PROBLEM - Rams Horning

Background: KBS Plants - 8600 Total lights, 8 plants total. ONLY 3600 watts of light turned on now

Major Rams Horning! .... and now yellowing/sparse coloring on the leaves!

Started as soon (well - maybe the next day) as the 2 foot transplants were put into the room.

All room variables have been on par.

(these are at any given time - they are being held stable, NOT swinging around!)

Temp 70-80

humi 40-60

water - enough, but not too much IMHO!

CO2 - 900PPM

I put these girls in the room almost 10 days ago, and within a day - they were starting to exhibit problems.

They were vegged like till 2 feet tall about 14-18 from a 1KW HPS light (two actually for 10 plants) - they were then put into the main room (see past picts) with only the 600s turned on for like 4 days then another couple(2) of thousands were turned on. They were ROCKING and looking wonderful during the pre-veg... it has only been since being put into the BIG room that problems have occured!

MAJOR RAMS HORNS!

ALL KINDS OF FUKEN PROBLEMS!

.... that being said - today they were flushed MAJOR - AND the co2 burner was turned completely off (trying to reduce outside influential factors).... and the girls look slightly better - you can see in some of the picts that the rams horning is not as bad as on others - when yesterday - they were all MAJOR BAD and showing the same symptoms - while today some of them seem to be turning around....

post-10707-1159843335_thumb.jpg

post-10707-1159843369_thumb.jpg

post-10707-1159843388_thumb.jpg

thats some dream wattage to me :thumbdown: but from what you have said it seems as though the plants are suffering from the intensity of the lights being a bit too much for them :thumbdown: easy way to tell if that is the case is to compare the uper leaves to the lower ones and if the lower ones show little to no damage my bet is that you have too much light on them.

but if that isnt what has caused your problem i suggest having a look in the thread i have linked in my sig about plant problems with pics, hopefully it will help you find the solution you are looking for :thumbdown:

i was stupid and only looked at the thumbnails thinking being only 38kb each they wouldnt have been decent :thumbdown: but after looking at the pics im pretty certain you have a pH lockout :thumbdown: easiest way to fix that is to flush the plants and start over with a new nutrient mix, but sadly the damaged parts of the plant more than likely wont recover :thumbdown:

hi bop. im assuming that judging by your setup with the amounts of watts and co2 your running that your not a newbie and that your ph and nutes would be spot on?

if this is the case - im almost certain you have a pythium problem.

i had this problem last year. they were going fine in the veg room then when i moved mine to the main room, they started going yellow and the leaves were drooping. and my roots were looking rather crap.

can u check your roots and give us a picture.

also check for any fungus knats while ur doing that.

what is ur medium, ph, and ec (just to be sure) and what is your irrigation volume and frequency.

if it is pythium then be prepared for a reduced yield. and also good luck beating it.

i would suggest running straight water with oxyplus or pythoff (i havent used pythoff) but apparently it lasts longer than oxyplus. and also drench the medium with fongarid as well as foliar. not much else i found to work. then start using a root product (maybe rhizotonic with cannazyme).

hi bop. im assuming that judging by your setup with the amounts of watts and co2 your running that your not a newbie and that your ph and nutes would be spot on?

if this is the case - im almost certain you have a pythium problem.

Hey man - yer the most right out of all the guesses.

I have done several things and the plants are looking better already :

FLUSHED MAJOR (I always do this and go back to basics whenever I am having problems)

Turned off the CO2 generator (just in case it wasnt burning the fuel properly and releasing noxious gas in the room)

Lowered the lights (turned off 2 1KW HPS)

FYI for a few of you :

This room is a "Hybrid KBS" room - which means vertical lighting - which means that top leaves are no different than lower leaves, as far as light intensity goes.

Also - I want to drop a little bit of knowledge to you guys since you have all been helpful replying to my thread.

A few friends of mine (including some MAJOR BC *canada* growers) use the following - do some research on them on google and you will be blown away IMO.

Companion

Subdue Maxx

Those two products FUKEN ROCK ROCK ROCK for Pythium and fighting it.

The plants have been "dosed" with these after their flush.

They are looking better already.

Thanks Everyone for your Input!

~ Bird Of Prey ~

Shit , the Rams Horn have just happened to me , but i thought it was due to low PH , so i took another look at the root zone , yer all white , then noticed sperm like sticky shit floating in the tank and some hanging from the roots them selves , no superthrive added i know that stuff can sperm up ya tank , so its got me fucked , the temp has never been over 22C , but it does smell a bit earthy..........

I have been using REGEN-A-ROOT from Canadian Xpress , same stuff as Nulife AU60 ROOT REPAIR , people swear by this for bubblers that might get over 22C

1st time i have read pythium caused rams horn , but ill flush and h202 any way ..... pH went down to 4.5 and i thought fuck it , and as i use droppers , im guessing that it could have been lower , we all know we shouldnt look at dropper test under HPS dont we ....man im lazy