Mongy Weed Explained

Hey MongyMan thats a really strange looking plant. What is the potency like and are you working on any crosses with other varieties.

Hey if you get anything viable you shouldu think about setting up a seed bank for it and sell through PS or others?

Now theres a thought!

I remember reading an article about a strain that existed somewhere in NSW that grew wild for many years (over 100?).

Pipeman there was a crop discovered near Singleton in the NSW Hunter valley in the 60s that was thought to be descended from early attempts at hemp farming (1800s). Apparently it was huge as no one really knew what it was then. That could be it although mongy weed doesn't look like hemp at all.

hi,

this is my first post on this site and am very pleased i came here. what brought me to this site was my quest for knowledge about this amazing strain :ack: . is it possible to get hold of any of these seeds? i live in the u.k and i gureilla grow and this strain could be extremely useful to many u.k outdoor growers :toke:

i hope this strain is not lost as it would be great to see a few crosess of this mongy weed, truly amazing.

goodluck mongyman dont give up im counting on you :(

smokey

back in the mid 90s i smoked plenty of this gear that an older couple grew in their greenhouse.

they called it 'bindi' & it was purely used as a last resort coz the high was very average.

we mainly used to use it to mix w' other weed as spin.

i live in Sydney & it was rampant around my area then one day everyone got over it.

i used to grow it out the front of my house & i even got it growing on a round-about thingie.

if the stuff was solid quality i wouldve been a lot less liberal w' where i grew it.

obviously it wasn't crossed w anything decent like i have read in mongymans post.

i wish i knew more about genetics/etc back then (& now) coz i would've liked to have a decent quality strain for myself.

strange looking isnt it, would love also to hear how it goes up in smoke? does it grow well indoors?

I reckon I must have smoked some of that, nearly 20 years ago.. didn't think I'd have to wait this fucking long to find out what it was.

I remember because I was surprised when it got me high 'cause it looked so damn weird.

I thought it had been fed some toxic chemical and if I smoked it me nuts'd fall off or something.

At last I can sleep at night. :D

The mutation was found up and down the east coast within isolated wild sativa populations, from as long ago as the the late 70s early 80s. Many tried to out cross to add potency, as all the origional lines seemed to lack potency, but the stealth trait was valuable enough to use it for breeding. Some of the origional mutant lines grew like vines and grew into massive hedges/ trellis bushes, whilst others had a short xmas tree stature. The vine version is where the myth of the cannabis hops gaft came from, whilst its possible to graft the two (same family), its a totaly useless act with no benefits, and wont produce the mutant vine.

Fet( the ozzy breeder with Dizzy) apparently found his mutant line in far north qld, would love to see u and him discuss it :thumbsup: . Not saying that u didnt find it wild 20 years ago, but i am saying that your local wild population was not the only one in oz to sport the mutation.

Much respect

Moonunit