The CLAW!

Rams horning bil? Are you talking about when the plant keeps wanting to grow the very end tip out, sort of like it doesn't ever want to stop flowering? I have had that with some Jack Herer and just had to decide to chop a couple unfinished at 12 weeks. That was more strain specific though, a sativa problem some strains have in finishing indoors.

In regards to the pgr's, ok I don't use them.

I accept what you and others are saying that adding it raises the EC, so how high are we talking?

Those earlier pics looked quiote normal to me the use of pgrs makes them grow into them selves
Normal? Leaf curl is not normal. Makes them grow into them selves? Oh really, how?
This leaf curl problem can be negated some wahat by diluting your product (rock juice ,super bud etc) down to 1/4 strength and then using it likle its full strength
If it's specifically for buds why do the manurfacturers advise a near death dose?
I reduce the amounts of nutrient ec levels down to about 1/2 strength reason being higher nute temps cause a rize plant metabolism which in turn causes higher nute uptake .
Yes good idea dropping your EC for summer. I'm not so sure on your nute theory though :thumbsup:

Thing is that leaf in stoneys pic(if you look back through that whole grow) you can see when it gets a big dose and curls,... it's farked from that point on till the final bud shot, it never recovers!.

Have a look and tell me if you think the leaves have recovered and now look healthy in Chatos room 2 weeks after he admitted going too heavy on the Superbud.

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners...45511_thumb.jpg

The Claw!

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, I didn't read all of the replies, but a very common, and little known, cause of leaf curl is a microscopic mite often called broad mite, but I am not really sure if they are broad mite, could also be cyclamen mite or citrus mite, something related to them anyway. Very tiny, you won't see them without a strong magnifying glass and even then they can be hard to spot. They hang around under the leaves and chew on the new cells as they form. This is what causes the leaf curl and other distortion. These mites can also chew the white hairs from your buds so they can be real nasty. Worse than spider mite. To kill them you have to spray with any good mite spray about 3-4 times over a 2 week period. Anything that will kill spider mite will usually kill these.

PS: If it is broad mite they usually attack the centre growing shoots first and then work their way down the plant. There is also usually some puckering on the leaves between the veins. The growth eventually starts to go brown and hard too, almost like wood. I read a few more of the posts, maybe it is something totally different you are talking about.

The pictures on the Rams Horning link look very much like broad mite damage to me.

Edited by Taipan

Gee those plants of yours look unhappy, like they need a good feed

Oh ok 'Rams Horning' yer same as The Claw.

That guy had a dose of pythium, he was lucky to save those plants, must be good shit whatever he used because it is a battle.(If they recovered)

The Claw in it's most basic form is a lack of water

Osmosis(sort of like capillary action) moves water into the plant, but for this to happen effectively the amount of salt in the roots must be higher than the amount of salt in the medium.

When temps rise, the plant drinks more water. If the EC rises, the amount of water able to move into the plant decreases, so the leaves wilt.

Combine this lack of water with another twist, pH drift, and things can go haywire. So now as well as being underwatered, as the pH swings the range of nutrients available changes and deficiencies start showing up. The leaves can be damaged never to recover, carbohydrate production is reduced, flowering can grind to a halt and in worst cases death.

Notice the bronzing of the leaf in both that guys pics and some of chatos?... I bet he dosed his plants with something, damaging some roots, giving them a dose of pythium as the damaged roots decayed. Just guessing though

Edit: Thanks Taipan for the mite info. Good stuff!

Edited by bufo marinus

I agree heat is likely your issue. But I've also had weird phenotypes that have the claw, no matter what i did it was a genetic trait that would never go away. Didn't seem to effect harvest as she was a heavy yielder. Generally I would say if the claw is accompanied by yellowing of leaves then its a heat --> salt issue