whitefly near end of flower.... kill em or let em be?

hi all

i have a case of whitefly. probably worse ive ever seen it. when i move the buds the little suckers fly all over the shop. i dont see any spots or other negative signs on the leaves though.

im 2 to 3 weeks max from chopping em down.

should i spray to kill the whitefly or let em be? :peace:

im inclined to let em be, because last time i had mild whitefly i sprayed em 4 weeks into flower with half strength maveric and it browned some of the pistils.

if i should spray them, what do u recommend which would be non-toxic? i dont want to be spraying maveric 2 weeks before the chop. i was thinking pyrethum or neem? what works on whitefly. :wacko:

i have no idea how these bastards get in. i used to get spider mite all the time, then i covered my inlets with stockings and i havent had spidermite for over 12 months, instead i get bloody white fly. :toke: i never used to get them when i had spidermite! maybe they were scared of the spiders :peace:

but i never see any visibible damage from the whitefly? are they that bad - or can we live in harmony? :thumbdown: a friend of mine said he had a really bad infestation late in flower and he let em be and the end result was more resinous than usual? is that wishful thinking.... or did the whitefly stress em a bit and produce more res

im going to bomb the joint with mortein flea bombs once they get pulled up though... :ack:

Hey KL, do you have a vacuum and a thin sock, or one of the missus old stockings?

Can lower the numbers a little. Same as the spilt mix method. Put the sock over the end of vacuum and give the bush a shake. Suck the dopey lil bugas out of the air.

Good luck with it, I wouldn't spray anything this late :thumbdown:

White fly adults are not much more than a nuicence as they don;t really hurt the plant however the babies are suckers , that make their way onto the leafs and suck the life from your plants

something that has worked for me in the past is to go to bunnigns and get a some small pots of Pyrethrum ( the plant itself ) , puttign this in various spot around the room and also outside will make the room a very unplesent place for them , alternativly there are always preditor insects which take care of everythign elnatural for ya :thumbdown:

hope that helps and good luck

hey there keepleft

being that far into flower mate i wouldnt go with a pestercide of anytype if they have done any damage it has already been done so i would keep going with ya grow and flush for a week and then cut them down as they dry most of them will fuck off as there will be nothing for them to hang around for i would try the vacume and sock trick as well if ya want to try and get ride of some of them

cheerz :Dj:

the vaccuum just aint doing it there way too advanced, theres too many of the buggers and reinforcements are arriving daily, there are eggs all over the shop, there going rampant....

there now almost 42 days on saturday and looking nice expcept for these white terrorists. particular sections have them all over the leaves laying their eggs and you can clearly see the eggs all over the underside of the leaves, even the leaves are starting to show a 'wet sticky' appearance.

im really tempted to spray them but i dont know if there is anything i can use 2 weeks from harvest???? is neem safe to spray now???? im busting to spray them !!!! id love to maveric them and kill em all but i know its too late for that. there must be something i can use late in flower???