• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
Drug Detox Kits, Toxin Detox Kits, Drug Testing Kits and Medical Condition masking products
Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment

Photo

Oh No,

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Nath

Nath

Smoking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 658 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal
  • Fav. Heads:"Hydroponic"

Get a digi with minimum 2mp and optical zoom if you can. :P Bout 200 bucks or less. :D

Yra ive been looking at a couple around the $199 mark, prices have really come down, id rather get lighting first though ;) 600w hps or digital camera.. hmm hehe.. cant wait till theyre done !

Say thanks with some bits:  bc1q2u6zm8fvmf9n6zv0kdtq0gsvhjfhdcysfss94j  (BTC Only)

machette

machette

Planted

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Recreational
  • Fav. Heads:100% Organic

wow UGLY would cry........but then u shouldnt have that problem if you sex your plants b4 putting them into flower it is very easily done while in veg turn lights to 6 hrs for 3 days any males will show there sex which u pull and the girls that r left you put back to 18/6 and they will b ready to go ..and you wont eva have this problem of finding a male........cheers :bow:

see, now I didn't know that.......top idea and completely makes sense.
To my knowledge less than 8 hrs light will put them in death mode .....so three days at 6hrs just scares 'em into flower .........what if you just leave the lights off ..........full wilt I suppose.

Thanks WhiteSkunk :toke: I now know I have the right forum lol

Edited by machette, 07 August 2006 - 08:08 PM.

MongyMan

MongyMan

Cannabis Research Breeder

• Moderator Crew
  • 3731 Posts:
  • Interests:Cannabis Genetics and Breeding
  • Cannabis Use:Medicinal
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads), Hashish, Oil Concentrates
  • Fav. Heads:100% Organic
  • Fav. Lighting: HID and the Sun

Nothing can make a Female plant turn male, its either female, Male or hermi. Now if yours started as females and for ANY reason went male then you have Hermi plants.

This is not exactly accurate ferengi, "Geneticaly" a plant is either male, female or hermaphrodite, but it is possible to make a female plant grow male flowers. Light stress (although very hit and miss) is one way Gibberilic acid is another. A female plant that has been forced to grow male flowers will have bannana shaped male flowers sticking out from female flowers. The pollen will be female, as there are only female genes available in the female plant and therefore any seeds will be female. This is how feminised seed is made.

gallery_7617_565_5131.jpg

"Cannabis Prohibition Laws Only Cultivate Organised Crime"

"Don't let fear hold you back, Stand up for your beliefs if you believe Cannabis improves your health." Daryl D

I Support

Cannabis Compassion Australia

Putting Patients Before Profit

Cannabis was called Cannabis when Australia was founded. Marijuana was a mexican word unknown in Australia until American Reefer Madness arrived.

gallery_7617_360_6824.jpg

Tom

Tom

"addicted to growing"

• Members
  • 6183 Posts:

The pollen will be female, as there are only female genes available in the female plant and therefore any seeds will be female. This is how feminised seed is made.

Only if the pollen is used on another pure female, a 'forced' hermie would still produce predominately hermie seeds.

Hey MM, did you realise that the post you quoted is 3 years old? :peace:

lol

cctv456

cctv456

Planted

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 15 Posts:
  • Fav. Heads:Bio-Organic
i think plants grow accustomed to levels of light they can tolerate during the dark period.. hence the moon during the dark stage

but/or the moon must have some light spectrum or wave lenght that does not effect MJ plants.. not sure what it is.. just interesting..

neostone

neostone

Planted

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 Posts:
I think moonlight is one of the reasons outdoor plants take longer than indoor plants. Genetics is the major of course, but I think plants with no moonlight would finish quicker

Only if the pollen is used on another pure female, a 'forced' hermie would still produce predominately hermie seeds.

lol

I would have said more that seeds inherit the genetic traits of their parents. So if a plant was forced to hermie through light stress or gib acid then yes its likely that plants grown from its seed will also be able to be forced hermie under the same conditions, but they won't necessarily be more prone to go hermie under normal/good growing conditions.

However seeds collected from plants that have gone hermie under normal conditions are a different story obviously.

Edited by neostone, 26 March 2007 - 07:26 AM.

PGHGreek420

PGHGreek420

Budding

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 Posts:
  • Interests:I enjoy smoking a couple spliffs with my family and friends, but every now and then i want to roll a fatty and just chill by my self and watch classic stoner comedies and funny tv shows like looney tunes...
  • Fav. Lighting: Tryin to start a room but need advice on what si the best way if you can help it would be greatly appreciated.
I was wondering so what would be the best and cheapest way to grow alot of plants with a lot of yield real quick while living at home lookin for the best and cheapest way to do it..

also a grat post cant believe its over 3 yrs old

goldcoast

goldcoast

Just Sprouting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 Posts:
crazy times
pound for pound

crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Planted

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 Posts:
I know how that feels oops

Clone

Clone

Planted

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 13 Posts:
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads)
  • Fav. Lighting: HPS

If my pride and joy turned from "possible male" to the OP's picture in one night. I'm cloning this male, I'm keeping any females of that strain (imagine!) and that would probably be my fastest flowering strain.

CYCO Platinum Series Hydroponics Nutrients & Additives
Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.