Mongy Weed Explained

Well according to High Times the whole Mongy Weed thing is a hoax.

http://www.hightimes.com/read/new-pot-species-story-hoax

Other forums have pointed out that the pictures used in that story are simply re-veging clones with simple leaves.

According to the stories about how many seeds were given out and the fact that Marc Emery took heaps back to Canada, it is odd that not a single photo has appeared anywhere of a strain being developed from it.

Edited by wannagrowbuds

I was first introduced to this strain around about 35 years ago. It was known to the people who I got the seed off as "claytons." I don't know about anyones stories about where this originated. But I lived at the time, not far from Nimbin, northern NSW. My introduction to it was to see a paddock full of the stuff, in manicured rows, with a flowering shrub between every second plant. That was on the side of a hill overlooking Nimbin, for all the world to see.. No one even gave it a second glance. They had to pull it early due to infighting in their group, and needed somewhere to dry probably a hundred pound or more. So for a small fee and some seed, I volunteered. That's how I came by the seed. I played with it for many years, I even had the cops come to my rural house looking for the guy who used to live next door. I had about " a few" claytons plants in my veggie patch, dispersed with veggies. Fully in head and about 4 feet tall and 3 feet across.. I was watering the veggie patch when the cops just appeared in my yard, pulling up right beside my veggie patch. They got out of their bull wagon and asked about the guy next door. After I said I didn't know where he was, they looked straight over the veggie patch fence and said, " nice healthy veggie patch mate". As you could imagine, I shit. I didn't know if they were playing with me or not. But they got into their van and drove off. Hard to believe I spose, but a true story. I messed about with the strain for years, till finally getting busted with it through friends of friends arguing, females to be precise. Woman scorned sure applied to that bitch. I as just an innocent victim of her ire.. I haven't bothered with it for 15 odd years, and I now have no seeds. But I do regret losing my seed stock.. Anyway, it is real, if grown almost to the point of death, it is as good as average weed. And I am sceptical about anyone laying claim to its origins. I sure as hell don't know where it came from. And when I got busted with a couple of claytons plants 20 years back, the coppers sure knew about it then..

• Upvote 2

I'm not calling anyone a liar. Merely pointing out its been around for a long time. As I said, my experiences with it go back, pushing 35 years. And over the years I have heard all manner of stories about its origins. Everything from hidden Russian valleys [ a bit like the Wollemi Pine saga ], to "mad professors" experiments with colchicine induced polyploids. For all I know, Mongy-mans story about the old couple in the outlying areas of Sydney may be true. But if so, that's one hell of a mutation, from normal pot to claytons........... Its an enigma with no logical answer, certainly no answer has surfaced to convince me fully. None..