termite problems in the bush

Hi,

I think I'll stick with DIPEL®.

Those above-mentioned termite & Ant poisons contain Premethrin:

PERMETHRIN

The insecticide permethrin (in the synthetic pyrethroid family) is widely used on cotton, wheat, corn, alfalfa, and other crops. In addition, over 100 million applications are made annually in and around U.S. homes.

Permethrin, like all synthetic pyrethroids, is a neurotoxin. Symptoms include tremors, incoordination, elevated body temperature, increased aggressive behavior, and disruption of learning. Laboratory tests suggest that permethrin is more acutely toxic to children than to adults.

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has classified permethrin as a carcinogen because it causes lung tumors in female mice and liver tumors in mice of both sexes. Permethrin inhibits the activity of the immune system in laboratory tests, and also binds to the receptors for a male sex hormone. It causes chromosome aberrations in human and hamster cells.

Permethrin is toxic to honey bees and other beneficial insects, fish, aquatic insects, crayfish, and shrimp. For many species, concentrations of less than one part per billion are lethal. Permethrin causes deformities and other developmental problems in tadpoles, and reduces the number of oxygen-carrying cells in the blood of birds.

Permethrin has been found in streams and rivers throughout the United States. It is also routinely found on produce, particularly spinach, tomatoes, celery, lettuce, and peaches.

A wide variety of insects have developed resistance to permethrin. High levels of resistance have been documented in cockroaches, head lice, and tobacco budworm.

~

Cheers

Kali

Outdoor season is over. How did you all go with your termite control methods?

This topic is important for alot of the outdoor growers.

I tryed some of this DIPEL stuff last summer/autumn for a spot i had, and it seemed to have done the job, ;)

am thinking bout pouring another 10litres on the ground next time i am near that way just to make sure they are completely gone

now i got a Q,

there is a pile of mulch nearby that prolly where the majority of the termite were living,

when you turn over the mulch the soil underneath it looks pretty nice, nice dark black/brown very loamy looking i didnt touch it at the time as thats where i discoverd there were termites in the area,

but with some DIPEL being poured over this pile, would it be a good idea to use this soill??? it looks great!

Hi all. Poured some dipel down a termite nest 1 week ago.Nest is underground. Going to dig up the nest in the morning with my trusty tractor. After many doses of advice on this subject, which did'nt work, its down to this one. Sure hope the nest is cactus cos i'm over lugging water to pots..Will let yousall know the end result..Cheers.. b.b. Can't see that the dipel you put on the mulch would matter, it is bacterial..

Hi all.. Broke open the termite nest today.. barstads were everywhere, alive and well..I poured a full bucket of dipel solution down that nest, at rate of 1 satchel per bucket. So i wonder, if making the little buggers swim in it did'nt infect the nest. I can't see how it would work by pouring it around your plants and relying on stray termites taking it back to infect the nest. They would have eaten the plant roots long before they carked it ..Myths busted... for me anyway....Plan b anyone ??? :devilred: cheers..bb