Reefer Madness gets put in it's place!

I was looking through the encylopedia. Encarta, microsoft style, when I came across an entry for Reffer Madness.

I thought I'd cut and paste it here for a gander.

cheers................

Reefer Madness

Reefer Madness, motion picture about the dangers of marijuana smoking. Released in 1936, this film tells the story of Bill and Mary, two ordinary teenagers looking for a good time. The local drug dealers give them some joints and soon everyone in school is over at Bill's house. The teens experience extreme reactions to the drug and are prone to strange hallucinations, which lead to sex, murder, and crazy piano playing. The school principal chides Bill for his sagging tennis game, and misery and jail time ensues. This film is often noted as one of the silliest propaganda films ever made.

Alternate Titles

Tell Your Children

The Burning Question

Dope Addict

Doped Youth

Love Madness

Director

Louis Gasnier

Cast

Dorothy Short (Mary)

Kenneth Craig (Bill)

Lillian Miles (Blanche)

Dave O'Brien (Ralph)

Thelma White (Mae)

Carleton Young (Jack)

Warren McCullum (Jimmy)

Pat Royale (Agnes)

Josef Forte (Dr. Carroll)

Harry Harvey, Jr. (Junior)

Trivia

Actor Dorothy Short's other films include Spooks Run Wild (1941) and Assassin of Youth a.k.a Marijuana (1937)

Principal (to Bill, regarding his marijuana use): "Isn't it true that you have, perhaps unwillingly, acquired a certain harmful habit through association with certain undesirable people?"

Lines from the movie poster:

"Women Cry For It-Men Die For It!"

"The Sweet 'Pill' That Makes Life Bitter!"

"Drug-Crazed Abandon!"

"Reefer Madness." Microsoft® Encarta® Encyclopedia 2001. © 1993-2000 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Anyway, something to pass the time.....

rob

See Also: "Reefer Madness"

Guest Urbanhog

Hey Rob, if you are interested, you can get these titles on DVD (if you got one) from JB's Hi-Fi Stores in Brisbane and Southeast QLD and Gold Coast areas, my brother just recently got the whole collection for just about $15-$20 bucks a title I think as these stores sell heaps of wicked stuff in cheap prices, I got my digtial camera there for $499.00 it was worth $799.00 for a awesome 2.2megapixel camera.

cheers B)

Thanks mate, but no thanks. I watched reefer madness once when I was about 17 with my dad. We both smoke together, and he took it out as alaugh. He had seen it before he started to smoke, and I think he said he was scared of pot by it originally.

I don't know if I'm just over sensitive, I probably am, but I can't stomache it mate.

I just can't sit still and shut up long enough to watch something that was built on such an intentional fabrication of lies.

The "peers" of out society made that film. The law makers, the church leaders, the people that society would have us look up to! It scares me to think of what I believe today that is built on the same intent on other matters.

Sorry mate, I think I'm too sensitive.

thanks anyway.

Bloody good price on the camera but

rob

the peers of out society can suck the nitrogen enriched urine from my wang for all the fucked up shit they do. respect.

urbanhog, nice price on that camera mate... you shoould go into the buy shit cheap and inflate it business... youd make a considerable profit.. heh

hooroo,

jim

Guest Urbanhog

What ya mean Rob...but..??

I thought I got a good deal, brought at start of this year, it's KodakDX3500, it might be a older version/model, but it also came with 64MB Flash Memory Card, and a "docking station" to make photos downloads easier, specially for lazy stoners :unsure:, all you have to is press a button and all the works is done!!, it also came with a Kodak software to edit, re-size your pics, etc., got it as a package I saw some shops selling the whole lot seprated and will end up costing nearly $800, but I orginally wanted to by 3.3 or higher Megapixels for nice fine pictures, but saw the special, and ended up buying it, and had more cash in my pocket, and that went to upgrading my grow area, brought some nice wines and single malt scotch that knocked me back for $85 a bottle, and got some wicked meats and made Roast Canna-Lamb for my guest and myself B)

Guest Urbanhog

Tired to add my picture, but its said:

THE FOLLOWING ERROR(S) WERE FOUND

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You cannot upload this type of file

what am I doing wrong, I am only trying to add a simple jpeg file of my chilli plants??? Ozstoner?? Anyone?? B)

• Admin
Tired to add my picture, but its said:

THE FOLLOWING ERROR(S) WERE FOUND

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You cannot upload this type of file

what am I doing wrong, I am only trying to add a simple jpeg file of my chilli plants??? Ozstoner?? Anyone??  B)

The jpeg file type is allowed?? I can only quess the file your uploading is too big... try cutting it down

Try to keep these posts as news posts too please... This is the Off-Beat News Forum