• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
OZ Stoners 710 Oil Vapour Pen Kit
Massive Bloom

Photo

Mongy Weed Explained

- - - - - cannabis

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

MongyMan

MongyMan

Cannabis Research Breeder

• Moderator Crew
  • 3335 Posts:
  • Interests:Cannabis Genetics and Breeding
  • Cannabis Use:Medicinal
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads), Hashish, Oil Concentrates
  • Fav. Heads:100% Organic
  • Fav. Lighting: HID and the Sun

I think it should actually be Cannabis sativa subsp. australis

Maybe Frank but it might just be that normal cannabis will be called Cannabis australis subsp. sativa instead one day.

Early genetic mapping done in the USA suggests mongy is a very primitive form of cannabis and that Cannabis australis is probably the right name for it and also that it's being native to Australia is very possible. Cannabis gondwana or Cannabis pangea might be a more accurate name even. One day genetic mapping might possibly tell us that Cannabis australis is the original cannabis that all other modern cannabis has evolved from. It sure wouldn't be the first ancient or primitive plant that has been preserved here in Australia's natural isolation from the rest of the world for millennia.

that looks like Dr Grinspoon from Barneys Farm

Definitely Dr Grinspoon. That bud form pheno ( now considered by many as a unique signature Dr Grinspoon strain trait ) is very rare in normal cannabis gene pools ( a point not missed by the strains marketing department lol ) but it is a very common mongy pheno which has me wondering if Dr Grinspoon might have started out as a mongy cross and is now a mongy cross strain minus the leaf mutation. The leaf mutation is a recessive gene and easily lost, but Dr Grinspoon still appears to share a few mongy traits such as this bud form pheno and others which are not as recessive or easily lost. There are a fair few Australian gene pools that contain mongy genetics minus the leaf mutation from what I can see also (especially among sativas). Lots of people have crossed mongys to many different strains in Australia over the years and as I said above it may even be native to Australia, so it wouldn't be surprising if these Australian genetics have now also found their way overseas and there are strains from overseas that also contain mongy genetics minus the leaf mutation these days. Possibly Dr Grinspoon is one. Due to it's recessive nature the leaf mutation is easily lost from a gene pool without careful breeding (thus it's rarity) but there are many other dominant genes that are very beneficial that are easily retained that have spread far and wide easily.

:peace: MongyMan

gallery_7617_565_5131.jpg

"Cannabis Prohibition Laws Only Cultivate Organised Crime"

"Don't let fear hold you back, Stand up for your beliefs if you believe Cannabis improves your health." Daryl D

I Support

Cannabis Compassion Australia

Putting Patients Before Profit

Cannabis was called Cannabis when Australia was founded. Marijuana was a mexican word unknown in Australia until American Reefer Madness arrived.

gallery_7617_360_6824.jpg

Say thanks with some bits:  1Ed71abMUAJ3q3XBQzYzSzJRydR58kKeT1

cardrona

cardrona

Lfdjhbkma...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2030 Posts:
  • Interests:Don Burke loves cannabis ;)
  • Cannabis Use:None
  • Fav. Heads:None
Well said ...indica is a very dominant sub sp.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

cardrona

cardrona

Lfdjhbkma...

• Members
  • 2030 Posts:

Maybe Frank but it might just be that normal cannabis will be called Cannabis australis subsp. sativa instead one day.

Early genetic mapping done in the USA suggests mongy is a very primitive form of cannabis and that Cannabis australis is probably the right name for it and also that it's being native to Australia is very possible. Cannabis gondwana or Cannabis pangea might be a more accurate name even. One day genetic mapping might possibly tell us that Cannabis australis is the original cannabis that all other modern cannabis has evolved from. It sure wouldn't be the first ancient or primitive plant that has been preserved here in Australia's natural isolation from the rest of the world for millennia.

Definitely Dr Grinspoon. That bud form pheno ( now considered by many as a unique signature Dr Grinspoon strain trait ) is very rare in normal cannabis gene pools ( a point not missed by the strains marketing department lol ) but it is a very common mongy pheno which has me wondering if Dr Grinspoon might have started out as a mongy cross and is now a mongy cross strain minus the leaf mutation. The leaf mutation is a recessive gene and easily lost, but Dr Grinspoon still appears to share a few mongy traits such as this bud form pheno and others which are not as recessive or easily lost. There are a fair few Australian gene pools that contain mongy genetics minus the leaf mutation from what I can see also (especially among sativas). Lots of people have crossed mongys to many different strains in Australia over the years and as I said above it may even be native to Australia, so it wouldn't be surprising if these Australian genetics have now also found their way overseas and there are strains from overseas that also contain mongy genetics minus the leaf mutation these days. Possibly Dr Grinspoon is one. Due to it's recessive nature the leaf mutation is easily lost from a gene pool without careful breeding (thus it's rarity) but there are many other dominant genes that are very beneficial that are easily retained that have spread far and wide easily.

:peace: MongyMan

Everyone knew about ...norfolk island pine ..araucaria pine ...bunya pine ....etc ...and wallah ...wollemii pine the grandaddy of them all ...we live on the oldest continent on earth...
As for your other question pm me privately

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

FoetusMcGinty

FoetusMcGinty

Planted

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 Posts:
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads)
  • Fav. Heads:Bio-Organic
  • Fav. Lighting: Sun
Attached File  IMG_0687.PNG   314.39K   40 downloads

cardrona

cardrona

Lfdjhbkma...

• Members
  • 2030 Posts:

Are you Curtis McGinty's brother?

Serrated edge

Serrated edge

Drug War Veteran

• Members
  • 5028 Posts:
  • Interests:Weed and mates
  • Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal
  • Fav. Heads:"Hydroponic"
  • Fav. Lighting: All

attachicon.gifIMG_0687.PNG

I bet they don't update with the real macoy ,,for fuck sake they didn't even show a seedling .lol.

Easy to write ABC on a stick and take a photo of it ..

FoetusMcGinty

FoetusMcGinty

Planted

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 Posts:
  • Fav. Heads:Bio-Organic
  • Fav. Lighting: Sun
Why’s that, does he owe you money too?
And no there was no follow up picture I could find S.E

Serrated edge

Serrated edge

Drug War Veteran

• Members
  • 5028 Posts:
  • Interests:Weed and mates
  • Fav. Heads:"Hydroponic"
  • Fav. Lighting: All
Never heard of him

Was pretty obvious it was bullshit.

ShitsNGiggles

ShitsNGiggles

Stoned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 Posts:
Someone wanted a pic of mongy seedling...Attached File  IMG-20180306-WA0013.jpeg   67.42K   26 downloads

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Edited by ShitsNGiggles, 28 April 2018 - 10:13 PM.

kloud9

kloud9

Lfdjhbkma...

• Members
  • 2985 Posts:
  • Fav. Heads:100% Organic
  • Fav. Lighting: sun
For real ?

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cannabis

Sol-Sense 315W Sol-Unit LEC Digital Ballst Kit
CYCO Platinum Series Hydroponics Nutrients & Additives
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.