Oh No,

Buddy

Get a digi with minimum 2mp and optical zoom if you can. :P Bout 200 bucks or less. :D

Yra ive been looking at a couple around the $199 mark, prices have really come down, id rather get lighting first though ;) 600w hps or digital camera.. hmm hehe.. cant wait till theyre done !

wow UGLY would cry........but then u shouldnt have that problem if you sex your plants b4 putting them into flower it is very easily done while in veg turn lights to 6 hrs for 3 days any males will show there sex which u pull and the girls that r left you put back to 18/6 and they will b ready to go ..and you wont eva have this problem of finding a male........cheers :bow:

see, now I didn't know that.......top idea and completely makes sense.

To my knowledge less than 8 hrs light will put them in death mode .....so three days at 6hrs just scares 'em into flower .........what if you just leave the lights off ..........full wilt I suppose.

Thanks WhiteSkunk :toke: I now know I have the right forum lol

Edited by machette

Nothing can make a Female plant turn male, its either female, Male or hermi. Now if yours started as females and for ANY reason went male then you have Hermi plants.

This is not exactly accurate ferengi, "Geneticaly" a plant is either male, female or hermaphrodite, but it is possible to make a female plant grow male flowers. Light stress (although very hit and miss) is one way Gibberilic acid is another. A female plant that has been forced to grow male flowers will have bannana shaped male flowers sticking out from female flowers. The pollen will be female, as there are only female genes available in the female plant and therefore any seeds will be female. This is how feminised seed is made.

The pollen will be female, as there are only female genes available in the female plant and therefore any seeds will be female. This is how feminised seed is made.
Only if the pollen is used on another pure female, a 'forced' hermie would still produce predominately hermie seeds.

Hey MM, did you realise that the post you quoted is 3 years old? :peace:

lol

I think moonlight is one of the reasons outdoor plants take longer than indoor plants. Genetics is the major of course, but I think plants with no moonlight would finish quicker

Only if the pollen is used on another pure female, a 'forced' hermie would still produce predominately hermie seeds.

lol

I would have said more that seeds inherit the genetic traits of their parents. So if a plant was forced to hermie through light stress or gib acid then yes its likely that plants grown from its seed will also be able to be forced hermie under the same conditions, but they won't necessarily be more prone to go hermie under normal/good growing conditions.

However seeds collected from plants that have gone hermie under normal conditions are a different story obviously.

Edited by neostone

• Oz unpinned this topic