Triple J discussion with Paul Dillon

Guest bacchus

Guest bacchus
Just listened to a story on triple j's morning show discussing new legislation in s.a re hydro growing.....paul dillon from the national drug and alchohol research centre made an interesting point that due to the many mediums that hydro is grown in, there may difficulty in defining what is actually considered hydro when it comes to prosecution...i'm sure the bastards will find a way of prosecuting anyone growing in a "controlled environment"....also some interesting input from callers about the effect hydro has on them as smokers ie: stronger, harsher, left with a hangover when too many chemicals are used in the grow....anyhow just thought i would share that info with you all.....as for me personally, well i prefer bush, can't handle hydro, but each to their own....either way, i think that these laws are getting tougher and tougher and certain parts of the country have a definate "police state" air about them...ever noticed how michael costa looks scarliy like mussolini?

Guest Babybear

i agree, when ever i have alot of hydro before bed i wake up with weed hang over, im almost thinkin about goin back to bush again cause i gettin to used to it again :blink:

but i think stoppin hydro is a good thing in ways but would they class normal weed in pots with dirt still under lites hydro? casue hydro is water right? Gee i hope qld hurrys up an follows other states an chill out with the Mj laws an go bust amphetermine an morders an rapes, Our tax dollars shouldnt go to mj , wish there was ways outa payin tax but we know its BYE BYE to tax free stuff a long time ago :wacko:

My indoor crops have been hydro for about 20 years, my outdoor has always been soil with heaps of organic matter.

Don't confuse the crap you are buying with high quality home grown with heaps of TLC and the properly flushed hydro mj that comes out of a personal grow room crop. Nobody ever suffers a "hangover" or coughs their guts up after smoking my home grown hydro mj.

http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/ruinkai/coolgleamA.gif http://64.207.13.28/mysmilies/otn/glasses/smokin.gif

g'day; i've never had mj hang over, commercial growers dont flush their plants before harvest, no need to when it is only a 'cash' crop.

they say that hydro can give trippy effect, maybe they got good sativa strain. if they cant move after 3 bongs then likely it was indica strain. does not matter if it was hydro so much, imo.

another said that you can tell difference between hydro buds and bush buds by size and density of buds.

if you flush 2 weeks before harvest it will be as smooth as you ever smoked. :blink:

it's an intruguing subject, personally, i go along the same lines as tom but, a properly maintained hydro crop with enough tlc won't be harsh, and won't give you 'weed hangovers'

the idea of hydro is to recreate, even refine natural organic grows, moreso to turn over more weed in shorter periods of time than outdoor.

so therefore hydro should be just as good, if not better than 'bush' if grown in the right enviroment.

on the other hand, i've smoked some bush thats given me less of an effect than a ciggie.

i don't like the term 'bush' because theres people that throw seeds in the bush, and theres people that maintain and attend to outdoor crops as much as they would hydro if not more.

commercial growers don't give two fucks about their weed and often don't even smoke themselves, and the majority know two fifths of fuck all about horticulture.

it all come down to the grower & personal preference.

Guest GrowMad
Yeah, I agree with BP.. I think that the better plants are grown with care.. Stringy buds are usually a result of neglect. I have 6 sativas growing indoors in soil under 400w HPS. They're flowering now (coming up to 5th week) and are looking good... Unfortunately I flowered them too soon (they're only 1 1/2 ft tall each), but the buds are looking nice and compact. Just waiting for them to fill out a bit....

hey ozstoners,

is "chemicals" really the right term to use for these types of nutrients?

are'nt they refined minerals taken out of the earth and stuff like that and then just rifined into a clear liquid so it can move through our pumps and watering systems with out cloging it all up

i just think that calling these nute's chemicals gives them a really bad rap 'cause as soon as people hear chemicals they think toxic or dangerous goods so its easy to scrare people away from them or for people to blame what ever side effects they might experience on the so called "evil chemicals"

but i could be wrong ;)

this is from an online dictionary

Quick definitions (chemical)

noun: produced by or used in a reaction involving changes in atoms or molecules

adjective: relating to or used in chemistry (Example: "Chemical engineer")

adjective: of or made from or using substances produced by or used in reactions involving atomic or molecular changes (Example: "Chemical fertilizer")

Guest bacchus

great to see that this topic has caused a bit of debate and food for thought....

i don't know that the chemical hangover is a lie though, there are many experienced smokers out there who will say that there is, i myself am one of them...but i will have to take your word for it people that the only smoke that will do that is from irresponsible and inexperienced growers....

maybe people see that the ideal environment that is the hydro set up, as unnatural...you would have to admit that the growing cycle is forced....

maybe adding these nutrients does have an effect on people whether it is hydro or bush...a study has been done in europe (as well as an unofficial one up here in nth nsw) that reduced the natural plant matter down and what was left was a large residue of mineral and chemical....it cannot be out of the realms of possibility that there may be people in the world that are sensitive to these minerals which may cause an adverse reaction in their systems...hence suffer a hangover effect

look i'm not saying that i think that all these things are right, but i don't think that we can be too quick to disregard peoples physical reactions even though we have not experienced them ourselves....

oh and by the way, great to see so many guys here that grow responsibly and flush properly, then again i shouldn't expect anything else... ;)

hey bacchus,

it would have to be a fact that mj effects people in different ways just like drinking beer....... even if by that i meen you can smoke 1 gram easy but after your mate has 4 or 5 cones he starts greening out (feeling sick) same with drinking beer with mates

allso this "chemical hangover" that people are getting in the mornings........dont forget one of the side effects of smoking a shit load of killer prime bud is that you tend to get WASTED!!! you get a hangover of most substances when you take a hell of allot of them the night before getting mashed as ;)

so maybe some people come down allot harder than others just like after a hard night on the beer or what ever you party on

im just trying to say in the end your smoking to get wasted and if you get really wasted the night before you proberly wont feel that great in the morn'

Guest bacchus
allso this "chemical hangover" that people are getting in the mornings........dont forget one of the side effects of smoking a shit load of killer prime bud is that you tend to get WASTED!!! you get a hangover of most substances when you take a hell of allot of them the night before getting mashed as ;)

very true fader....

it is rare that people don't have some kind of after effect after a smoking session....

but i am talking about the kind of hangover where your head wants to split open and you feel physically ill...they aren't normal kinds of feelings for anyone that smokes on a regular basis...

all i'm saying is that we can't know how everyone reacts, and we can't say that there aren't people out there who don't genuinely react really badly to some kinds of over fed dope ;) ....i'm just saying we have to keep an open mind no matter how experienced we are..... ;)

this is an interesting topic is it not?? maybe i should move it to the bitchin' room...he he

Edited by bacchus