Mongy Weed Explained

I think it should actually be Cannabis sativa subsp. australis

Maybe Frank but it might just be that normal cannabis will be called Cannabis australis subsp. sativa instead one day.

Early genetic mapping done in the USA suggests mongy is a very primitive form of cannabis and that Cannabis australis is probably the right name for it and also that it's being native to Australia is very possible. Cannabis gondwana or Cannabis pangea might be a more accurate name even. One day genetic mapping might possibly tell us that Cannabis australis is the original cannabis that all other modern cannabis has evolved from. It sure wouldn't be the first ancient or primitive plant that has been preserved here in Australia's natural isolation from the rest of the world for millennia.

that looks like Dr Grinspoon from Barneys Farm

Definitely Dr Grinspoon. That bud form pheno ( now considered by many as a unique signature Dr Grinspoon strain trait ) is very rare in normal cannabis gene pools ( a point not missed by the strains marketing department lol ) but it is a very common mongy pheno which has me wondering if Dr Grinspoon might have started out as a mongy cross and is now a mongy cross strain minus the leaf mutation. The leaf mutation is a recessive gene and easily lost, but Dr Grinspoon still appears to share a few mongy traits such as this bud form pheno and others which are not as recessive or easily lost. There are a fair few Australian gene pools that contain mongy genetics minus the leaf mutation from what I can see also (especially among sativas). Lots of people have crossed mongys to many different strains in Australia over the years and as I said above it may even be native to Australia, so it wouldn't be surprising if these Australian genetics have now also found their way overseas and there are strains from overseas that also contain mongy genetics minus the leaf mutation these days. Possibly Dr Grinspoon is one. Due to it's recessive nature the leaf mutation is easily lost from a gene pool without careful breeding (thus it's rarity) but there are many other dominant genes that are very beneficial that are easily retained that have spread far and wide easily.

:peace: MongyMan

Maybe Frank but it might just be that normal cannabis will be called Cannabis australis subsp. sativa instead one day.

Early genetic mapping done in the USA suggests mongy is a very primitive form of cannabis and that Cannabis australis is probably the right name for it and also that it's being native to Australia is very possible. Cannabis gondwana or Cannabis pangea might be a more accurate name even. One day genetic mapping might possibly tell us that Cannabis australis is the original cannabis that all other modern cannabis has evolved from. It sure wouldn't be the first ancient or primitive plant that has been preserved here in Australia's natural isolation from the rest of the world for millennia.

Definitely Dr Grinspoon. That bud form pheno ( now considered by many as a unique signature Dr Grinspoon strain trait ) is very rare in normal cannabis gene pools ( a point not missed by the strains marketing department lol ) but it is a very common mongy pheno which has me wondering if Dr Grinspoon might have started out as a mongy cross and is now a mongy cross strain minus the leaf mutation. The leaf mutation is a recessive gene and easily lost, but Dr Grinspoon still appears to share a few mongy traits such as this bud form pheno and others which are not as recessive or easily lost. There are a fair few Australian gene pools that contain mongy genetics minus the leaf mutation from what I can see also (especially among sativas). Lots of people have crossed mongys to many different strains in Australia over the years and as I said above it may even be native to Australia, so it wouldn't be surprising if these Australian genetics have now also found their way overseas and there are strains from overseas that also contain mongy genetics minus the leaf mutation these days. Possibly Dr Grinspoon is one. Due to it's recessive nature the leaf mutation is easily lost from a gene pool without careful breeding (thus it's rarity) but there are many other dominant genes that are very beneficial that are easily retained that have spread far and wide easily.

:peace: MongyMan

Everyone knew about ...norfolk island pine ..araucaria pine ...bunya pine ....etc ...and wallah ...wollemii pine the grandaddy of them all ...we live on the oldest continent on earth...

As for your other question pm me privately

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk