Common Law and if i remmber right.

New South Wales was the Only independant territory/colony and the other states were directly still governed by an english men.

i could be wrong with that comment above..(but its right to some extent)

Alot of people fought under the union jack in WW1, my people were hired as mercenarys(recruited straight from the king of my nation) and also alot were part of the B.I Army's - in gallipolli and another campaighn we were the only units to make it to what was the objective only to be shot down by british friendly fire from Gun ships

Persoanlly.. i would like to see the union jack scrapped off the flag with acid.. But every man to their own.

As for the US and Iran.. Australian joining the US Wars has always been a part of the allied nations.. but to mingle in these affairs is death i say, we are geographically asians- and need to respect our neighbours alot more, because they are stronger then us. Big Brother America and England in dire straights will lock up the doors and say fight for your selves just like in WW2. America had the Bomb.. thats like being the only person in the room with a gun, you can tell any body to suck your dick while barking like a dog.. the matter changes when two people have the same gun on opposite sides.

Iran has allied with Venu- Chavez hates the US and is geographically positions to threaten US Homeland Security.. Complicated War this is- but no war is easy.

America have alot of enemys not even half of them are muslims

only 1/3 of them are "haters" the people who hate who ever is at the top..

Most are friends betrayed for petty reasons then told- if you have somthing to say,swallow it or we will bomb u or cut of your supply!

New South Wales was declared a british colony in the name of King George 111 on the 26th january 1788. Sovereignty over british colonies is vested in the Monarch in Parliament who is part of the Westminster Legislature, therefore no change in the legal position occurred in 1801 when the United Kingdom was first formed

On the death of George 111 in 1820, sovereignty over the colony of New South Wales was vested in the new Monarch in Parliament George 1V. By his death in 1837, the colony of New South Wales was already divided into three distinct colonies...New South Wales, Van diemen,s Land ( Tasmania) and South Australia. On his death sovereignty was transferred to the new Monarch in Parliament Queen Victoria. New South Wales was divided into five colonies by 1859.

Tasmania 1825

South Australia 1836

Victoria 1850

Queensland 1859

Western Australia 1829 founded as a separate colony

All colonial boundries were completed by 1863

Off topic but i thought it may be of interest .

Geez Louise are some of you lot thickheads or what ? (answer for at least 3 of you=YES)If you aren't aware of the average WW1 diggers moral rationale for going to fight in a FOREIGN war on the other side of the planet than you should be,the prevailing mindset was to go "back" and defend the "Mother Country" , I at NO stage stated that the ANZAC units fought under the Union Jack but the mindset was just that. Fuck me are you kidding me about what you perceive to be my understanding of this topic? Fuck off ,my families been in OZ longer than most of you lot unless your Kouri? and we were not CONVICTS infact we paid to come and live here. The rag er I mean flag which I totally understand its origins, is a JOKE ,its nothing to be proud of,its just a filthy blood soaked rag,and its divisive it does not represent the original inhabitants nor later new comers just one group the ENGLISH,even though the Scots flag and some sort of Irish flag are incorporated on it, these countries were conquered by the English as well and held animosity towards the English and there flag.

I'll state it again ,its a diversion from the REAL news ,so the sheeple will think about trivialities like this issue instead of real and important issues,wake up suckers! :thumbdown:

Stuff the Iranians if they continue to fight a proxy war with the US by meddling in Iraqi they deserve to be bombed out of it , or whatever it takes

Our way of life is totally reliant on oil so its going to follow that we will have to fight for it, either that or curl up in the corner and die. :doh:

:thumbdown:

Ease up on the personal attacks Jesse, there's no need for it. I haven't been a member of this forum long, but what i've witnessed so far is that tend to twist the truth to suit yourself and if no one agrees with your opinion, you go off the deep end. Maybe debating political topics is something you should stay away from until you can debate them in a civilized manner. :thumbdown: