Mongy Weed Explained

Pipeman there was a crop discovered near Singleton in the NSW Hunter valley in the 60s that was thought to be descended from early attempts at hemp farming (1800s). Apparently it was huge as no one really knew what it was then. That could be it although mongy weed doesn't look like hemp at all.

When the current location of Singleton was first discovered by Benjamin Singleton, Cannabis/Hemp was already growing wild at the location of the river ford (crossing) and surrounds on the Hunter River.

ALSO,

There was (and maybe still is) a NATIVE Cannabis Strain in Australia.

An 'Aboriginal Birthing Cave' was discovered some years ago in South Australia where Cannabis Leaves were found, 'mineralised' in an also 'mineralised' woven bark bowl near the remains of a fire site. It was presumed that the leaves were slowly burned/smouldered inside the cave to provide pain-relief during child-birth. The site was dated at around 8,000 years old, well before europeans arrived...

:peace:

• Upvote 2

Hi Everyone,

There is another mutant strain which I last saw in Singleton NSW which is in some ways similar to & yet different from Mongy/abc/dizzy etc. This mutant does not look wierd/deformed like the before mentioned strains.

This mutant has smaller 'fingers' on each of its 'fingers' & each of those smaller fingers has even smaller 'fingers', sort of layered.

The appearance of these mutant 'fingered' plants makes the leaves look like AU-50-cent coin sized 'ruffled' strawberry leaves, with no light getting through between the layered fingers. The plant does not get very big & has rich-purple stems. The leaves are green & do not turn purple. The potency I cannot comment on as I haven't tried the buds, only some young leaves.

It supposedly originated from the seed of a deformed skunk#1 which was growing in the mountains of a national park not too far from Singleton.

There are rumours about it that if you smoke too much of it you start to 'loose the plot' which is why they call it Mt. ••••• Madness.

I had one plant years ago which died too young so I got no seed from it. Since then I have found out a lot more about it & where/who it came from.

I still hear about it when in the Singleton area & will try to contact the 'hillbillies' who grow it & hopefully get some seeds/cuttings.

You could grow it in your front garden & nobody would have a clue until it flowers :D

ALSO:

I remember reading in the papers many years ago about a raid in a warehouse in Sydney where they found mutant plants which grew like a vine, had 'peanut shaped' seeds and literally dripped huge amounts of resin. They found "buckets full of seeds" during the raid according to the newspaper.

I hope someone saved some of those seeds...

---

I have a bottle of colchicine & I'm not afraid to use it :D

hello MongyMan,

i am so very impressed with your work.i have grown many strains over many years and yours is my favorite.i stopped at nothing to aquire seeds.

i thought i saw a mongy grow diary awile back?it was only for the 420 crew?is it gone?

also what would you like me to refer to these seeds as? i belive they are yours to name. :(

There was (and maybe still is) a NATIVE Cannabis Strain in Australia.

An 'Aboriginal Birthing Cave' was discovered some years ago in South Australia where Cannabis Leaves were found, 'mineralised' in an also 'mineralised' woven bark bowl near the remains of a fire site. It was presumed that the leaves were slowly burned/smouldered inside the cave to provide pain-relief during child-birth. The site was dated at around 8,000 years old, well before europeans arrived...

That would really surprise me. I'm interested in archaeology so do you have a link? There is no evidence of cannabis use by aboriginals as far as I'm aware. I think this would be well known if true.