• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment
Barneys Farm Cannabis Seeds

Photo

termite problems in the bush

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

Kali Mist

Kali Mist

Flowering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 Posts:
  • Interests:Drugs, Bushwalking in remote places, Plant Breeding, Food & Drug Plant Seed Collection & Preservation, Deep Meditation, Web Design
  • Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal
  • Fav. Heads:Bio-Organic
Hi,

I think I'll stick with DIPEL®.

Those above-mentioned termite & Ant poisons contain Premethrin:

PERMETHRIN
The insecticide permethrin (in the synthetic pyrethroid family) is widely used on cotton, wheat, corn, alfalfa, and other crops. In addition, over 100 million applications are made annually in and around U.S. homes.

Permethrin, like all synthetic pyrethroids, is a neurotoxin. Symptoms include tremors, incoordination, elevated body temperature, increased aggressive behavior, and disruption of learning. Laboratory tests suggest that permethrin is more acutely toxic to children than to adults.

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has classified permethrin as a carcinogen because it causes lung tumors in female mice and liver tumors in mice of both sexes. Permethrin inhibits the activity of the immune system in laboratory tests, and also binds to the receptors for a male sex hormone. It causes chromosome aberrations in human and hamster cells.

Permethrin is toxic to honey bees and other beneficial insects, fish, aquatic insects, crayfish, and shrimp. For many species, concentrations of less than one part per billion are lethal. Permethrin causes deformities and other developmental problems in tadpoles, and reduces the number of oxygen-carrying cells in the blood of birds.

Permethrin has been found in streams and rivers throughout the United States. It is also routinely found on produce, particularly spinach, tomatoes, celery, lettuce, and peaches.

A wide variety of insects have developed resistance to permethrin. High levels of resistance have been documented in cockroaches, head lice, and tobacco budworm.
~
Cheers

Kali

Say thanks with some bits:  bc1q2u6zm8fvmf9n6zv0kdtq0gsvhjfhdcysfss94j  (BTC Only)

re-Peter

re-Peter

Vigorous

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 Posts:
  • Interests:Your mother
  • Fav. Lighting: Mood Lighting Baby
The natural enemy of the termite is the black ant .
Encourage the black ant .
This could be done by dropping a boiled lolly at the base of plants each time after they are watered .
3==D Your Mum says Hi ! 3==D

Major Overgrow

Major Overgrow

Budding

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 Posts:
Some black ants farm scale or aphids.

I tried some DIPEL on a termite nest and it wiped them out completely.

DIPEL ROCKS
SIGN THE PETITION HERE: URL=http://www.getup.org.au/campaign/SaveTheNet/442

Hi,

Did you know the Government is proposing an internet censorship scheme that goes further than any other democracy in the world?

I've signed a petition to prevent the scheme that will make the internet up to 87% slower, more expensive, accidentally block up to one in 12 legitimate sites, will miss the vast majority of inappropriate content and is very easily sidestepped. The government of the day may add any

bush buggered

bush buggered

Budding

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Medicinal
  • Fav. Heads:100% Organic
Hi all. Dipel sounds like its worth a go. Maybe i can go back to growing in the ground. Point of interest though. If dipel is caterpillar specific, Which it is meant to be, why is it zapping termites and ants. And what else does it kill. Ya gotta wonder about its green credentials eh?? :) Cheers guys..b.b....

THE CHEF

THE CHEF

Vegetating

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:None
  • Fav. Heads:None

Outdoor season is over. How did you all go with your termite control methods?
This topic is important for alot of the outdoor growers.

I tryed some of this DIPEL stuff last summer/autumn for a spot i had, and it seemed to have done the job, ;)
am thinking bout pouring another 10litres on the ground next time i am near that way just to make sure they are completely gone

now i got a Q,
there is a pile of mulch nearby that prolly where the majority of the termite were living,
when you turn over the mulch the soil underneath it looks pretty nice, nice dark black/brown very loamy looking i didnt touch it at the time as thats where i discoverd there were termites in the area,
but with some DIPEL being poured over this pile, would it be a good idea to use this soill??? it looks great!

Got a day job, I'll dirt, water, and feed them.

bush buggered

bush buggered

Budding

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 Posts:
Hi all. Poured some dipel down a termite nest 1 week ago.Nest is underground. Going to dig up the nest in the morning with my trusty tractor. After many doses of advice on this subject, which did'nt work, its down to this one. Sure hope the nest is cactus cos i'm over lugging water to pots..Will let yousall know the end result..Cheers.. b.b. Can't see that the dipel you put on the mulch would matter, it is bacterial..

bush buggered

bush buggered

Budding

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 Posts:
Hi all.. Broke open the termite nest today.. barstads were everywhere, alive and well..I poured a full bucket of dipel solution down that nest, at rate of 1 satchel per bucket. So i wonder, if making the little buggers swim in it did'nt infect the nest. I can't see how it would work by pouring it around your plants and relying on stray termites taking it back to infect the nest. They would have eaten the plant roots long before they carked it ..Myths busted... for me anyway....Plan b anyone ??? :devilred: cheers..bb

flatcat_auz

flatcat_auz

Harvesting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 Posts:
  • Fav. Heads:"Hydroponic"
5ltrs of petrol and a match?

Just don't start a gnarly bushfire...........goal's not a nice place they tell me...............
Listen to all the advice....Do what you want

I vape and I vote!!

Innocent criminal

Innocent criminal

Coconut

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1349 Posts:
  • Interests:A stoned petrol head surfer.
  • Fav. Heads:"Hydroponic"
  • Fav. Lighting: Glowing things

5ltrs of petrol and a match?

Gets rid of the nest every time :devilred: but only shorty term they will be back, fire never eliminates them completely.

Just don't start a gnarly bushfire...........goal's not a nice place they tell me...............

:harhar: the things we do as teens :faint: like accidentally burning off 120 acres :peace:
8:53 am [STONEDAJ69] : dont shit on me, ive "walked in" on Morgaine doing it

Everyday account
Current Bal:
$4.20-

Assume nothing, question everything

Site Rules
Not there for show.

potrocket

potrocket

Troll

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 Posts:
Dipel doe'snt work i tried it on an ant nest in my yard and they have not budged ! I think a dipel employee has fooled a few people ! Myself included ! Thanks Bud !

Edited by hazedaze, 01 October 2009 - 10:26 PM.

Barneys Farm Cannabis Seeds
Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.