Oh No,

Buddy

Yup I agree with Ferengi. I have 11 White Widow at the moment in flowering & 1 of them is a hermie, but the strangest thing with this hermie is that I had tipped the branch and the resulting two branches spun me out coz 1 was pure female & the other branch was pure male. Needless to say the male branch is history. Has anyone else had this happen?

:D

Thanks Frengi and Topnotch,that is the kind of help and information i was looking for.

So light leaks have piss-all to do with a plant changing sex ?

I have been thinking a lots about that.

Like outside plants get "extra "light from the moon,stars (to a degree),street lights,house lights etc,if the lighting thing was true,how come ALL outdoor plants don't turn male ???

I'm basically thinking out loud,but if any one could shed some "light",pardon the pun,on this matter i would be very much indebted.

Cheers.

your right in thinking about the light turning hermi plants to male, any stress to a hermi plant is what normally kicks it in to male mode.

So if you have a light leak and a hermi plant then yes, its likely that it wil turn male.

Also you dont want any light leaks in Flowering because it will cause the plant to never ripen.

on the other hand if you get decent female plants theres nothing that you can do to turn it hermi,

I like my ladies to stay ladies...........

LF

Hahah, this is my first grow.. if my plants turn out male, I WILL CRY. CRY I TELL U .. then ill just buy female clones and have a 400 and 600w light in my grow room and do it PROPERLY. Im going ok so far.. just bag seed though and pretty average setup, well, for my standards. I will have EVERYTHING for my next grow, from carbon filters to ec meters to 1000w's of lighting and decent clones/seed. Im nearly 100% sure that the strain I have is BronzeWhaler.. but we will see I guess. I have to take some photos, im going down the camera shop now to find out how much a cheapo digi camera costs.. .or i might get a disposable one, but thats kinda stupid i think. I might get the film processed at kmart and sit there and watch them do it, ;).. or get my sister to go take them in ;)

• Oz unpinned this topic