Canadian Senate Report

You may of heard mention in a previous post on the forthcoming release of the Canadian Senate Special Committee on Illegal Drugs Report.

Well the report has been published and if you'd like to read it, it can be found at http://www.parl.gc.ca/37/1/parlbus/commbus...e/summary-e.pdf (mods if this link should not have been put here I apologise)

I've just finished reading the report and I thought it was amazing to say the least, a very liberal and dare I say it understanding approach to decriminilizing and regulating cannabis.

Has anybody else read the report yet and if so what are your thoughts? And do you think we can promote this sort of approach here?

Brainstorm, links of that nature are quite welcome and a much better option than pasting a 54 page document into the forums.

I just skimmed the conclusion myself but it looks like a large step in the right direction, lets hope that the Canadian Government now implements it because then other governments will probably follow suit at an increasing pace. Thank goodness that mj laws in Australia are the responsibility of the states and not John Howard, it will take the state governments long enough to make changes but at least they will not have to wait for permission from President Bush.

B)